Action Figure Bandai Star Wars Model Kit 1/12 Scale General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shropt, you did this to me...

20150604_195023_zpsbwdvz1yz.jpg

Oooh somebody got an AT-ST :)

Looking forward to seeing it built. I have the old ERTL Model and its not horrible but I think this will be much better. Curious on size difference between the two. Thats the only thing thats been holding me back.

Oooh somebody got an AT-ST :)

Looking forward to seeing it built. I have the old ERTL Model and its not horrible but I think this will be much better. Curious on size difference between the two. Thats the only thing thats been holding me back.

I like the 1/48 scale. I built the X-Wing moving edition and I feel it came out great, so I got the AT-ST. Right now, I am working on the hardest parts. Painting the drivers and the cockpit. I will post pics. Bandai does a great job with these kits.

Anyone know of a 1/48 Stormtrooper or Scouts? Wizards of the Coast game figures looks close but I have not seen one in person.

Yes, snap kits. I built the legs and torso and then weathered them and clear coated them before I assembled them. The head/cockpit is in several pieces and I wanted to detail the inside cockpit even though you don't see into it real well. Also, the pilots need painting. I am done painting the cockpit and almost done with the two pilots. The base comes molded in brown.

I just ordered the R2 & R5 pack as well as C-3PO. They fit well with Hasbro's Black Series figures, and since I know Hasbro won't be able to touch this version of 3PO, this will likely be my only 6" 3PO I buy. The R2 will replace my BS R2, as well.

Yes, snap kits. I built the legs and torso and then weathered them and clear coated them before I assembled them. The head/cockpit is in several pieces and I wanted to detail the inside cockpit even though you don't see into it real well. Also, the pilots need painting. I am done painting the cockpit and almost done with the two pilots. The base comes molded in brown.

Looking good. I love AT-STs; only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on this kit is it seems pretty small.

I almost want to get a Hasbro AT-ST and convert it, but that's a pretty serious amount of work, and it still wouldn't be as accurate as the Bandai kits.

I was so excited for a second. I saw Star Wars.. 1/12.. General and immediately thought it was going to be a Black Series scale General Grievous.

I like these those. C-3PO is going to be a nice piece to add to my BS collection.

I really hope Bandai considers selling that 1/12 scaled Advance Tie someday - similar to a Perfect Grade Gundam in terms of pricing. I'd consider buying it! Someone on Fwoosh said it looked too detailed to merely be a display piece - I agree. Perhaps they are testing the waters so to speak....getting reaction.

untitled3.jpg

Really nice job! Do the ports on the front move at all? I'm glad they at least give the option of being open, unlike the old ERTL model. How tall is it?

Back