1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve got the same from Sora Shop:

Personally my dimensions are:

110 cm Length / 50 cm width / 40 cm height if I remember correctly...

Man, I can't keep re-visiting this thread! I didn't have the funds for something like this when it came out and JUUUSSSTTT missed the opportunity to snag one for cheap when BBTS was selling either lightly-damaged Batmobiles or old inventory a few years back. I emailed them shortly after and they said they had a few more left but they weren't sure when they would list it. I emailed them a few times over the years as to when they would find the time to list them and kept getting the run-around. I gave up.

Enjoy them guys! Maybe I'll get lucky and own one in the future!

DSC_0793.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0795.jpg
    DSC_0795.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 149
I bought mine from Japan. I think shipping was about $107. It was worth it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious on how much people spent on this. I just checked my invoice from Amazon. January 2014. $672 shipped brand new on a small crate from Japan to Hawaii. So happy I got it during the time. Maybe Hot Toys will release a 2.0 for the ones who misses out.

Do you know approximately how many 89 Batmobiles were made?

Personally I bought mine in November 2013. First I ordered a first one in July 2013 to a retailer but a few weeks later, I was refund, the retailer explained me that he did not managed to get enough Batmobiles to honor my order. I was very disappointed... and everything was already sold out in PO.
In November only 2 popped up on eBay from an another French retailer that managed to get two more. I immediately ordered. 550 €. And no shipping because he was at 20 miles from me. Sounds a bargain nowadays...
The other extra Batmobile was sold in the same night.

It was pretty hard to get one in France. Always remember how I was shocked by the size of the box!!!:horror

I don’t think a new release will be ever made. When Batman Returns came out, everyone thought a new version would be announced but they already put all the 89/92 features one the car. And now it seems evident that Hot Toys had completely abandoned this line. But if they ever do that, the car would be listed at 800-1000$ now...

Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Personally I bought mine in November 2013. First I ordered a first one in July 2013 to a retailer but a few weeks later, I was refund, the retailer explained me that he did not managed to get enough Batmobiles to honor my order. I was very disappointed... and everything was already sold out in PO.
In November only 2 popped up on eBay from an another French retailer that managed to get two more. I immediately ordered. 550 ?. And no shipping because he was at 20 miles from me. Sounds a bargain nowadays...

It was pretty hard to get one in France. Always remember how I was shocked by the size of the box!!!:horror

I don?t think a new release will be ever made. When Batman Returns came out, everyone thought a new version would be announced but they already put all the 89/92 features one the car. And now it seems evident that Hot Toys had completely abandoned this line. But if they ever do that, the car would be listed at 800-1000$ now...

I got mine a few months after release direct from Hong Kong & I?m so glad I did.
It?s definitely a grail piece I would never sell, anyone who sees it are blown away by it.
The vendor I bought from in Hong Kong said although hot toys never release numbers on any items there were 800 made and that was it.
They also said it was a very low profit item for them

I got mine too from hong kong and got the box butchered because it was too big for US post office, luckily though i bought one new from a guy in europe for a 100 bucks, i am lucky though and missed the chance to get a bbts one for 300 bucks for when they sold, but still

I got mine too from hong kong and got the box butchered because it was too big for US post office, luckily though i bought one new from a guy in europe for a 100 bucks, i am lucky though and missed the chance to get a bbts one for 300 bucks for when they sold, but still

Man I?d of bought a second one from
Bbts if I?d known at the time-no matter how scuffed it was!

They’ll never make something this big again. A vehicle of this size couldn’t be made now a days. So I would never expect a rerelease.

And even if it did, I guarantee the MSRP would exceed $1000, easily.

Yeah it definitely would be over $1000. Isn't the iron studio's batmobile statue around $900 and there are no moving parts and its much smaller. I think the iron studio's batmobile is 1/10th scale.

Can we get a hands up from people on the boards that have one?

Creasy

In November only 2 popped up on eBay from an another French retailer that managed to get two more. I immediately ordered. 550 ?. And no shipping because he was at 20 miles from me. Sounds a bargain nowadays...

I don?t think a new release will be ever made. When Batman Returns came out, everyone thought a new version would be announced but they already put all the 89/92 features one the car. And now it seems evident that Hot Toys had completely abandoned this line. But if they ever do that, the car would be listed at 800-1000$ now...
That would of suck if you haven't scored one from ebay 20 miles away from you. This box is huge, you had a truck right? Imagine you showed up in a car lol

Wow, I never knew bbts had it for that cheap. I did buy the tumbler from bbts for I think under $300, but spoiler was damaged and they did mention it. I believe a bunch was inspected and sold for cheap because of the defect.

They?ll never make something this big again. A vehicle of this size couldn?t be made now a days. So I would never expect a rerelease.

And even if it did, I guarantee the MSRP would exceed $1000, easily.

Yeah it definitely would be over $1000. Isn't the iron studio's batmobile statue around $900 and there are no moving parts and its much smaller. I think the iron studio's batmobile is 1/10th scale.
True, I think If I missed out on the release, I most likely would pay $1k if Hot Toys released it again.
Can we get a hands up from people on the boards that have one?

Creasy

I've got 1!

Back