1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Partial refund? What? around $80 on a 6-700$ piece? Have they replaced any damaged items for anyone? I don't think so. That's what they should be doing. Even the full refund offer negates you returning a second faulty car? That's not right IMO.

You can't dictate how they run their business. They would rather sell multiple Batmobiles to multiple buyers and bank on some of them keeping it with the defects, than go through multiple Batmobiles with one buyer. If they're not making money, why even bother?

Right or wrong, it's irrelevant, but I don't know why you insist on throwing money their way and keep them in business if you're all bent out shape on their business practice.:dunno

I would contact my CC company, tell them that I am returning faulty goods for a full refund. Then re-order, and if that one is faulty do exactly the same thing again. SS do not have the right to tell you that they will only refund you once, if they are selling faulty goods, you have every right to return every single item. Over and over. When they sell you something they are entering into a contract with you to supply you with a brand new mint item. If they do not deliver on that they are breaking the contract. You could and should send the item back, order a second and return that if it's still faulty. They are just trying to cover their asses, because they know they are selling faulty goods.

It would work if (1) Sideshow hasn't already refuse your business and banned you; (2) CC hasn't already dropped you due to malicious disputes. Then maybe, just maybe you might get that perfect Batmobile. Or you could save yourself time and go straight to BBTS who is offering to inspect and ship defect-free Batmobiles.

:cuckoo:

You can't dictate how they run their business.

You can actually. If they take your money, you have consumer rights. They cannot tell you not to return a faulty item.

Even if it a second, third or forth replacement from them. A faulty item is a faulty item. Your Visa card will cover you in such cases should there be a debate.

For example:
You got a scratched Batmobile, after waiting for a year patiently. I don't want a $70 refund, I want the shiny minty fresh car that I ordered.

*1: Just go to their website and order a Batmobile (while it's still available).
*2: Then send your faulty batmobile in for a full refund.

What are they gonna do?

Any hassle with that? Call your credit card company.
Easy.

Just got mine yesterday. The local retailer whom I ordered this two years ago charged me extra $30 saying that currency has increased etc etc. Mine came scratch free but I accidently scratch this while trying to remove it from the box.... Luckily I manage to polish this back but now one small part is slightly shinier than the rest of the body. I have the tumbler but this is even more impressive than the tumbler. Looks great side by side!

image_zpsc9e99006.jpg

image_zpsd49c85d7.jpg

Now I'm wanting to buy a Black Tumbler.

You can actually. If they take your money, you have consumer rights. They cannot tell you not to return a faulty item.

Even if it a second, third or forth replacement from them. A faulty item is a faulty item. Your Visa card will cover you in such cases should there be a debate.

For example:
You got a scratched Batmobile, after waiting for a year patiently. I don't want a $70 refund, I want the shiny minty fresh car that I ordered.

*1: Just go to their website and order a Batmobile (while it's still available).
*2: Then send your faulty batmobile in for a full refund.

What are they gonna do?

Any hassle with that? Call your credit card company.
Easy.

And when the replacement the buyer orders is also scratched, so he keeps sending them back "over and over" until they get a mint one, who is going to pay for all of those repeated shippings? I don't think SS is going to send anyone more than one return label. Are they going to wait for each individual credit card refund to process (after they contact the seller, investigate each transaction, and complete the processing)...before they order the second, third, fourth replacement Batmobile? Or should they just order with the confidence that the funds will be credited back before they actually receive the credit?

I understand the anger and frustration that would motivate someone to actually try this, but in practice, it is way more effort than it's worth, and the most likely result is a lot more wasted time and money on the consumer. Instead of making it better, whoever tries this would actually create more headache for themselves and make their situation worse.

Now I'm wanting to buy a Black Tumbler.

That picture actually strengthened my resolve to not ever buy the HT Tumbler. The 89 Batmobile is so graceful when next to the Tumbler which here looks like an eyesore to me...no offense to all Tumbler fans, I have a 1/18 HW Tumbler and a Revoltech Tumbler as well, just not a fan of HT's.

And when the replacement the buyer orders is also scratched, so he keeps sending them back "over and over" until they get a mint one, who is going to pay for all of those repeated shippings? I don't think SS is going to send anyone more than one return label. Are they going to wait for each individual credit card refund to process (after they contact the seller, investigate each transaction, and complete the processing)...before they order the second, third, fourth replacement Batmobile? Or should they just order with the confidence that the funds will be credited back before they actually receive the credit?

