baloo custom biomask for HT original Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thierry I hope it's not too much to ask but once you're done with the full classic, could you take pictures of your P1 wearing the Full New, the Full Classic and the Full Ultimate so that we can get a good look of how the masks look like on the figure?

great idea. are there any photos of the "Full Classic" around? still none on front page.

I might have to postpone the acquisition of my helmet for a while due to some medical bills that will occur soon. :( Maybe trade places with a member that is on the last part of the list.

@Jkno- Just sent you a PM. I would love to switch places with you if you were still up for it!

I might have to postpone the acquisition of my helmet for a while due to some medical bills that will occur soon. :( Maybe trade places with a member that is on the last part of the list.

@Jkno- Just sent you a PM. I would love to switch places with you if you were still up for it!

I think it would be ok, I'll have to ask Baloo though to see when #50 would arrive. If it is too early, then you will be the first to talk to about the switch.

Ok friends, sorry for the radio silence... :monkey3

I just finished a series of casting in resin (ie 10 copies of the mask). FYI: A copy requires 1 hour to be correctly poured because before making the casting itself (11 ml of resin and as much of catalyst, which represents almost the double of the effective quantity, but without this "waste" I have systematically bubbles, so...), I fill with a small paintbrush (No. 000) the various tricky areas of the mask that may keep bubbles.
As the resin thickens quickly (it is really unusable after 12 min, but already after 1 min, it is no longer enough fluid to go into some details, so I must be quick), I must proceed in small areas (I counted 5) and therefore small amount of resin (5 drops per zone).
I have tried other casting techniques, but none were satisfactory except this one.
Then, 2 hours are needed so that the resin is hardened enough without risking to deform the mask during demolding.

Tomorrow, I'll do the deburring / trimming / drilling and painting preparations.

By popular demand, I'll take pics of the figure with the 3 "full" versions of the mask. It's a good idea.

@ seanh5134: yep, please send me a PM if you want.

^ Nooooooo!
No "other things to do" for Thierry! Only this and nothing else *cracks a whip* Back to work!

j/k :rotfl

No worries, I've actually been happy your taking your time baloo. It has allowed my wallet to have a rest. :sleep:lol

^
Yes, in seriousness I agree. As much as I'm looking forward to eventually owning one of these magnificent works of art, I'm not looking forward to the big chunk of change that will be parted from me in order to get it. I'm no customizer, so a "full ultimate" will probably be in my future unless I end up liking the "classic" paint job better when it's revealed.

Ok friends, here is where I am for tonight:

The ten copies were scrupulously checked. The few micro-bubbles were filled carefully with some resin. Copies have been deburred, trimmed, and tried on the head of the figure. The drilling of the various holes for the laser sight (3) as well as housing for plugging into the connector temporal began. I will finish it tomorrow morning, and the masks which should be equipped with lighting system will be connected with the 2 micro-wires flooded by some resin in the groove.

So much for the moment.

Back