Badism's thread of stuff he did.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badism

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, my old thread got deleted and hadn't seen much action in a couple of years, but seeing as how I've dabbled back into customizing again I thought I start a new one and share my latest.

First up is my so called "Return of the Jedi" Vader. He's not completly accurate, but i always work with what i have and I'm very happy with him. I do have some work to do on the gloves still.

He's made from mostly Sideshow parts with the dome being a hasbro and the reveal mask I bought off of Seb. He is currently sitting on a Hot Toys T-800 body. It's a muscular body of the right height (with vaders boots) and build.

DSC03598.jpg

DSC03579.jpg

DSC03580.jpg

DSC03585.jpg

DSC03595.jpg

DSC03596.jpg

DSC03576.jpg

DSC03613.jpg

DSC03602.jpg

DSC03603.jpg

That looks pretty sweet man... the thicker body works well for Vader.

Not 100% in love with the reveal head; as I'd prefer a Shaw-like sculpt. But what's there is great!

Thats a kick ass Vader buddy :rock2

Thats very close to a Hurricane custom

Seriously impressive

That looks pretty sweet man... the thicker body works well for Vader.

Not 100% in love with the reveal head; as I'd prefer a Shaw-like sculpt. But what's there is great!

Thanks. I'll never take that sucker off again anyway, I just wanted the dome and mask from seb. :lol

you know what i think i have some spare pairs that came with my Hurricane custom

Will dig them out and take some pics see if that may help you out :wink1:

NICE!!!

So its just simple swap-out of the SS body for the T-800? No other pegs or plugs? I might like to try that myself rather than doctoring the SS body to correct height.

Ok, the ssc hand's just jam on there, so no problem there, but the sleeves are too long, so they need to be cut and made to fit to your satisfaction. Also because the T-800 arms are shorter (or normal as i would call it) leaving the vader gloves at that length wouldn't work, you would need to shorten them as well. As for the head...I'm not using SSC's, the one I have just sits perfectly fine over the T-800's neck, it's hollow so it's not actually connected in anyway. You would need a solution to that issue. The boots just go on nice and snug like the gloves, but again the leggings would need a bit of trimming.

So, not as easy as it seems. You really have be willing to permanently alter the Vader gear.

One other word of caution to anyone wanting to try this, vader will not be able to put his hands on his hips without articulation at the wrists. That is why SSC made his arms so long.

Looks amazing, like he stepped out of the screen. Well done!

Really nice proportions there. well done, My wife would kill me if she walked in & I was ripping Arnies head off & cutting up the Vader suit....mmmmmm...... she is out for the day though :nana:

Thanks all. Next up is my blade 1 custom. I did show one in the HT blade thread last onth, but I scrapped that vest and started all over again. First thing I did was get new sunglasses and swap the HT head on to a thinner true type. I did that for two reasons. 1 the thinner tt body has a lower neck ball and this alows the neck to appear shorter (I thought it looked too long on the standard blade body) 2, as a thinner body it alows blade's coat to fit much better and looser.

Coat is HT's with red lining removed, waist strap and shoulder pads added.

Pants are from SSC vampire Angel.

Stake straps reworked and painted to look like Blade 1.

Vest made from scratch with the HT B2 vest as a base.

Mac 10 handmade from parts of other weapons including the HT B2 Mac 10.

Shotgun was the toybiz shotgun reworked and repainted to be more accurate. I drilled out the barrel (it was solid) and created the stakes and stake launchers from scratch.

I also made a holster for the Mac 10, but I'm not happy with it yet.

DSC03723.jpg

DSC03726.jpg

DSC03727.jpg

DSC03729.jpg

DSC03730.jpg

DSC03731.jpg

DSC03735.jpg

DSC03736.jpg

DSC03741.jpg

DSC03742.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Awesome job!! That sculpt is awesome, the piercing eyes are particularly menacing

Back