1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I thought... but DiFabio used a bunch of points on his, so if he returns it they are gone... unless they are making an exception in this case?

No points, no coupons.

I can re-buy as many times as I like but the kicker is, if future ones have the scratches, I eat the shipping if I want to return it.

Meaning you didn't use points or they aren't giving any back?

So if you used $300 in points the only refund you will get is the other $329 + shipping right?
If you rebuy it you will be out another $300 that you originally didn't have to spend cause you used points.

You don't get any points back when cancelling a order or when returning one. Once you check out with your points, they're forever gone.

thats a load of BS right there. SS sure has all the little fine print on lock down. They keep every penny tucked away in their piggy banks.

this policy bothers me more than anything batmobile wise. QC is one thing when you have hundreds of hands touching an item. But if you ask about the points, theyll say, thats just the way our system is set up. ok dummy, FIX YOUR SYSTEM. im sure there is an IT guy somewhere who can help you and your system out to be fair and return points we earned.

god they piss me off.

That's what I thought... but DiFabio used a bunch of points on his, so if he returns it they are gone... unless they are making an exception in this case?

I used points, I didn't use alot of points (well, not as many as you seem to think), that's the difference. There was also that Valentines day $25 off thing I used for it, the one that came with my DX 09 Keaton Batman.

Let's just say after shipping and stuff, I still paid well over $640 for it. I don't even want to think about somebody that used $630 REWARDS POINTS towards it and had the damage. :horror

I spoke with a really great returns department coordinator who talked me through all of my options. He knew what was up and understands the anguish we're all going through with this crap.

Sideshow's getting burned horribly by this too. He wouldn't disclose an exact number, but a lot of people are contacting Sideshow about this, not to mention all the other retailers (I'm not the only one he spoke with). They're so desperate that when I go through the returns process (which I'm currently in), they're going to first see if there's a retailer around Pittsburgh who would be interested in my return as a display piece so they don't have to take the damn thing back. THAT'S how bad this is. :lol

So yeah, they're hurting. I'm actually really impressed with how they're handling this after I spoke with him.

thats a load of BS right there. SS sure has all the little fine print on lock down. They keep every penny tucked away in their piggy banks.

this policy bothers me more than anything batmobile wise. QC is one thing when you have hundreds of hands touching an item. But if you ask about the points, theyll say, thats just the way our system is set up. ok dummy, FIX YOUR SYSTEM. im sure there is an IT guy somewhere who can help you and your system out to be fair and return points we earned.

god they piss me off.

I understand the policy and see why it's in place to keep people from constanly changing their minds and having to have SSC reimburse the points for cancelled orders because they found a cheaper price elsewhere or just don't want the item anymore or whatnot...
But something like this they should make an exception... by no fault of our own the thing is messed up... we didn't get what we were expecting. For those that used points they don't really have the option to return it for a full refund... cause then you don't even get enough to buy another... you are pretty much locked in to taking the partial refund, or loosing a ton of points $.

You don't get any points back when cancelling a order or when returning one. Once you check out with your points, they're forever gone.

This explains why some of my points are missing, had to cancel my Robocop order as there was a glitch that happened, they told me to reorder.

I wonder if I call back and explain what happened they'll give me my $10 back. :pray:

I understand the policy and see why it's in place to keep people from constanly changing their minds and having to have SSC reimburse the points for cancelled orders because they found a cheaper price elsewhere or just don't want the item anymore or whatnot...

this is our right. we should be able to change our mind. life happens. if they dont like it, maybe they should price more competitively. AE has better prices and also has reward points. i dont like their attitude though mostly. they act like its something they cant fix, but they wish they could because they respect us so much.

"just like a young man coming in for a quickie. i feel so unsatisfied." ...with their stance.

I used points, I didn't use alot of points (well, not as many as you seem to think), that's the difference. There was also that Valentines day $25 off thing I used for it, the one that came with my DX 09 Keaton Batman.

Let's just say after shipping and stuff, I still paid well over $640 for it. I don't even want to think about somebody that used $630 REWARDS POINTS towards it and had the damage. :horror

I spoke with a really great returns department coordinator who talked me through all of my options. He knew what was up and understands the anguish we're all going through with this crap.

Sideshow's getting burned horribly by this too. He wouldn't disclose an exact number, but a lot of people are contacting Sideshow about this, not to mention all the other retailers (I'm not the only one he spoke with). They're so desperate that when I go through the returns process (which I'm currently in), they're going to first see if there's a retailer around Pittsburgh who would be interested in my return as a display piece so they don't have to take the damn thing back. THAT'S how bad this is. :lol

So yeah, they're hurting. I'm actually really impressed with how they're handling this after I spoke with him.

I can imagine it is really bad for them. They just sent out what HT sent them and they are left to clean up the mess with probably with little to no help from Hot Toys.
I am sure there will be big changes when the 66 ships. No company can afford to eat shipping costs and deal with replacements on something this big and expensive.

Just a few quick pics...pardon the dust & fingerprints:

Scratches:

Just STUNNNING- even with blemishes- it HAS to have the DX09 by it to look so awesome...
I'm keeping mine if it has minor blemishes and will send BBTS pics in hopes for some kind of refund...

Just a few quick pics...pardon the dust & fingerprints:....

Great pics, but I'm noticing that headlight effect with mine in person too...there seems to be a slight greenish tint to it, instead of straight amber-ish/yellow like they should be.

EDIT: Took out the picture quotes for a-dev. :peace

Last edited:
89 batmobile is the best one closely followed by the animated series one. the 1/6 scale one looks insane :panic:

Same here. They are trying to find a reseller in my area who wants to buy it as a "Display Piece." Hope they don't mind displaying it with all of the defects.

I'm curious if the ones shipping in a couple weeks will be opened and inspected. I am also curious if they will add additional foam to protect the canopy.

Whenever I finally do get mine, if it comes unscathed, I will be tossing the box and that damn shield.

Same here. They are trying to find a reseller in my area who wants to buy it as a "Display Piece." Hope they don't mind displaying it with all of the defects.

Wow- maybe SS has had it with HT's QC issues...they are going to go throgh S*** because many more Batmobiles are yet to be shipped out.
SS beter be raising cane with HT right now...this kind of thing keeps occuring over and over again...

I'm curious if the ones shipping in a couple weeks will be opened and inspected. I am also curious if they will add additional foam to protect the canopy.

Whenever I finally do get mine, if it comes unscathed, I will be tossing the box and that damn shield.

I'll take the shield off your hands.

Back