Bandai Dragonball 1/8th Goku kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to a new comic con in Chicago called C2E2 in a couple of weeks, so I'll probably see if I can pick them up there.

Am I correct in thinking that they've only released SS Goku and Piccolo in this series so far?

Yeah, Piccolo was first and Goku came out a couple of months ago (I think). The others have been shown at exhibitions but I'm not sure of the release dates.

You've convinced me to just stay with the Figuarts figures. I grabbed my Goku last month from AmiAmi and it was about $25 there, but shipping would bump up the cost quite a bit, but the same goes with those 1/8 model kits that I'm pretty sure cost more than the Figuarts.

They're both great though. I seemed like only until recently that we had a selection of DBZ action figures with great articulation, sculpt, and paint. The only issue I have with both the 1/8 kits and the Figuarts is that the scale for both still won't fit in with the other toys on my shelf (namely Neca, Revoltechs, Square-Enix Play Arts, etc).

You've convinced me to just stay with the Figuarts figures. I grabbed my Goku last month from AmiAmi and it was about $25 there, but shipping would bump up the cost quite a bit, but the same goes with those 1/8 model kits that I'm pretty sure cost more than the Figuarts.

They're both great though. I seemed like only until recently that we had a selection of DBZ action figures with great articulation, sculpt, and paint. The only issue I have with both the 1/8 kits and the Figuarts is that the scale for both still won't fit in with the other toys on my shelf (namely Neca, Revoltechs, Square-Enix Play Arts, etc).

Yeah, your DBZ collection kinda has to stand on it's own, scale-wise. :lol

Side note, I am also a big fan of the Play Arts figures as well. I don't play FF games so mine are all from Kingdom Hearts (big Disney nut) but the quaility is fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing their larger scale figures from RE 5.

What's the build quality like on these FigArt figure like? And the 1:8th model like? Anyone have it?

I only have the figuart Goku. As far as I can tell it's made of durable ABS plastic for most of the body and PVC for the head and hands. I'm not rough on my figures, but I've put it through it's paces for photos and whatnot and the joints are still tight.

Sweet... Do you know when the Son Goku is being released?
4334763422_e15e410cfc.jpg

I have no idea. You probably know more about it than I do. I do know that SSJ Gohan was released just last month and that's about it. None of the popular Japanese webstores even list the next Figuarts DBZ figure so I don't think we'll see the next one for a while.

There's probably some worthwhile info somewhere on Toys Daily forums, but it's a pain to sift through considering it's mostly in Chinese.

Those environment diorama pieces in those pics you posted look really nice. I hope those are included in future releases.

Regarding the MG models (1/8 scale), so far they have released 3 Gokus (Normal, SSJ and Kaio-ken version which was a limited release through Bandai's online store I think):

goku3_02.jpg

and they have showed two more prototypes (with no pre-order or price info) SSJ Vegeta and Trunks:

Toyupdate71.jpg

So it seems the MG line has some life into it. And after SSJ Vegeta they can easily make standard Vegeta.

Awesome post!!! Thanks for the info. I hope they do Piccolo!!! I just ordered a FiguArt Piccolo to see what that line is like. I might get more of them, but I like my 1:6th figure scale as I reckon too many 6" figures on a shelf can start looking cluttered.

Last edited:
Alright so this week, I've gone a little Dragon Ball nuts, gotten the whole series on DVD finally! Including the more watchable Kai recut.

And as test figures... I've ordered a FiguArts Piccolo & just then, cracked and ordered a Goku model kit, with I intent to paint and seal with matte finish! Oh god!

its just paced better... Its the exactly the same storyline, but it focuses on the action and moves through the saga's more accurately to the original Manga story... For example, Goku travels Snake road in 1-2 episodes not 5 or whatever it was in the original!

Oh and some voice actors have been recast due to the re-editing of the animation which has been cleans up some and has an enhance colour palette!

its just paced better... Its the exactly the same storyline, but it focuses on the action and moves through the saga's more accurately to the original Manga story... For example, Goku travels Snake road in 1-2 episodes not 5 or whatever it was in the original!

Oh and some voice actors have been recast due to the re-editing of the animation which has been cleans up some and has an enhance colour palette!

ah no wonder!

I got the old version, and I was asleep most of the time do to the pace of it :lol

Wow... Where can I find these figures? I haven't bought a DragonBall figure since I was a kid but these makes me want to start again. Where can I find these?

Back