Balrog Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets have some Shadow and Flame's this time around :rotfl

newebay041.jpg

Nice work, Dave. I've been following the development of the Shadow and Flame over at... well, The Shadow and Flame. :lol It turned out really well.

Hard to understand why another Balrog up to standards of first one from SS hasn't been done.

As long as it looks cool as he'll I could care less if it tops the SSW one. I wouldn't be buying it with that mind set anyways.

Having the ultimate :balrog would mean that the classic muscle
car in the garage would defintely have to go
After all a PF :balrog would need all the space he can get :yess:

I'm very happy with my Balrogs and in the Hobbit film I hope we could see mention and or flashback if Thorin talks about Moria before the Dwarves fled and settled on Lonely Mountain...I would just love that

I'm very happy with my Balrogs and in the Hobbit film I hope we could see mention and or flashback if Thorin talks about Moria before the Dwarves fled and settled on Lonely Mountain...I would just love that

What a great idea! Would love to see something like that!

I thought of that, but the only character the Balrog ever interacts with is GTG. And I just don't see another Gandalf vs the Balrog dio. happening. Nor is a 1/4 scale PF ever going to happen.

Neither is a 1/6 scale too...too big...The LSB bust is 1/6 scale...can you imagine a full body

The Balrog LSB is 1/6th?:horror We will definately NOT be seeing a Balrog in the new 1/6th line then. No place to put it and an astronomical price tag!

The original piece by SSW wasn't done in 1:6th. I'd take another one about that size.

The ROTK extras that showcase the Weta Digital work has a brief clip where they show the various character types in relation to one another, from a hobbit up to a Mumakil, and the Balrog is second only to the Mumakil in terms of size. He is scaled to be enormous, and I would imagine that the LSB being 1:6 scale isn't too far off!

The ROTK extras that showcase the Weta Digital work has a brief clip where they show the various character types in relation to one another, from a hobbit up to a Mumakil, and the Balrog is second only to the Mumakil in terms of size. He is scaled to be enormous, and I would imagine that the LSB being 1:6 scale isn't too far off!

There he is next to GG Glorfindel(1st age) 1/6 bust...IMHO he is definetely 1/6 scale...now imagine 1/6 Gandalf with sword fighting him...

Last edited:
Back