1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of you got awesome displays!!! Amazing!

Darknight to answer you this is the car I got back to 2013. A tiny Italian car...

So useless to imagine my face when the retailer brought me the box! It was hot to close the trunk properly...:rotfl

When I finally saw the few owners here, the few numbers produced and the fact that HT should have not won a lot of money, I realize the miracle that this Batmobile saw the light of day and how lucky I am to have grabbed one...

Updated list with 19 spoken for on this board so far. And wow...some stunning displays in here. :clap

Freaks w/ 89 Batmobile:

1. creasy
  2. DiFabio
  3. DiFabio (has 2)
  4. Jolietbat
  5. ZE_501
  6. Figurefreaks
  7. darkknight
  8. Rondesmo
  9. otomofan
  10. batman717
  11. Cicada17
  12. Ropen
  13. a-dev
  14. Bgnyc007
  15. Jameson Rook
  16. Marine Boy
  17. Sephiroth1089
  18. punisher1974
  19. dls712

With the sudden boost of this thread you?d think that the actor who played the Batmobile died or something.. :monkey3

LOL..it has that feel. I do enjoy it when older releases get some love, a reminder that the latest isn't always the greatest. Some of these older Hot Toys pieces are truly iconic and we may not see their like again.

Although Anton Furst did sadly took his own life back in 1991 -- the man responsible for Burton's Gotham and the Batmobile.

I thought I was crazy for buying a 1:1 cowl replica... You have the whole suit?! That is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha thanks! Its not screen accurate suit but its meant to be a lot easier to put on and take off since its actually a motorcycle outfit. I think it looks close enough. Its my favorite live action suit so I really wanted one to wear to comic con.

Definitely some awesome displays from all of you guys. I havent shared pics of mine becuase my set up pales in comparison to everyone else's set up. But here's one of mine. I'm currently in the process of rearranging my gameroom but have no idea how I want to display this beast.
c84dd281ff1fd2638792ca69e35be3a0.jpg

Definitely some awesome displays from all of you guys. I havent shared pics of mine becuase my set up pales in comparison to everyone else's set up. But here's one of mine. I'm currently in the process of rearranging my gameroom but have no idea how I want to display this beast.
c84dd281ff1fd2638792ca69e35be3a0.jpg

Me need to be so modest! Thats an awesome display-sleek & really balanced!
All the displays iv seen on this have been amazing-when you have something like this you have to display it appropriately!
Keep em coming! [emoji106]

no need to be so modest! Thats an awesome display-sleek & really balanced!
All the displays iv seen on this have been amazing-when you have something like this you have to display it appropriately!
Keep em coming! [emoji106]

View attachment 476405

Here's mine. Glass-enclosed display. Still need to add some 1/6 scale fall leaves and some additional props to add atmosphere to the diorama.

Yeah that?s truly exceptional work! Really impressive! Need to keep us updated on your progress with it if you add more to it

Updated list with 20 spoken for.

Freaks w/ 89 Batmobile:

1. creasy
  2. DiFabio
  3. DiFabio (has 2)
  4. Jolietbat
  5. ZE_501
  6. Figurefreaks
  7. darkknight
  8. Rondesmo
  9. otomofan
  10. batman717
  11. Cicada17
  12. Ropen
  13. a-dev
  14. Bgnyc007
  15. Jameson Rook
  16. Marine Boy
  17. Sephiroth1089
  18. punisher1974
  19. dls712
  20. t3xAsFi3nd

I have one, its been in storage since I bought it from BBTS in '13 for $579. It cost more than my first real car ($500 in '91). I only opened it to inspect it for scuffs. After complaining to BBTS, they gave me a store credit (I forget the amount). I recently finished building an enclosed shelf for it, I just need to go pull it out of storage, maybe today!

Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

wait so there?s 800 worldwide?

Yeah I got told it was limited to
800 - worldwide period. back when it first got released.
I think hot toys done it more as a thing to get their name on the map.
I know it?s a weird analogy but Bugatti sold their first Veyrons at a loss just to get the company name out there & it worked.

Updated list = 21 '89 Batmobiles:

1. creasy
  2. DiFabio
  3. DiFabio (has 2)
  4. Jolietbat
  5. ZE_501
  6. Figurefreaks
  7. darkknight
  8. Rondesmo
  9. otomofan
  10. batman717
  11. Cicada17
  12. Ropen
  13. a-dev
  14. Bgnyc007
  15. Jameson Rook
  16. Marine Boy
  17. Sephiroth1089
  18. punisher1974
  19. dls712
  20. t3xAsFi3nd
  21. ILuvToyz

Re: Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Yeah I got told it was limited to
800 - worldwide period. back when it first got released.
I think hot toys done it more as a thing to get their name on the map.
I know it?s a weird analogy but Bugatti sold their first Veyrons at a loss just to get the company name out there & it worked.

Well, 21 here so far...I know of one that sold from Canada (not sure to where) in the past year or so, plus the half-dozen or so we can see on eBay.

That's at least 772 unaccounted for!

Re: Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Well, 21 here so far...I know of one that sold from Canada (not sure to where) in the past year or so, plus the half-dozen or so we can see on eBay.

That's at least 772 unaccounted for!

I know! I thought more people on
Here would be on owners but a quick search on google images & you can see a lot of people with set ups & displays of it aren?t on here!

Creasy, your analogy with Bugatti is very interesting. HT wanted to make a name for theirself, wanted to strike a blow and dominate the market so they produced giant 1/6 vehicles, a sort of demonstration of their potential without making apparently a lot of profit but the ones on this niche market. When they did the prototype of the 66 Batmobile they understood that it would be a much more complex and expensive car to produce and to sell in the same price range so when they saw the half failure of the 66 figures, they gave up and rather to risk loose money they focused on Marvel and Star Wars, a much easier way to make money with lower investments. And above all, their reputation was made...

I have one. bought it when it came out. Perfectly without any scuffs, too. Got real lucky.
I thought that list was someone making a new one. lol.
There's another old member, jed, something..I'm almost positive he has one. He was really into the Batmobile, even had a countach? repainted.

Last edited:

Yeah I’m a sicko.

At one point I had three at one time. I was OCDing hard when the one I got from Sideshow had the scratches on them. When they told me they weren’t replacing and offered me a measly partial refund, I immediately ordered another from Warner Bros store and BBTS. The WB store had that deal for $550 and I hopped on it. Got them, checked em’, returned the one back to Sideshow.

Ended up hanging onto the second, just because. I don’t regret it really, especially after they cancelled the 66’ and BvS Batmobiles. Stuff like this isn’t made anymore.

Back