Premium Format Batgirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but I'm very serious. I stop comics since the artwork went down the drain after the image team left. But I did buy a few comics on the jim lee justice league and batman. I didn't see any McFarlane, Rob liefeld, campell, silvestri only on a couple of hulk comics, and jim lee missing in action. So everything new that happens in comics I only learn now from all the animated cartoons that gets release. That's how I learn about the planet hulk, and justice league new team up based on the jim lee series, flash point, the batman escape from prison story, son of batman, etc. so whatever birds of prey is will be bound to be a DC animated cartoon one day. I will learn it sooner or later for sure. I keep hearing this character or team. I will look into this soon when I get more time. I'm sure I most likely won't like these new comics anyways unless it's something created by the image masters from the 90s.

Yes true. I wished I had time and patience to read them. It's just hard looking at so many words. Really it hurts my eyes. But I do buy comics in the past to enjoy the great artwork. I can tell the story by the artwork anyways. Lol btw I hope YouTube has all the comic story lines there. A great member here gave me a link to the one on spider woman and the skull queen. It's the future of comics where there's a narrator that reads the entire story for the viewer. That I might be about to do. If they can have the same for all story line then we will be all set.
As for. The BG PF Im sure we will see arepaint for this. I wonder if it will be the classic blue. This one is already dark blue or black. I know it will happen! But it would be so much better to get a new sculpt instead of all these repaints. If ss does do the blue repaint please change the head or some parts on it.

By the time you "left" comics, I would assume you left it when the next-generation of artists and writers came after the Image founders -- comics has become more diverse both in story and art. Lots of good, well-written super-hero and non-superhero stories out there post-Image Revolution; so good that it's like the complete opposite of the 90s when comics were bought for the art. If you haven't read JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice, try it. It's one of my favorites from the 2000s era. As for the Image guys, I would assume you might have already read Batman:Hush by Jim Lee (written by Jeph Loeb). Marc Silvestri's drawn a book written by Mark Waid called Hunter-Killer and I'm sure you'd like both the art and story :)

Now you've opened yourself up lol. I want one!

jpulisig1_by_jsimonart-d8e9fyq.jpg

BTW, Batgirl's look in the comics has recently updated to this:
51XTY8gvX+L.jpg
I can't say I care for the stories much. Gail Simone's run was better. Although there is quite a nice B&W of it coming out later this year:
GJ_BBampWS_B3_zps58a785b4.jpg

Don't see us dudes complaining about superman and batman being fit as hell... Get over it feminist. Every superhero should represent the ideal qualities the opposite sex is attracted to...

Big boobs. So what. Any of you ladies picture batman or superman with tiny dicks? Didn't think so.

Don't see us dudes complaining about superman and batman being fit as hell... Get over it feminist. Every superhero should represent the ideal qualities the opposite sex is attracted to...

Big boobs. So what. Any of you ladies picture batman or superman with tiny dicks? Didn't think so.

Lol I totally agree. As Rob liefeld It's always so strange how the focus is always saying the women is too sexy and not real. But no one complains about the super big muscle head men. Thier chest and arms are so massive that it makes thier heads look tiny. Besides its comics. They need to push proportions to the extreme!

BTW, Batgirl's look in the comics has recently updated to this:
View attachment 159427
I can't say I care for the stories much. Gail Simone's run was better. Although there is quite a nice B&W of it coming out later this year:
View attachment 159428
Wow looks like she's a 13 year old lol. I prefer the more comic skin tight costume instead of the real life people in costume type of costume.

By the time you "left" comics, I would assume you left it when the next-generation of artists and writers came after the Image founders -- comics has become more diverse both in story and art. Lots of good, well-written super-hero and non-superhero stories out there post-Image Revolution; so good that it's like the complete opposite of the 90s when comics were bought for the art. If you haven't read JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice, try it. It's one of my favorites from the 2000s era. As for the Image guys, I would assume you might have already read Batman:Hush by Jim Lee (written by Jeph Loeb). Marc Silvestri's drawn a book written by Mark Waid called Hunter-Killer and I'm sure you'd like both the art and story :)

Thanks bro. Great info, I did see the david finch planet and ww hulk TPB at a lcs. The art was what pulled me to flip through the book. He was one of the image guys way back starting out. After seeing all these real life style artwork for so long. Now I appreciate the good old comics much more. I'm talking about the classic art from the 70s to the 80s. The art may not be the best but the story telling and how full each panel looked was amazing! Now it's like pin up pages. I mean like those old gi joe comics, Star Wars, Conan, Spider-Man, suoerman etc. all had so much art to look at. Now it's just fun to see those older jam pack panels.

...uh where did that come from

:rotfl :goodpost:

Good point I guess :duff

It is a good point. I'm always hearing complaints of the depiction of women in comics. The men are mostly flawlessly chiseled body builders, yet no onc complains about that. Not that I've heard, at least. Don't see too many superheroes that are scrawny, short, overweight or pimple-faced. Even characters that have superpowers that aren't physically based.

It is a good point. I'm always hearing complaints of the depiction of women in comics. The men are mostly flawlessly chiseled body builders, yet no onc complains about that. Not that I've heard, at least. Don't see too many superheroes that are scrawny, short, overweight or pimple-faced. Even characters that have superpowers that aren't physically based.

Honestly, I think its because this country has gotten soft. Everyone is so afraid to stand up to whiners and just say Shut the F up. Ive said countless times, make anew character, don't change to the traditional.
I work in a municipal govt, we hired a guy that got offended by EVERYTHING. Well we were told to change our (males and females) ways (which not only wasn't offensive, it wasn't to anyone but him). I was like WTF, why do I need to tone it down in "my house", why doesn't he man up. Why is change only one way?!

Why? Because admin wants the problem to go away, so they ask the stronger personalities to change because they'll take one for the team so to speak. Instead of creating conflict by telling the whiners to "go away". No backbone and lazy.

This has permeated into everything from comics to major lawsuits, just make the whiners go away, strip the others of their pursuit for happiness.

Honestly, I think its because this country has gotten soft. Everyone is so afraid to stand up to whiners and just say Shut the F up. Ive said countless times, make anew character, don't change to the traditional.
I work in a municipal govt, we hired a guy that got offended by EVERYTHING. Well we were told to change our (males and females) ways (which not only wasn't offensive, it wasn't to anyone but him). I was like WTF, why do I need to tone it down in "my house", why doesn't he man up. Why is change only one way?!

Why? Because admin wants the problem to go away, so they ask the stronger personalities to change because they'll take one for the team so to speak. Instead of creating conflict by telling the whiners to "go away". No backbone and lazy.

This has permeated into everything from comics to major lawsuits, just make the whiners go away, strip the others of their pursuit for happiness.

I agree, I think in many ways we're getting soft. So afraid to hurt anyones feelings.

^ So true!

You guys crack me up. While I agree that you can't change everything just because some people tend to whine about things. You also have to admit that the way Women have been depicted in comics over the years isn't exactly the greatest achievement of the industry. While you can say that the men are all chiseled so are the women, however why is it that 99% of them also have gravity defying breasts? And why is it that their costumes are normally something you'd wear to a club instead of battle? The New 52 gave armor to almost every male hero, yet Wonder woman is still half wearing a bikini. So as a guy, I can see some of their point. And as for the small d**ks comment, the women have to at least imagine it, because it's not like anyone is drawing bulges in Superheroes pants. Not that I'd be for that, just that immaterial to the conversation because, let's face it, it's never been done in mainstream comics.

Just giving the other side of the argument boys, wouldn't want to be all one sided, now would we.

Back