I understand the anger and frustration that would motivate someone to actually try this, but in practice, it is way more effort than it's worth, and the most likely result is a lot more wasted time and money on the consumer. Instead of making it better, whoever tries this would actually create more headache for themselves and make their situation worse.

How exactly? :dunno

Forget about the over and over thing. Each time you purchase a Batmobile and receive a faulty one, the seller is responsible for shipping and a non faulty replacement. You order 10 of them, same rule applies.

But you are right about the shipping, and SS would have to pay it all, which is exactly why they are trying to fob their customers off with a token gesture. They are sincerely hoping people don't start asking for refunds en masse, or they would be rightly screwed.
That's the real reason why they are saying they do not have any replacements. They are betting on people willing to keep it, damaged or not rather than not having one at all, thats really really **** of them IMO.

They are screwing their customers. For the record, I got a mint vehicle, the cocoon was a little damaged, so no bitterness here, I just think it sucks to see what's going down.

How exactly? :dunno

Forget about the over and over thing. Each time you purchase a Batmobile and receive a faulty one, the seller is responsible for shipping and a non faulty replacement. You order 10 of them, same rule applies.

But you are right about the shipping, and SS would have to pay it all, which is exactly why they are trying to fob their customers off with a token gesture. They are sincerely hoping people don't start asking for refunds en masse, or they would be rightly screwed.
That's the real reason why they are saying they do not have any replacements. They are betting on people willing to keep it, damaged or not rather than not having one at all, thats really really **** of them IMO.

They are screwing their customers. For the record, I got a mint vehicle, the cocoon was a little damaged, so no bitterness here, I just think it sucks to see what's going down.

Sideshow's policy on this though is that they won't be covering the shipping if you choose to order another after returning the first. That is one of the things they explained to me when I asked about the "no exchange" policy. William (the returns coordinator) explained that if you return one and then use the funds to buy another, you now do it at your own risk since you know it is a common issue. You won't be offered the partial credit, and SS will not cover your shipping if you want a refund.

That was one of the reasons I took the credit. If I bought another and got one worse than before, I would be screwed out of the shipping and the credit. :(

Sallah

That picture actually strengthened my resolve to not ever buy the HT Tumbler. The 89 Batmobile is so graceful when next to the Tumbler which here looks like an eyesore to me...no offense to all Tumbler fans, I have a 1/18 HW Tumbler and a Revoltech Tumbler as well, just not a fan of HT's.

I know. The 89 batmobile is the Holy Grail of the batman. I'm thinking of the DX12 with the Tumbler, Selina Kyle with the Batpod, then DX09 with the Batmobile. The next piece I got to wait I guess is the 60's bats.

I know. The 89 batmobile is the Holy Grail of the batman. I'm thinking of the DX12 with the Tumbler, Selina Kyle with the Batpod, then DX09 with the Batmobile. The next piece I got to wait I guess is the 60's bats.

I was on the fence about 60's Bats... I know if I bought the Batman & Robin combo, I would want the car. After the way the '89 car has been handled though, there is no way I will order the '66. So they solved the dilemma of purchasing that line for me. :)

Sallah

Really wrestling on weather to get this or not.

I could sell my Space Adam and Gun Metal Iron man and have this paid for.

Space is an issue but I have four detolfs. Will this fit on top of the detolfs?

How wide is the rear of this as I fear the detolfs are not deep enough?

I think it will look very bad displayed that way but i dont have one to click and share, may be someone can?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You think the wheels will be over the edge?
You can post images using Tapatalk if you have any handy on your iPad?!

My bad, what i meant was i don have a batmobile. Neve bought it for space reason , but i still thnk it will look bad on that shelf... Typically you need 30 pct free surround space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think the top of the Detolfs are about 16", so it would fit on them, however there would be a slight overhang I'm sure....the wheels would sit flush on them though I'd say.

Yay. My second one from bbts arrives monday. Hopefully its scratch free. I would have gone with CSC had people not bought their perfect examples..

Just got my Batmobile from BBTS, it was opened with a piece of paper saying it was inspected for damage.....if came scratched. I will post up pics soon but the straps that were supposed to hold the canopy in place were off....I think them checking it might have actually been what made it scratched in the first place. I don't know if they put the canopy straps back on right or if those came off during shipping. Either way....getting them to check it ment nothing.

EDIT: Pictures!

bm1.JPG

bm2.JPG

bm3.JPG

bm4.JPG

bm5.JPG

bm6.JPG

Last edited:
Back