1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Batmobile today- I took the BBTS damaged discount.
The first thing I noticed was that the box didn't seem to be opened. It wasn't re-taped. To my delight I opened it and couldn't find any scratches or imperfections. Looks like I got a really good deal!!

hottoys091013002_zpsb220f833.jpg

Maybe I should try BBTS. Perhaps you got lucky and they sent you a new one instead of an opened one. Or they consider all the ones from a certain date have the potential of scratches...

I received my Batmobile today and I'm happy to say it arrived in perfect condition.
I absolutely love it, but it's too big for me to display it anywhere properly

DSC00233_zps731b45ca.jpg

Where did you order your Batmobile?

Hush you guys! He bought the batmobile first as couches don't go up in value anyway!

Some couches do go up. The original of that sofa in the movies and TV shows with the metal bars. I forget the designer's name right now. That's crazy expensive.

It would be funny if someone posted a pic of the Batmobile in their garage and next to it their car was all damaged and stuff...

But I bet non scratched versions of the 89 Batmobile will go for a lot when it sells out.

Thanks mate I appreciate the advice, and I agree the basics are more important.

But at the moment I'm 24 years old with no kids and I'll be leaving soon to travel Europe with my gf for 12 months.
No point in me spending big money on anything until I get back and buy a place for myself.

When you put it that way.. U are spot on. I was worried as in the pic i did see some kids play area and also a dog / pet bed on the corner so thought, you are married with kids. Once again, we all or at least i dont have way classy furniture but at the age of 35 i would definitely buy a couch before a toy :) ... Way back in 24 i dint even have a couch. So you did good there! In fact i need to control myself. I crossed my line this year and hence had to put a break on the batmobile!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When you put it that way.. U are spot on. I was worried as in the pic i did see some kids play area and also a dog / pet bed on the corner so thought, you are married with kids. Once again, we all or at least i dont have way classy furniture but at the age of 35 i would definitely buy a couch before a toy :) ... Way back in 24 i dint even have a couch. So you did good there! In fact i need to control myself. I crossed my line this year and hence had to put a break on the batmobile!

:lol Nah thats all my cats toys, we spoil him.

But you should definitely consider getting the batmobile some day. I like it more then most of my statue collection.

:lol Nah thats all my cats toys, we spoil him.

But you should definitely consider getting the batmobile some day. I like it more then most of my statue collection.

I know man, i have the funds to buy it, but at 700 dollars and at that size i dont think i would like to explore with it. Even if i buy it i will be keeping it boxed up and with so many things boxed up for me at this stage it does not make sense. I bought about 12 figures this year and already have 4 preorders for next year. So am calling it quits on this one :) ... If HT had that kewl looking stand etc with this like that custom one posted above by someone i would see a lot more value in it... I may buy the 66 one though, lets see.

I know man, i have the funds to buy it, but at 700 dollars and at that size i dont think i would like to explore with it. Even if i buy it i will be keeping it boxed up and with so many things boxed up for me at this stage it does not make sense. I bought about 12 figures this year and already have 4 preorders for next year. So am calling it quits on this one :) ... If HT had that kewl looking stand etc with this like that custom one posted above by someone i would see a lot more value in it... I may buy the 66 one though, lets see.

I guess it depends on which one you prefer more, I loved the 89 batman growing up, so this is a must have for me.
The 66 will be awesome as well.

The only bad thing is how much room these vehicles take up.
Unfortunately I'll have to keep my batmobile boxed up untill I move into a bigger place where it can be displayed properly.

My main issue now, with mine, is where to put it? It's turning into a mild case of buyers remorse. Not that I'm unhappy with the vehicle- it's excellent.

I guess it depends on which one you prefer more, I loved the 89 batman growing up, so this is a must have for me.
The 66 will be awesome as well.

The only bad thing is how much room these vehicles take up.
Unfortunately I'll have to keep my batmobile boxed up untill I move into a bigger place where it can be displayed properly.

