1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked the Manager Mike @ BBTS if they could place a foam sheet between the Cocoon and the Batmobile, he told me no because that foam could cause more damage. I just dont understand that response. I mean if they are taking the time to QC it, then they should be placing a thin layer of foam for us.

Opening it to inspect it on your behalf is one thing...

Altering the package in any way beyond the manner it came to them from their supplier makes it a liability issue.
They do as you ask and you're unhappy with the final product? THEY have to eat the entire cost of refund since Hot Toys won't do anything for them because that's not how it left China.

Or just a thick sheet of plastic...

I am now putting baby clothes from my kids as cushion. Mine will be staying in the box in the foreseeable future and I hate to scratch it up even more that it already is. If they had one large piece of foam as the base instead of 3 separate pieces, that may reduce the chance of upward movement. I'm no engineer either but the packaging's bottom mid section appears to be where trouble begins.

Opening it to inspect it on your behalf is one thing...

Altering the package in any way beyond the manner it came to them from their supplier makes it a liability issue.
They do as you ask and you're unhappy with the final product? THEY have to eat the entire cost of refund since Hot Toys won't do anything for them because that's not how it left China.

I was just charged for mine today around 700.00 so all I'm saying is they are offering to open and inspect. While they are in there they can place a thin sheet of foam. None of these companies are telling us how the damage is occurring all of us are speculating. Up till this point this situation didnt affect me personally but now that I have paid 700 I'm worried until it gets to my house. If you actually bought one then you would feel the same way as me

I was just charged for mine today around 700.00 so all I'm saying is they are offering to open and inspect. While they are in there they can place a thin sheet of foam. None of these companies are telling us how the damage is occurring all of us are speculating. Up till this point this situation didnt affect me personally but now that I have paid 700 I'm worried until it gets to my house. If you actually bought one then you would feel the same way as me

:lol

I'd urge you to go back and look at post #6801 in this very thread.

And "all I'm saying is", from the perspective of a former comic store owner who's dealt with issues exactly like this on numerous occasions, I know what I'm talking about.
I valued my customers but if they ever asked me to do something 'above and beyond' that'd risk my ability to get a refund from my distributor??

File that under "not gonna happen".

Sell them as "scratch & dents" at reduced prices or ship them back to Hot Toys and they'll get refurbished and sold as "Batman Returns version."

:lecture:exactly: The only way I would keep it after paying $750 is if they gave a full refund. This thing is a masterpiece and should be perfect. If your car is totalled by the insurance company they insure you for the value. Since body work and replacement parts is not an option on these for scratches and glue stains you are pretty much out the value. Good luck reselling it on ebay with the damages at significantly depreciative value. Those that have a mint undamaged car are going to be able to get 3-4 times what they paid for theirs. In other words, 1 in 2 Batmobiles will be damaged. Those are terrible odds.

Once these have been out of production for a while, even the damaged ones will go for significantly more than retail on the secondary market. Anyone with the will to go through the process of selling it who has some patience will probably make their money back, and more, if they time it right and price it carefully.

:lol

I'd urge you to go back and look at post #6801 in this very thread.

And "all I'm saying is", from the perspective of a former comic store owner who's dealt with issues exactly like this on numerous occasions, I know what I'm talking about.
I valued my customers but if they ever asked me to do something 'above and beyond' that'd risk my ability to get a refund from my distributor??

File that under "not gonna happen".

I just read your post. It is great you were able to get it from a local distributor and inspect it yourself. Its also great that you received a Perfect flawless Batmobile. What I'm saying is BBTS is offering an inspection service. They are taking the liability by offering this service to open and inspect. In either case if my box gets mangled due to UPS handling and UPS is to blame that is ok with me. I'm sure BBTS will be able to file a claim.
My take on this is I'm paying for a Masterpiece whether it gets damaged by the boat ride to the States, or damaged by UPS it doesn't matter to me. The end result for me is to get a PERFECT unscathed Batmobile which is what I'm paying 700.00 for.

