1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

LOL can you be more specific?

With the length obviously comes a bigger box and more packaging material. All of that adds to the shipping weight. Also since they are apparently still tweaking the car, the weight is an estimate based on the prototype (and the material used for the prototype). Final production weight may differ.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

With the length obviously comes a bigger box and more packaging material. All of that adds to the shipping weight. Also since they are apparently still tweaking the car, the weight is an estimate based on the prototype (and the material used for the prototype). Final production weight may differ.

Ok cool but do you know what material they are using to build this?

This is going to look amazing with 89' Batman on one side of the room and the Tumbler with Dx02 Batman on the other side of the room.... basement/media room:nana:

sucks this cant be the same price as the tumbler the tumbler actually looks harder to make but cost less.

Ok but that doesnt sound like it would be very heavy?

Do you have the Tumbler Batmobile? Holding it in your hands, it's weight feels about right for something of that size made of plastic, rubber and some metal (the rear axle), and according to Sideshow's order page that's 29 lbs.

Also according to Sideshow, the 1989 Batmobile is 32 lbs. It's not a ridiculous increase in weight considering it's length.

Last edited:

I ordered the tumbler and 89 batmobile couldnt pass up they are 2 of hot toys finest . It will be expensive as hell but you only live once.

I passed on the Tumbler because ThreeA released their Metal Gear REX figure, and I absolutely couldn't miss out on the pre-order. So unfortunately, I'll have to pick up the Tumbler next year. Hopefully, it's still available by then.

But, if I could only have one Batmobile, it would be the 89 one.

So who makes good acrylic cases for decent prices and are the specs for the vehicles on hot toys website the exact specs for both tumbler and batmobile cause iwrote them down .

So who makes good acrylic cases for decent prices and are the specs for the vehicles on hot toys website the exact specs for both tumbler and batmobile cause iwrote them down .

:exactly: I need some cases!!

I passed on the Tumbler because ThreeA released their Metal Gear REX figure, and I absolutely couldn't miss out on the pre-order. So unfortunately, I'll have to pick up the Tumbler next year. Hopefully, it's still available by then.

But, if I could only have one Batmobile, it would be the 89 one.

WOW!! someone actually ordered the metal gear spider thing for $500? that's amazing! :clap

Do you have the Tumbler Batmobile? Holding it in your hands, it's weight feels about right for something of that size made of plastic, rubber and some metal (the rear axle), and according to Sideshow's order page that's 29 lbs.

Also according to Sideshow, the 1989 Batmobile is 32 lbs. It's not a ridiculous increase in weight considering it's length.

I dont have the Tumbler and I am even surprised that the tumbler weighs that much. Arnt these just plastic toys? It has to be more than size, so where is the weight coming from?

WOW!! someone actually ordered the metal gear spider thing for $500? that's amazing! :clap

Most people did as it sold out completely on ThreeA's Bambaland store. Pathetic attempt at trolling there dude, try harder next time.

I dont have the Tumbler and I am even surprised that the tumbler weighs that much. Arnt these just plastic toys? It has to be more than size, so where is the weight coming from?

I actually think that the weight is due to the plastic, because Hot Toys is using a lot more material to make these models, than what you'd find in smaller conventional toys. Unless of course, they're also using a fair amount of metal? :dunno

Most people did as it sold out completely on ThreeA's Bambaland store. Pathetic attempt at trolling there dude, try harder next time.

well tell them to come to sideshowtoy.com then, plenty left since you are the only one who ordered that thing :)

I actually think that the weight is due to the plastic, because Hot Toys is using a lot more material to make these models, than what you'd find in smaller conventional toys. Unless of course, they're also using a fair amount of metal? :dunno

They must be using metal in some parts, what is the tumbler made out of? Since that also to is very heavy for a toy. It is like hot toys is taking the real Batmobile and shrinking it LOL!

They must be using metal in some parts, what is the tumbler made out of? Since that also to is very heavy for a toy. It is like hot toys is taking the real Batmobile and shrinking it LOL!

I took one of mine almost completely apart. Besides the screws and the wiring, which contribute very little to the weight, the only significant metal piece I found was the rear axle. This thing is overwhelmingly made of plastic and rubber.

Thats a fine metal gear collectible you ordered congrats.

I took one of mine almost completely apart. Besides the screws and the wiring, which contribute very little to the weight, the only significant metal piece I found was the rear axle. This thing is overwhelmingly made of plastic and rubber.

So it really is the rubber and plastic that causes it to weigh so much? Amazing!

Back