1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

The first part of that video made me think of bruce wayne having a bad day at the golf course and going on a road rage:rotfl

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

All the Tumbler did was fly (on rooftops). The best thing to come out of the Tumbler was, well, the Batpod. It literally came out of it! :lol

It's ugly, looks like some kind of beetle (the Batman Forever Batmobile looked like an H.R. Giger reject, Cricket) with big, black, metal tumors/panels. It's all about being big, military and tank like but ironically, the '89 Batmobile is larger than it!

Yo Tumbler, imma really happy for you and imma let you finish, but the '89 Batmobile is the best Batmobile of all time! OF ALL TIME!

As I said, I agree. I love everything about the 89 Batmobile, it is gorgeous from a design perspective. I was just stating that, in regards to the product, it's unfair to fault the Tumbler (again, as a product) for a lack of features, when its source material didn't have much to begin with. Awww, who gives a crap, anyway? I'm getting both!:rock

You're ____ed if Sideshow makes PF versions of '89 Batman and Joker or Hot Toys announces 1/4 versions of them. :lol

Not really :nana: the only reason I'm getting these Hot Toys is because it's the best and pretty much only decent representation of Batman, Joker...

But I'd be all over PF, Actually I'd much prefer a statue/maquette line since I prefer 1:6 to 1:4

I'm going to buy both, but if I have to choose only one, 89 Batmobile will be my answer....

Now, I hope HT confirms the 89 Batwing :yess:

God I hope they do it.:pray: It's the only line I'm going to get from HT but I do hope I can get the 4th main piece of the puzzle

I just feel like the car in any normal driving condition would scrape its bottom on the road constantly. :(

i will wait for Tumbler in hand first which i ordered:yess:....... then i will think abt it :impatient:

Last edited:

423997_507354516189_86800098_30105828_175853519_n.jpg

That looks great!

I still think the CM has a more accurate body design than HT.

Paint, price and size turned me off, but if I had the money a custom painted CM would be the way to go.

To date, the 1:18 HW Batmobile is the best. I wish HT would have just scaled that up to 1:6.

Pic by Balsquat:

^^^ Perfection.

Last edited:

Thank you for posting that video very much appreciated.

Thanks for video!

This waiting is gonna kill me...

I am not losing $2000 either man.
I don't feel like I just got screwed by anyone.
HT can bring out theirs and Toynami/CM can bring out theirs.
If the quality is there, i will pick it up.
I'm a major Batman fan, so money spent on quality Batman stuff no matter what the price tag is attached to it is never a loss situation to me.

More Batman stuff for me to buy, the better.

Your re-paint looks great. If you do get the Hot Toys one as well, please post the Toynami one side by side with the HT one as it would be nice to compare.

I am not losing $2000 either man.
I don't feel like I just got screwed by anyone.
HT can bring out theirs and Toynami/CM can bring out theirs.
If the quality is there, i will pick it up.
I'm a major Batman fan, so money spent on quality Batman stuff no matter what the price tag is attached to it is never a loss situation to me.

More Batman stuff for me to buy, the better.

You know I actually agree with you. The more the merrier. Unfortunately I would not only have to afford both Batmobiles...but also the immenent divorce that would follow. :slap

REALLY happy to hear this is under $800 (which was my self-imposed ceiling). If it were any pricier, I might have to steal it...

[ame]https://youtu.be/mMqgkTVzlmQ[/ame]

Sallah

That looks great!

I still think the CM has a more accurate body design than HT.

Paint, price and size turned me off, but if I had the money a custom painted CM would be the way to go.

To date, the 1:18 HW Batmobile is the best. I wish HT would have just scaled that up to 1:6.

Pic by Balsquat:

^^^ Perfection.

You mean this one :rock

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

I just feel like the car in any normal driving condition would scrape its bottom on the road constantly. :(

:lecture Cool as the 89mobile is the Tumbler makes far more sense as a crimefighter's vehicle. The 89 must surely have problems with hills and....heck even kerbs! We love it though. Its certainly preferable to the Forever and B&R ones.

Tru dat, 89 car can't even take turns w/o the help from hook cables. :lol

Tumbler was the right idea by WB.

But 89 car is the batmobile.

You know I actually agree with you. The more the merrier. Unfortunately I would not only have to afford both Batmobiles...but also the immenent divorce that would follow. :slap

Well, I guess I do understand how that would suck if that happens.

Luckily enough that my wife understands how much I've gone through in life and Batman is a very personal matter to me or even my hobby. So really she doesn't care how much I spend on my collections.

Money spend on good things like collections are good. At least you are not spending money on drugs or anything like that. That's how spouses should see it.

And also, if you make the money, you worked for what you earned you can spend as much as you want on your collection. You have the full rights to do so. That's how I see it.

Tru dat, 89 car can't even take turns w/o the help from hook cables. :lol

Tumbler was the right idea by WB.

But 89 car is the batmobile.

I think "the batmobile", if we're talking about a modern context, would be one that incorporated both the aesthetics the 89' Batmobile as well as the Tumbler. Having the versatility and raw power of the Tumbler and the sleek, sexiness of the 89' would be a perfect combination in my opinion.

I haven't seen a single Batmobile like that, but the Batmobile from Detective Comics #1 (from the New 52) comes kinda close.

https://www.batmobilehistory.com/2011-detective-01-batmobile.php

But, then again, there are about several hundred Batmobile concepts in existence :lol.

:lecture Cool as the 89mobile is the Tumbler makes far more sense as a crimefighter's vehicle. The 89 must surely have problems with hills and....heck even kerbs! We love it though. Its certainly preferable to the Forever and B&R ones.

:exactly:

I like the Anton Batmobile and the Tumbler and I would like HT to make the Forever one too but just not the B&R version which is plain stupid!

/\ that looks too much like it belongs in Speed Racer. :lol

I get what you're saying though, but I really love both 89 and Tumbler.

The Tumbler is a great BM, it's a beast of a performer. :rock

89 is a beast of a looker. :rock

Both are perfect for their movies.

Back