Badmoon LIVE dog chat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then man up, kick your moms ass and get your dog back! :monkey1

yeah, I'll get right on that :rolleyes:

When they were over last weekend they brought the pup. When they went to leave, he just stood at the door and wouldn't go. They called him like 5 times and he just stood there. When they came to grab him he ran behind me.

I'm not gonna lie, I teared up a little

Loki, does he belong to them now, or what's the deal?

I'm not gonna lie, I teared up a little
The other day I was telling my dog's trainer that he has a habit of grabbing toys, going for my ankles and growling whenever I leave. She said it's his way of telling me not to go, he's trying to coax me into chasing or play with him. He sees me as the 'Alpha Dog' and he doesn't know how to survive when I'm gone. It's his way of telling me that he loves me most, poor little guy has separation anxiety from me.

I'm not gonna lie, I teared up when she told me that.

Last edited:
Karma since the tears are flowing please make sure to not the man point deductions. :lecture

Actually I am thinking man points can not be taken into consideration when it is due to pets. :lol Please add my 50 points back on. :lecture

Points stay off, 'Baby talking' in the presence of other men is a :nono. :D

Besides, dogs become members of the family, my little guy is like my son, it's okay to get a little misty when talking about them. Right Bagels, Loki?

Yep I have been crating. She has been doing well with that. She is just a different dog when you come home. Hyper to the extreme. I go home at lunch to take her out as well so she is not in there all day.

I did that for the first 6 months with my dog. That's the way to go.

Also, I know you're sending your dog to classes, but you should try training yourself. My wife and I trained our dog easily (and it's a miniature dachshund, who are a very stubborn breed) and I found that dogs are much more comfortable when you train them yourselves. Just a thought.

Congrats on the puppy love though, one of the greatest things in the world. :duff

I did that for the first 6 months with my dog. That's the way to go.

Also, I know you're sending your dog to classes, but you should try training yourself. My wife and I trained our dog easily (and it's a miniature dachshund, who are a very stubborn breed) and I found that dogs are much more comfortable when you train them yourselves. Just a thought.

Congrats on the puppy love though, one of the greatest things in the world. :duff

I would try. I bought many books. I really am taking her more for me than her if that makes sense. My wife and I have never owned a dog. Even as kids we both always have had cats. I am clueless on some of the stuff. I have been trying to read up. I am not gonna lie this is really stressful. It seems like I have no time for myself. Not even to game with guys. Well enough of my rant. I have to go home to take the dog out. :rotfl

When I moved out the dog stayed at my parents house so he could have a yard. Without me in the house (I'm an only child), she grew very attached to the dog. Then my Mom moved to their new house for a year without my Dad and she only had the dog for company. I get to see him once a month or so but he's my boy. I keep teasing my parents about stealing him back, little do they know I'm serious :monkey3

I have one picture in my office. And of course it's my dog :ruff

I would try. I bought many books. I really am taking her more for me than her if that makes sense. My wife and I have never owned a dog. Even as kids we both always have had cats. I am clueless on some of the stuff. I have been trying to read up. I am not gonna lie this is really stressful. It seems like I have no time for myself. Not even to game with guys. Well enough of my rant. I have to go home to take the dog out. :rotfl

It will be stressful until about 7 to 8 months old. Then they are totally fine. By then, things shape out.

I never had a dog either before this. My wife grew up with dogs though, so that helped a bit. It's all in the fun of being a parent. :rock

When I moved out the dog stayed at my parents house so he could have a yard. Without me in the house (I'm an only child), she grew very attached to the dog. Then my Mom moved to their new house for a year without my Dad and she only had the dog for company. I get to see him once a month or so but he's my boy. I keep teasing my parents about stealing him back, little do they know I'm serious :monkey3

I have one picture in my office. And of course it's my dog :ruff
Dude, get her a puppy and get your boy back!!

It's a tricky balance, you don't wanna spoil them too much as they have to learn to be content by themselves & not build up any separation anxiety which can lead to peeing or house trashing

Dude, get her a puppy and get your boy back!!

That's what I keep telling them to do. Dogs are so f'n expensive though. I've thought about going with a rescue but those people are nuts and overly pushy. I'm very picky about what kind of dog I'd want and how old. I really enjoy the training part and that's part of the reason my dog is so great.

Back