1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Man it is huge. His hand was looking tiny every time he pointed or touched something on the car.Holy moly it is just pure awesomeness.

I want to see a batman in the drivers seat. I wonder if it kind of lays in there.The cockpit looks cramped.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Anyone else wondering why we haven't seen anything with Bats in the seat, or anything lit up, or the shell? Just weird with it shipping soon.

They lowered my shippin from 113.08 to 112.79 :yess: :lol

Last edited:

Glad this is shipping soon, but can't understand why the shipping is so high. I am getting over the international quotes to the midwest too. Sounds like UPS may be screwing something up if SS is not.

Can' wait for the in hand pics ...and less crying about shipping cost.

Dudes, the box is 4 feet long and 2 feet wide! :horror
The UPS dimensional weight is definitely kicking this price up a lot because it's going to take up so much space on that delivery truck.

Holy Fn' S.......my shipping is

Your current total includes estimated shipping of $112.79. Contact us for a firm ship cost. [Click Here]

that's ridiculous.....GTFO SS with that shipping cost. The tumbler cost $38 and this isn't much bigger.

3 lbs more than the tumbler. We are getting screwed guys.

Glad this is shipping soon, but can't understand why the shipping is so high. I am getting over the international quotes to the midwest too. Sounds like UPS may be screwing something up if SS is not.

Thats because Sideshow is getting a big fat shipping discount for international fedex shipping. I know that for a fact because fedex will charge vat on the actuall shipping price before the sideshow Discount :slap

UPS is offering something similar ( up to 50% Discount on express saver Service, not including fuel tax) , but also only on international shipping.

3 lbs more than the tumbler. We are getting screwed guys.

Its not the weight it's the size. I checked on UPS checking shipping rates and the price was the same at 30 or 48 pounds.

93$ to San Diego! UPS charges less for closer distances.
Also remember with how much they ship they are on a heavy discount rate with ups.

I shipped an item to amazon on their account and it was $3. Retail would have been like 15$ Think about it.

Total ripoff at that rate. I doubt BBTS could have a better commercial rate then SST. SST has to be pocketing the difference!

The box is 4 feet long. This is the biggest box I will have ever received through the mail. I'm really hoping the wife isn't home when it shows up lol.

I know it sucks about the $100 shipping guys but it really is the size of the box. Sideshow isn't trying to rip anyone off and pocket the money. Once you get this in your hands all of that anger will disappear.

The tumbler was almost four feet long. You guys really aren't that bright if you think SS isn't making money off these crap shipping charges. I repeat once again. It cost $38 to ship the tumbler. This isn't $70 more to ship. Sorry.

Well how it costs 108$ to ship this half way around the world to me and the same if not more to ship within the US makes zero sense.

I think 108$ is a very fair shipping price to Ireland. For something this size via FEDEX. I think US customers are being screwed over.

Can' wait for the in hand pics ...and less crying about shipping cost.

Have you actually ordered one? You'll get one soon, so why wait for in hand pics? Probably because you can't afford one, let alone the s/h.
100 bucks for shipping is outrageous, no matter what you do in life. I do well, but I hate to give money away like that. Specially when the tumbler's S/H cost was 25 bucks even.

Well how it costs 108$ to ship this half way around the world to me and the same if not more to ship within the US makes zero sense.

I think 108$ is a very fair shipping price to Ireland. For something this size via FEDEX. I think US customers are being screwed over.

Forbiddenplanet is still only quoting £18 to ship this to Ireland. Can that be right or are they not yet adjusting for the size of this thing d'you reckon?

The tumbler was almost four feet long. You guys really aren't that bright if you think SS isn't making money off these crap shipping charges. I repeat once again. It cost $38 to ship the tumbler. This isn't $70 more to ship. Sorry.

Well, dimensional shipping can get tricky, if this is just one inch over a specific limit it goes WAY up so hopefully they can help us out and send another carrier if that is the case.

Well, dimensional shipping can get tricky, if this is just one inch over a specific limit it goes WAY up so hopefully they can help us out and send another carrier if that is the case.

:lecture If anyone's ever sold anything they should know this. It can be a pain in the *** finding the right box to ship something in for this reason. It doesn't have to be massively bigger than the Tumbler to take a big jump in price.

Yea when I got the Tumbler last year it was $38 to ship. That's $13 more than they charged for Monger! This thing at $113 makes me wonder. It's gotta be dimensional weight or maybe they just didn't get a negotiated rate from UPS on this somehow?

:lecture If anyone's ever sold anything they should know this. It can be a pain in the *** finding the right box to ship something in for this reason. It doesn't have to be massively bigger than the Tumbler to take a big jump in price.

This is absolutely right. No question.
But then again, how does BBTS offers to ship this beast to me for $44 from Minnesota using the same carrier while SS, that is located right next to me charges me almost double is what makes no sense to me. Does bbts have a deal with ups that SS does not?(how the hell is that possible?!) Or is it straight rape from SS plain and simple? It just makes no sense.
And remember, BBTS packs ON TOP of huge boxes also, at no additional discount.

Back