I just read your post. It is great you were able to get it from a local distributor and inspect it yourself. Its also great that you received a Perfect flawless Batmobile. What I'm saying is BBTS is offering an inspection service. They are taking the liability by offering this service to open and inspect. In either case if my box gets mangled due to UPS handling and UPS is to blame that is ok with me. I'm sure BBTS will be able to file a claim.
My take on this is I'm paying for a Masterpiece whether it gets damaged by the boat ride to the States, or damaged by UPS it doesn't matter to me. The end result for me is to get a PERFECT unscathed Batmobile which is what I'm paying 700.00 for.

:clap:goodpost::lecture

My second one from CSC will be here Friday. They inspected it and it was flawless. Now just holding my breath UPS doesn't damage it.

It was worth my time, patience, and troubles to box up the damaged one and ship it back to Sideshow and the confidence of knowing that I could secure another one elsewhere that was inspected carefully for defects before shipping. I would not be satisfied with anything less and having to settle for some credit or partial refund of $75 or $150 would not be enough especially when I have to live with knowing that the damages are always there. I paid full price for this then the quality should be there. I think too many people are easily satisfied with letting these companies continue getting away with substandard quality and astronomically rising prices. If they want to keep raising the prices on the goods they sell, I'm going to scrutinize the quality even more and the slightest blemish it gets sent back. You want to charge an arm and a leg, you had better deliver a flawless product or it's getting returned. It's that simple.

is BBTS shipping these out now?? anyone get a trackn #?

I got my order marked as Shipped from BBTS yesterday, and I have a tracking number from UPS but despite getting that e-mail yesterday my tracking still says

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

when I check it on the UPS website....so I just don't know :/

I just hope when they say inspect, it just isn't, oh there are scratches and then packages it all up and sends it any way. I ordered from BBTS and asked them to inspect them but until we start seeing good one's pop up from BBTS I'm hesitant. Personally I think this whole thing is BS not so much because of some damage but because of the level of damage and SS continues to just take the screw you path and move on.

I got my order marked as Shipped from BBTS yesterday, and I have a tracking number from UPS but despite getting that e-mail yesterday my tracking still says

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

did they email you that the batmobile should be damage free?

Give it another day....

did they email you that the batmobile should be damage free?

They e-mailed me telling me they would check it, but they didn't send me a special e-mail saying they are sending me a damage free one or anything, just the standard shipping notice. There was never any kind of "Your Batmobile inspection was completed and it has zero damage" message or anything.

Give it another day....

I'm not freaking out or messaging BBTS's customer service or anything yet, just letting people know that it has been marked as shipped but as of now it doesn't say that it has actually gone anywhere yet :)

EDIT: My shipping actually JUST updated, says it should be in end of day Friday....the wait will be......fun >_O

Last edited:
They e-mailed me telling me they would check it, but they didn't send me a special e-mail saying they are sending me a damage free one or anything, just the standard shipping notice. There was never any kind of "Your Batmobile inspection was completed and it has zero damage" message or anything.

Too bad. That's the e-mail I got from CSC. :yess:

Same here dude. I'll contact them tomorrow if UPS doesn't update.

I just hope when they say inspect, it just isn't, oh there are scratches and then packages it all up and sends it any way. I ordered from BBTS and asked them to inspect them but until we start seeing good one's pop up from BBTS I'm hesitant. Personally I think this whole thing is BS not so much because of some damage but because of the level of damage and SS continues to just take the screw you path and move on.

We shouldn't feel like we owe anybody anything. I spent time in constructing a nice email pointing out the areas to check based upon feedback from other members that have received theirs damaged. 3 emails between myself and Mike who is a manager of customer support. Very nice conversation but he flat out told me they can't place a thin sheet of foam or plastic in between the Cocoon shield and the Batmobile itself. I feel if they are taken time to open and remove the Shield that before placing it back on can place a thin piece of plastic. I stressed to him that placing the Cocoon back on the Batmobile is very important and maybe harder to align then actual removing it.

You would think that before they ship they would email you saying your Batmobile has been inspected and being prepared to ship. I guess for all those that is getting an inspection it will be inferred that you will receive a perfect model. Only time will tell. This is kind of like sausage , we all eat it, but don't want to see how it's made. There is no way I would want to strap a GoPro camera to my shipping box and see the journey to my house.
.......... OR maybe that would be a cool documentary . "The journey of my Batmobile".

[ame]https://youtu.be/HtRMO7Rdeos[/ame]
[ame]https://youtu.be/lM3SRG7D21Y[/ame]

Back