1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toothpaste sometimes is very abrasive on some materiales, and do more scratches.
There is a nice product, called "Novus", I have used it to remove scratches on acrilic cases...
I don't know if this will work on the batmobile, but i think it's better than toothpaste

Ah... I didn't know that... So nobody use my toothpaste idea! I shall not be the cause of worse scratches! :lol

Ya know... we might have some of that acrylic scratch repair stuff here at my work... But again- I am really scared to try it as I might make it worse. If we have any, and somebody else wants to give it a go on one marked for return, I would send it to them. :)

Hey Sallah me and my GF watched your review on youtube. My GF said that you have the cutest review of the batmobile on youtube! Is that your son in the video?

Hey thanks man (and thanks to your girlfriend!)... Yup, that is my oldest son Blaze throughout the video (and my younger son Keaton in a couple of shots). We do reviews of all the stuff we collect on our youtube channel: youtube.com/motuclassics

Sallah

I think I need to become a Pimp or Drug Dealer or something to afford this stuff like you all do.

:pfft:

I used the polishing cloth that came with the 1:4 scale Endo & rubbed the crap out of my scuff/scratch....it seemed to buff it out a little, but mine is admittedly not as deep or severe as others I've seen posted.

Then again, it could just be a placebo type bit of wishful thinking on my part. :cuckoo: :dunno

Guys this appears to be a semi gloss clear over black plastic. Be aware that if you attempt to polish out a scratch (which is possible) then you will be left with a shiny spot that will probably be more noticeable than the scratch. The only alternative after that is to re-clearcoat.

Guys this appears to be a semi gloss clear over black plastic. Be aware that if you attempt to polish out a scratch (which is possible) then you will be left with a shiny spot that will probably be more noticeable than the scratch. The only alternative after that is to re-clearcoat.

you think it can be respray with a semi gloss clear over it?

you think it can be respray with a semi gloss clear over it?
I advise that you don't spray anything on it unless if you're professional at painting. The scuff itself has already taken off this "matte" coat over the black paint revealing the white under it all. You would have to spray the right amount of layers so that it is leveled with the rest of the vehicle. If you don't, it'll appear raised in that area.

My advise would be to use some type of cloth or material to mask the white scuff with the black paint around it. It won't be perfect but you won't see the white scuff and will blend in more.

Yup, this is 100% painted, greyish black vinyl paint over black plastic. I know because some extra paint residue came off the bottom, inside edge of mine, the reason the scratches are pale/white is that they have cut into the surface of the plastic. That's what happens black plastic when it's scratched. So a polish or paint job will not work.

Me: Yes, please inspect my Batmobile before shipping. I am very nervous about receiving a damaged item. I have read in fan forums about the most common damage being scuff marks on the roof near the canopy. The consensus seems to be that there is not enough foam between the cocoon shield and the vehicle. Will you be adding any additional foam or protection before shipping these out to customers?

BBTS:Thank you for the notice and we will be inspecting the unit for blemishes but cannot add any material due to the custom fit foam inserts. The cocoon also has foam padding that is designed so that it does not scratch the vehicle itself. After reviewing several Batmobile's we believe the damaged units appearing online were already like that before they shipped from the manufacturer.

--
Sincerely,

Mike
Customer Relations Manager
www.Bigbadtoystore.com
321 SMC Dr. | Somerset, WI 54025

I hope they find me a good one, and it doesn't get f'd up in shipment.

BBTS always will look out for their customers! They have A+ service out of all the online retailers. They are one of the best if not the best on customers service.

Agree 100% hands down! Any problem I've had on orders and they are right on it. I believe they and Amazon are examples of what customer service really should be for online commerce, period!

:exactly:

Max Power

I finally opened up mine. Amazing toy! Absolutely no damage at all. I did however, buy it from my local dealer who picks them up in person from Sideshow, hence no possible damage from shipping providers.

Sideshow customer service is dragging their feet like crazy on this... A week to reply to the damage report with the standard form letter credit/ refund offer. I replied to that... Not a word back in 2 days. Checked in with the chat, and I'm told EACH new response from returns will take 3-5 days. Per response.

That, to me, is ludicrous. I work in mail order. Expecting somebody to wait 3-5 days in the first place for any kind of response on a damaged product is unacceptable for us... Saying they then have to wait 3-5 days every time they want a question on top of that answered? Unheard of.

Sallah

Hi guys, can you give me exact dimensions of this beast, just length and width, thanks!
I think my questions has been lost in all of this scratch talk .. Anyways, if you could please let me know the exact dimensions for length and width, that would be appricated .. HT's says its approx 39" long 16" wide.

I am looking at getting a side table to put thing thing on .. need to know if it will fit.

I think my questions has been lost in all of this scratch talk .. Anyways, if you could please let me know the exact dimensions for length and width, that would be appricated .. HT's says its approx 39" long 16" wide.

I am looking at getting a side table to put thing thing on .. need to know if it will fit.

Approximately 39” L x 16” W x 9” H

Back