1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like BBTS finally sold out of the damaged ones. It may be hard to locate one now, I don't see them often in the sale section so eBay may be your only option.

amazon japan still has it listed brand new for $300. buuuuuut.....no idea what shipping would be. honestly, it would be just insane.

I got a mint one the other day. Fantastic piece with huge presense but it looks like it will be a dust magnet.

I purchased one of the so-called BBTS damaged ones, and there is not a scratch on it. It's perfect and I got it at the very discounted price. Praise God and thanks to my wife for allowing me to get it.

AFM

It really is an amazing piece. I originally traded an Iron Man VII battle damaged figure for it. It's always been my favorite movie car. Nothing else compares since it is unmistakable for who drives it.

Not sure if this has been posted in here.

dmzy47uibztpecyeluob.jpg

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

This has been the holy grail of my collection since June of last year. It's been displayed under its cocoon for space reasons but whenever I remove the shell check it out (every month or so) there's one thing that instantly distracts me about it: the windows/ canopy area. Compare how less accurate its windows look next to their original prototype's. The gap in the middle as well as the whole frame around the windows got too wide on the final production version it seems, which IMO slightly takes away from the vehicle's beastly character. I can't figure out why this was even changed, but if I had the skills to 3D scan, modify and print my own, I would.

Here's the prototype for comparison:
1521064tq9j8kd1q15nd6n.jpg

Hum... Well done i never noticied that difference on the canopy... Strange that they decided to change the prototype canopy wich seemed accurate. Like i never understood why they interverted the position of the left machine gun...:dunno

This is one of my holy grails and I'm happy to say that I own it. Sadly it'll be in storage for the foreseeable future. But one day....

Back