1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final flex on the 20th with the added $96(!) of S/H.
Why so expensive???? Is it triple the size and weight of the tumbler?

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Argh... After seeing so many figures lately going to flex customers first, I switched my order over to flex, thinking it might get me this sooner. Now I am stuck waiting until the end of the month for my final payment to go through. :(

Makes me wish Sideshow would decide on a policy of flex or regular shipping first and stick to it, or that they would process orders in the sequence they received them (since I have had this on order since February 2012).

Oh well... Guess its only another 2 weeks extra.

Sallah

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Anyone find it weird that SS is getting this in 2 weeks when it hasn't been revealed in HK yet? Usually it's 3 weeks to a month after we see blog pictures of something but we haven't seen anything yet.

Got my processing email and I got charged $98 from Cali to NY. How are they estimating shipping? I see some people getting charged more.

This thing must come with a Bat Pod for that kind of shipping cost.

Argh... After seeing so many figures lately going to flex customers first, I switched my order over to flex, thinking it might get me this sooner. Now I am stuck waiting until the end of the month for my final payment to go through. :(

Makes me wish Sideshow would decide on a policy of flex or regular shipping first and stick to it, or that they would process orders in the sequence they received them (since I have had this on order since February 2012).

Oh well... Guess its only another 2 weeks extra.

Sallah

Hohohoho, Sallah it's only 2 weeks more... Think about the years of waiting to watch Batman 89 that your son have to wait....that is a torture not 2 weeks more!!!!

Advantage Batmobile. You're assuming double the value for Mark VII BD just to bring it even with Batmobile at retail. If judged by an investment standpoint then there's more room to grow with Batmobile. Plus it's massive and would run over Iron Man in a showdown :dance

:lol Good answer. I'm just basing the BD price on the current eBay auctions which I'm sure are still pretty inflated. But they range from around $500-700. If I could get that for the IM it would make financing this beast (and calming the wife) a little easier. :panic: Just gotta make room. I've already got the regular Mark VII and I'm so impressed with it I'd be open to selling the BD version especially if I can get this. Decisions decisions...

Hohohoho, Sallah it's only 2 weeks more... Think about the years of waiting to watch Batman 89 that your son have to wait....that is a torture not 2 weeks more!!!!

Ha! Good point... :)

It isn't really the wait that stinks... It is more a frustration with how Sideshow flip-flops on which orders go out first, and thus frustration with myself for backing the wrong horse.

Sallah

:lol Good answer. I'm just basing the BD price on the current eBay auctions which I'm sure are still pretty inflated. But they range from around $500-700. If I could get that for the IM it would make financing this beast (and calming the wife) a little easier. :panic: Just gotta make room. I've already got the regular Mark VII and I'm so impressed with it I'd be open to selling the BD version especially if I can get this. Decisions decisions...

Sounds like a personal preference decision. If it were me I'd sell the BD Mark VII and get the Batmobile.

Did the shipping estimation, and it's $99.66 just to go from California to Seattle. The only good thing is no sales tax

Forgot to add, that's based off SSC, though I ordered mine from BBTS..

Last edited:

108$ to Germany.

So this will end up at about 677€/877$ after tax :duh

Yes...ssc charged me $100+ and im an hour from them...

July is so bad for me I might consider actually using my credit card...

I live 20 min from them. Last flex payment is $212

Anyone find it weird that SS is getting this in 2 weeks when it hasn't been revealed in HK yet? Usually it's 3 weeks to a month after we see blog pictures of something but we haven't seen anything yet.

SS got the Tumbler same time as HK as well I think?

I really didn't expect shipping to be this high. I wish Sideshow had made the shipping another flex payment or instead of postponing my last payment, had charged it the month previous. I don't know how I'm going to come up with the money to cover shipping on top of my last flex payment this month.

The display base that comes with this must be the reason for the high shipping cost . It must be very heavy/sturdy . That's good for you guys but bad for shipping . Remember the tumbler did not come with a display base . Congrats to everyone getting this monster . I wish I had the room.

The display base that comes with this must be the reason for the high shipping cost . It must be very heavy/sturdy . That's good for you guys but bad for shipping . Remember the tumbler did not come with a display base . Congrats to everyone getting this monster . I wish I had the room.

I didn't know this had a display base. I must have missed that. Is there a pic somewhere?

I really didn't expect shipping to be this high. I wish Sideshow had made the shipping another flex payment or instead of postponing my last payment, had charged it the month previous. I don't know how I'm going to come up with the money to cover shipping on top of my last flex payment this month.

i'm in the same boat. With shipping my last Flexpay is now $200. I wish they would have charged us last month or add another one if you want it.

I didn't know this had a display base. I must have missed that. Is there a pic somewhere?

Stand.jpg

I checked it out again on SS's Page . Read the summery about the product . It says that it comes with a display base . You'll probably be able to spin the whole thing which would be awesome ! Lolol wow

That's not a base. That is the hydraulic jack the Batmobile deploys to make a 180 degree pivot in Batman Returns.

Oh yes this. Thanks! I was thinking something you set it on. :slap This is quite cool. I'd probably just drape some black cloth over the shipping box and set it on that if it'd hold.

Back