baloo custom biomask for HT original Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
News of the day: all the holes were made and the micro-wires were welded to the brass tubes. I'll set them up today and tomorrow I'll start the paint job, or Monday at the latest.

@ seanh5134: one has only to ask... Pre-registered! :wink1:

I'm actually considering going with the Full Garage kit now. I'd like to give it a try to put the mask together, and paint it to my liking (plus it will save me some money and might be fun).

I know you have the Garage kits ready baloo, but I'm still on the fence if I should get one of the more Deluxe sets. I'm just waiting to see more pics.

Ho, okay... Sorry, I had not well understood, Sam. :monkey3
No problemo: you'll be able to make your opinion soon, then. :wave

Ho, okay... Sorry, I had not well understood, Sam. :monkey3
No problemo: you'll be able to make your opinion soon, then. :wave

No problem. I know if I try to do it myself, I might take 6 months to a year to even get some of it done. I have a habit of procrastinating on my customs (I have a very busy and time consuming job).

Are these still available? I recently got hold of the original predator and MUST MUST MUST have one, thanks.

@ samueljd: I see what you mean, Sam... Hehe

@ timtom666: Okay, you're pre-registered now... If this is well what you wished. Thanks for supporting!

News item: The painting begins...

:lol If I was making 10 masks per day, yes... But at the rate things are going, I would say that if I become a millionaire, it will probably be in another life, hehe!

:lol If I was making 10 masks per day, yes... But at the rate things are going, I would say that if I become a millionaire, it will probably be in another life, hehe!

:lol

Baloo, I need your help again, regarding the Evergreen Strip Styrene tube and the correct threading die size.

The tubes I have are 3/8" .375 Diameter. (9.5mm)
so Im wondering which size threading die will I need?

Your help will be much appreciated, my friend:)

If I can help, I will with pleasure, of course... :duff
If you wish to thread a tube of 9.5mm, I think you should take a die M10 (0.394") but it may be too large. As for the M9 (0.354"), it may be too small but if you can reduce the diameter of your tube, no problemo...
You have piqued my curiosity, there... What is it for? :D

If I can help, I will with pleasure, of course... :duff
If you wish to thread a tube of 9.5mm, I think you should take a die M10 (0.394") but it may be too large. As for the M9 (0.354"), it may be too small but if you can reduce the diameter of your tube, no problemo...
You have piqued my curiosity, there... What is it for? :D

What about if I used a 8.70mm tube then?
Which die should I take for 8.70mm?

It is for a desk lamp I am making in 1/6 scale -

Untitledterminator.png

Untitled007-1.jpg

Last edited:
As for the M9 (0.354"), it may be too small but if you can reduce the diameter of your tube, no problemo...

What do you mean by reduce the diameter of the tube?
Do you mean I should buy a smaller size tube?
Or do you mean I should reduce the size of the 9.5mm tube by sanding it or something?

The two methods are valid. But I effectively thought more to a reduction made ​​using a mini lathe.
Anyway, I think you're a bit mistaken in your calculation, you know: for me, the diameter of the lamp arm is the size of a little finger, ie 18 mm... What makes 3 mm wide at 1/6 scale... So: tube Ø 3 mm and die M3, hehe... :wink1:

The two methods are valid. But I effectively thought more to a reduction made ​​using a mini lathe.
Anyway, I think you're a bit mistaken in your calculation, you know: for me, the diameter of the lamp arm is the size of a little finger, ie 18 mm... What makes 3 mm wide at 1/6 scale... So: tube Ø 3 mm and die M3, hehe... :wink1:

Wow!
Youre completely right, my friend!
Ive been confusing circumference with diameter:slap:slap:slap
THANK YOU, baloo!:lol
3mm it is then.

Hehe... As we say: "to err is human!"
Glad I could help you, and good luck for your dio (it looks promising)!

No problemo. :wink1:
It should suit... As the die has a conical entrance, that's not 2 or 3 tenths of mm that will be problematic because they will be planed by the die.

Back