Bandai GX-71 Beast King GoLion - Voltron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of right now, no news. Has Bandai ever Reissue SOC line?

Yes, Bandai does reissue many of its SOC series figures. For example the Mazinger (Mazinger & Great Mazinger) series figures have had many reissues. The original GX01, then GX01R, An Anniversary edition, and a few others I believe. It may take a few years, but they will most likely reissue this at some point. Especially if a live action movie ever does get made.

Got my vintage vehicle voltron to go along with SOC voltron. 1506574325673-805397386.jpg

If anyone hears of a reissue of this fig please let me know!!! I refuse to pay for scalper prices! (500-800$)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone hears of a reissue of this fig please let me know!!! I refuse to pay for scalper prices! (500-800$)

Don't pay scalper prices, they will almost assuredly reissue. I would also avoid the Icarus version 2.0...it is a straight up counterfeit.

I am selling my Masterpiece version to get this version but I refuse to pay $600 to ebay sellers. I am praying for a re-issue.

Do you have pictures of the icarus version?

Only the black/gold version that was just released, which is the same new mold as the main color repaint. Outside of the fact that GX-71 is much closer to the animated appearance, is much higher quality, and is actually licensed, the Icarus version is not licensed despite the counterfeit licensing marks molded into the item.

Really shady, but I imagine some will snatch them up as stand-ins for GX-71.

Dayum. eBay prices got even crazier since last time I looked. They need to reissue this and bundle with vehicle Voltron. Dare to dream :)

I got it yesterday. Got it for 475€, which is a GREAT price...thinking about the 900 on ebay.
It really is insane. Just fiddled with the lions, yesterday...but the build quality is glorious. Just beautiful...

20180116_163258.jpg

20180116_221054.jpg

20180116_221100.jpg

20180116_221106.jpg

Better pictures coming soon...I need new photo backgrounds.^^

Last edited:
I'm sure you probably already know that playmates have just released a plastic 18" combiner Voltron that has been modeled after this one, the GX-71. It is no where near the build quality or articulation level as Bandai's but the proportions are spot on and it looks killer. It's a fun toy to boot and a whole lot cheaper you can get all five lions from Target right now for 108.00. People who missed out on the SOC might want to pick it up. While I have the SOC I can tell you I'm glad I picked up the playmates Classic Legendary Voltron. I can play with it a rough as I want and not worry about damaging my super expensive version.WIN_20180123_19_47_29_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
I appreciate the sentiment but that looks like a cheap Chinatown bootleg by comparison. Gray plastic is a real eyesore, in my opinion.

For the record I don't own the Bandai version cause even at regular retail I thought it was criminally overpriced, but this thing seems like a poor substitute to me.

I appreciate the sentiment but that looks like a cheap Chinatown bootleg by comparison. Gray plastic is a real eyesore, in my opinion.

For the record I don't own the Bandai version cause even at regular retail I thought it was criminally overpriced, but this thing seems like a poor substitute to me.

What about $300 made the SOC overpriced?

What about $300 made the SOC overpriced?

I was thinking the same thing, this is well worth the $300 that was originally listed for. (Got mine for $277.99 from Anime-Island) You get a lot of accessories with this set. I think he's just a little bitter because he didn't get it.

Yeah, see I don't look at it like a cheap bootleg to me its another Voltron toy and a damn good one. I have nearly every version of Golion/Voltron made including the WAY overpriced Matty Collector Voltron, now THAT one is overpriced. And while it is probably one of the most expensive toys I ever convinced myself to buy the Bandai SOC Voltron is reasonably priced for what you get. The quality is outstanding. I have been collecting toys for nearly 40 years now (damn I'm old) and it is definitely in my top ten favorites of all time. BTW I paid like 300 plus shipping for the SOC when it first came out, had it on pre-order from BBTS the day they listed it.

Have any of you guys used the number stickers for the lions? I'm thinking about using them on the Playmates Voltron might be a little small but I think they'll look cool also doubt if I'll ever put them on the SOC cuz they weren't in the cartoon.

Back