1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the plunge and had this vehicle shipped from HK, with the box modified to US shipping standards. This of course will be filled to the top to ensure it doesn't move or fall out of the box

People in HK are pretty much complaining about how badly the box is packaged and saying the damages come from how bad it's in the box in the first place but who knows.

Took a couple of more for you all

BM3.jpg

desk3.jpg

Man I really want to buy this thing but I don't think I can manage it. September I'm going to have 3 flex payments for Hulk, Batman, and Superman PFs. If I added this to it that'd be like $300 in flex payments! BUT I WANTS IT!!!

I just checked stock at bbts for this and they 130 batmobile's in-stock, judging by the size of those boxes they really must take up a whole lot of space. I wonder if this piece does not sell well if they will end up putting this on clearance.

It will sell. SSC just put this on low-stock alert with less than 25 pieces. They won't be getting anymore so once it's gone, it's gone. With all of the damaged ones and returns, get one while you can and good luck getting one scratch-free.

I just checked stock at bbts for this and they 130 batmobile's in-stock, judging by the size of those boxes they really must take up a whole lot of space. I wonder if this piece does not sell well if they will end up putting this on clearance.

I wonder if that is accurate. I thought BBTS said they were having them drop shipped from SS because they did not have space for them and 130 would take up a LOT of space. :dunno

Damn it, Canada post won't let urbansamuraihobbies ship the batmobile to me cause its too damn big. So now, I got to wait on the different shipping quotes. >.<

Last edited:
I went ahead and ordered another one, but this time put it on flex pay so I'll get it in December as a Christmas gift of sorts. I hope by then they figure out how to ship it scratch free.

I wonder if that is accurate. I thought BBTS said they were having them drop shipped from SS because they did not have space for them and 130 would take up a LOT of space. :dunno

My order from BBTS shipped out yesterday from Minnesota. I am receiving it on Tuesday.

Well, I think I have decided to accept the $75 merchandise credit on my slightly scratched/ damaged box Batmobile. I figure the box is too big to display, the scratches are pretty minor compared to others I've seen post, and the credit makes the Hot Toys Evil Superman's price a little more bearable for a repaint. Am I happy with the small credit or how this was all handled? No... but the Batmobile is just too amazing for me not to own. I'll take one with a couple of small imperfections over not having one at all. Had it been as bad as some of the others I have seen in this thread, that may not have been enough to keep it though, so I can definitely understand both sides.

...but this definitely has altered my feelings on both HT and SS. Things I was on the fence about before are now a "no-go", and my thoughts about sticking to only Keaton/ Reeve for the rest of my collecting days are now more cemented.

Sallah

I still think it's absolutely **** that Sideshow are still selling these when people have been left with damaged goods and little or no comeback. Personally I would be calling my credit card company and opening a dispute.

I have had mine for about a day now, Id consider mine to be in prestine condition, however i do have some light scratch marks here and there .. to me this is a given since its since a big peice and its made out of plastic.

I wish they made this out of alluminum, it has that plastic toy look in some lighting, especially the rear fenders .. looks like it could of been boughten at walmart.

I do think it feels a little cheap to when you pick it up, has that loose plastic feel, hard to explain.

I still love it as it brings back memories from childhood .. but it is overpriced.

I still think it's absolutely **** that Sideshow are still selling these when people have been left with damaged goods and little or no comeback. Personally I would be calling my credit card company and opening a dispute.

What? Sideshow has been offering a partial refund or a full refund with a return on them. There is no grounds for a credit card dispute unless you went through a middleman who is making it difficult for you.

Just got mine yesterday. The local retailer whom I ordered this two years ago charged me extra $30 saying that currency has increased etc etc. Mine came scratch free but I accidently scratch this while trying to remove it from the box.... Luckily I manage to polish this back but now one small part is slightly shinier than the rest of the body. I have the tumbler but this is even more impressive than the tumbler. Looks great side by side!

image_zpsc9e99006.jpg

image_zpsd49c85d7.jpg

What? Sideshow has been offering a partial refund or a full refund with a return on them. There is no grounds for a credit card dispute unless you went through a middleman who is making it difficult for you.

Partial refund? What? around $80 on a 6-700$ piece? Have they replaced any damaged items for anyone? I don't think so. That's what they should be doing. Even the full refund offer negates you returning a second faulty car? That's not right IMO.

I would contact my CC company, tell them that I am returning faulty goods for a full refund. Then re-order, and if that one is faulty do exactly the same thing again. SS do not have the right to tell you that they will only refund you once, if they are selling faulty goods, you have every right to return every single item. Over and over. When they sell you something they are entering into a contract with you to supply you with a brand new mint item. If they do not deliver on that they are breaking the contract. You could and should send the item back, order a second and return that if it's still faulty. They are just trying to cover their asses, because they know they are selling faulty goods.

Nice!

Hopefully yours doesn't have any scratches. Still waiting for mine from Super Power Collectibles, they should have them in the next week or so.

It's in perfect condition. :hi5:

Picture was taken about two minutes before we opened that sucker up for inspection.

Back