Bank Robber Joker/New Sculpt - PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great pic.

I won't spoil it, but one scene from HEAT that was emulated in TDK is probably one of my all-time favorite movie scenes, just something about the dialogue and all, I could watch it repeatedly and enjoy it every time.

I saw Heat not too long ago after seeing TDK and I didn't really get that feeling. I know which scene you are talking about because I too heard a similar scene in TDK was based off of Heat. They really aren't that similar. Only the same crime occurs.

I actually think it is the opening scene of Heat that was emulated, not the one with the same crime. The start has the same pace and similar editing styles/seeing everyone preparing their end, which the TDK prologue really evokes.

Last edited:
100_2054.jpg

100_2055.jpg

100_2056.jpg

100_2059.jpg

I won't spoil it, but one scene from HEAT that was emulated in TDK is probably one of my all-time favorite movie scenes, just something about the dialogue and all, I could watch it repeatedly and enjoy it every time.

Ok, since everyone's misreading the scene I'm referring to here, it's not the bank heist, there's a scene with Pacino an DeNiro talking 1 on 1 and the concept is very much like the interrogation scene.

As far as the bank heist, visually it is executed similar to HEAT, but as has been said, pacing and editing is more reminescent of a different heist scene in HEAT.

Ok, since everyone's misreading the scene I'm referring to here, it's not the bank heist, there's a scene with Pacino an DeNiro talking 1 on 1 and the concept is very much like the interrogation scene.

As far as the bank heist, visually it is executed similar to HEAT, but as has been said, pacing and editing is more reminescent of a different heist scene in HEAT.

:lol Even I knew exactly what scene you were talking about! If some of you deny that there was no connection to Heat try watching or reading some of Nolans interviews, he's mentioned "Heat" as being one of his favorite films. Mine too, very much!

Pfffft new school. :rolleyes:

i know this is a long shot, but does anyone want to sell me the glock(handgun) accessory that comes with the BR joker?

:lol Even I knew exactly what scene you were talking about! If some of you deny that there was no connection to Heat try watching or reading some of Nolans interviews, he's mentioned "Heat" as being one of his favorite films. Mine too, very much!

Pfffft new school. :rolleyes:

Heat came to my mind when I saw The Dark Knight for the very first time. The clown who was shouting is reminiscent to Tom Sizemore's character. The mob bank manager (William Fichtner) is the same actor who played Roger Van Zan. The similarities are very subtle, but the concept of the heist and its intensity are the same.

How exactly does one contact "BillyB" about his custom shirt and tie for this figure?...

I PM'd him a very short message asking him if I could aquire these for my figure and never heard a single word back? Not even a "Sorry, no longer doing those items". Nothing.

???????

What tie and shirt did you use? Custom? DC Direct? Looks really great man :)

How exactly does one contact "BillyB" about his custom shirt and tie for this figure?...

I PM'd him a very short message asking him if I could aquire these for my figure and never heard a single word back? Not even a "Sorry, no longer doing those items". Nothing.

???????

I think Billy rarely posts here and just has an account for when he wants to visit, I would just be patient or maybe start a thread asking if anyone can help you get int touch with him, but I wouldn't take the no response as intentional.

i'm pretty sure that that's the hot toys outfit.

It's not Hot Toys, it's BillyB's custom shirt and DCD's Joker tie.

I think Billy rarely posts here and just has an account for when he wants to visit, I would just be patient or maybe start a thread asking if anyone can help you get int touch with him, but I wouldn't take the no response as intentional.

Oh I didn't take it as intentional of course, lol... I was just wondering if there was a better method of contacting the maestro.

It's not Hot Toys, it's BillyB's custom shirt and DCD's Joker tie.

Looks good together. I like the look of the Hot Toys tie, I just wish it functioned like a real one instead of using the crappy elastic. The shirt collar is pretty annoying too. Thanks for the info :)

Back