Good point, but sometimes i tend to look at my collection from where i want to take it - perspective. Have some good harley 1/6 bikes and I feel somewhere in that the 66 would fit in great. It just was like way too kewl! ... So i am letting go of what i like as a movie to what car i wanna see in my collection. See 10 yrs down we will all approach a huge collection, and unless we sell much we wont be able to display all. Hence i am being very selective on - what i want vs what i cant live without. I indulge a bit more on figures as i can keep v2.0 as and when they come right next to each othe to show progress change etc. but with cars they just take too much space. I had let go of the tumblers for the same reason. Living in california i just dont have the luxory for displaying cars or stocking them in boxes.

Just because the price will be higher in a few months time doesn't mean it isn't too high to begin with :lol

Yeah. Batmobile's just starting to get shipped in our country and already some resellers are offering this for $900 lowest price, taking advantage of the increasing demand from new collectors who missed out on PO.

Just because the price will be higher in a few months time doesn't mean it isn't too high to begin with :lol
Ain't that the truth! I'm so glad I have this but my advice to anyone who doesn't already have it: if you can't get it for around $600 shipped just don't get it.

Aha... Now that my friend is a wise statement. Anything above 350 / 400 i look at it as if do or die :) ... 600 plus is steep for me. Especially cause i have to still catch up on a few figures that i like.

Also, people must understand its ok to pay 50 pct more for that one thing you like rather than collect and box up 10 things that you may not want to display just cause they are being sold at retail. Just my views.

The price is high. In fact, the new price range of HTs at 250 is pushing me out of the hobby. But there are certain special pieces that I am buying if it fits the price range I've capped it at. I put my price at 550 and when it was offered at 565, it was a no brainer for me. Now, I have a dream of seeing 3 iconic batman figures with their respective batmobiles in my collection;The West Batman, Keaton Batman, and the Bale Batman.

Yeah. Batmobile's just starting to get shipped in our country and already some resellers are offering this for $900 lowest price, taking advantage of the increasing demand from new collectors who missed out on PO.

This is the reason I got this. I know when it sells out i would change my mind and want it and would cost me a lot more. So pre ordered it at retail. If I change my mind and don't want it I can allways sell it. If not i get this amazing piece and don't have to sell my kidneys for it lol

Exactly- give it six months from now and $1000 for one of these will be the norm.....

That's what scares me the most. I never pre-order. I always wait. But waiting makes me pay more. I only have the Hot Toys Keaton Batman and I paid more debating that one. I'm still debating the 1/4 Dark Knight...

I remember being young and the $100 (I think) price of the G.I. Joe aircraft carrier being too much. The size was crazy as well. I'm sure the box of the Batmobile is bigger than the aircraft carrier from all these pictures. In the one youtube review a girl fits inside the box!

Ain't that the truth! I'm so glad I have this but my advice to anyone who doesn't already have it: if you can't get it for around $600 shipped just don't get it.

Was it ever available for $600 shipped? I remember the price of shipping was always one of those wait and see things.

Its still for 771 or around with shipping and tax. Plus remember its still slow moving. Most items are usually sold out much before they arrive. Most in demand items. As for future price, yes there are figures on ebay for 1700 usd, but no one is buying them. Also, if ever a 2.0 releases you can say good buy to the high prices.

Having said all of above, i feel if someone is passionate about this and loves and wants it, they can sacrifice a couple of figures and buy it. For me the work on a head sculpt is far more imp than a huge plastic car, so i dont sacrifice on a figure that i want ever! As for the batmobile i can always buy it in any other scale, if i ever wish to display. This size just does not fit my collection style or scale. If u had a big house with a drive through may be yes ;) ... I cant keep so many things boxed up at least now. I did buy the batpod but let go of tumbler etc.

Was it ever available for $600 shipped? I remember the price of shipping was always one of those wait and see things.

Iirc AE had the BM at $580 PO price and only charged $45 shipping to honor the initial PO.

I got mines at BBTS for a total of $664 shipped. Though they gave me $100 credit for a slight rub mark which was more than generous of them.

Back