Action Figure Bandai Star Wars Model Kit 1/12 Scale General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Model kits need some more love here too lol. They're honestly some of my favorite trooper and droid figures

6kD4cLy.jpg

Cwme9R9.jpg

WYWwtMR.jpg

7PRxSj7.jpg

ODDpRw9.jpg

3ioK6mA.jpg

9xmSD4a.jpg

EAE99IJ.jpg

zEa3YDb.jpg

KpgpSUt.jpg

9Tc51BM.jpg

h1nVeFQ.jpg

CV88Ejh.jpg

f59rf0g.jpg

stWuDjj.jpg

Dude, just amazing work. The figures, and the photography are top notch as always :clap I love the shot with the hand creeping up on the troopers lol And which Dewback is that? the 3 3/4" one?

And I agree, the Bandai kits by far make the best troopers and droids. I really need to get me a 3PO and Greivous next!

Thanks guys! Yeah its the 4 inch one scaled up to 6 inch. Its much larger than the official Dewback. It even makes the 7 inch scale Movie Realization figures look a little small lol.

MvjlHqK.jpg

Thanks guys! Yeah its the 4 inch one scaled up to 6 inch. Its much larger than the official Dewback. It even makes the 7 inch scale Movie Realization figures look a little small lol.

MvjlHqK.jpg

wow! Soooo much better than the black series dewback. Did you make that? Very impressive!

No some guy on facebook did. He's up scaling the rancor to 6 inch scale too. This has no articulation though, basically a statue. The rancor will though.

No some guy on facebook did. He's up scaling the rancor to 6 inch scale too. This has no articulation though, basically a statue. The rancor will though.

Very cool - I would definitely buy those if it was made available without having to use facebook!

Man, your photos here and in the Mafex thread are making me want to go indiscretionlessly spend money with wild abandon, ShootingtheGalaxy! Very nicely done.

I'm curious, do you prefer the Mafex or Bandai kit death trooper more? I'm planning to get one of them sometime but am not sure which. Leaning toward the bandai just because I'm enjoying building the stormie so much but the Mafex looks really nice too.

Amazing shots again ShootingtheGalaxy. Bandai kits are the best. A blast to assemble and paint/weather.
For the Deathtroopers i like the proportions of the kit better than the Mafex even though it’s still a great figure the helmet is a bit too small. I plan on switching it to a Bandai bucket.

Man, your photos here and in the Mafex thread are making me want to go indiscretionlessly spend money with wild abandon, ShootingtheGalaxy! Very nicely done.

I'm curious, do you prefer the Mafex or Bandai kit death trooper more? I'm planning to get one of them sometime but am not sure which. Leaning toward the bandai just because I'm enjoying building the stormie so much but the Mafex looks really nice too.

Thank you! Personally I prefer the Mafex Death Trooper and Shoretrooper over any other versions of it. The ST is NEAR perfect and the DT Is ABSOLUTELY perfect. I have 2 model kit DTs, 3 Black Series and 1 Mafex. Skipped figuarts because its just all wrong with a terrible sculpt. I love the model kits for EVERYTHING but the DT just has so many interchangeable parts that it works far better as a finished figure than a model kit. And Mafex pulled it off flawlessly. I prefer the model kits for everything else though. If it wasn't for so many loose interchangeable parts, the kit DT is pretty much on par with Mafex otherwise.

Amazing shots again ShootingtheGalaxy. Bandai kits are the best. A blast to assemble and paint/weather.
For the Deathtroopers i like the proportions of the kit better than the Mafex even though it’s still a great figure the helmet is a bit too small. I plan on switching it to a Bandai bucket.

Thanks! I actually just noticed, because of a recent shot lol, that the Mafex DT helmet is a little small. But being how slender they are it doesn't really look like it unless you stare at it too long, imo lol. Thats a good idea though about switching it. I'll give that a try too and see how it works

I've seen Boba, Vader, Clone and the Stormtrooper Luke/Han kits in American stores now. They cost $30 though. Cheaper to get them on amazon

Purchased my first model kit with the Han Stormtrooper. Thought I would give it a try as I do like building models occasionally and did not realize these were so articulated. If I end up enjoying the building and the end product I can see myself buying several of these model kits. Next would be Grevous, possibly Boba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purchased my first model kit with the Han Stormtrooper. Thought I would give it a try as I do like building models occasionally and did not realize these were so articulated. If I end up enjoying the building and the end product I can see myself buying several of these model kits. Next would be Grevous, possibly Boba.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the build! These were the first models I ever tried and I definitely had fun with them.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the build! These were the first models I ever tried and I definitely had fun with them.

I did enjoy it. Surprisingly fast and the articulation is unbelievable from a model kit. I want to get a few more Stormtroopers because this model looks so accurate. Just a slight step up from my Black Series....
98c62d2e49612a9542e5719fe91ac003.jpg
38b1a73e3615564e2e566964c620754c.jpg

Back