Bad Trader Alert - Joker's Wild (Happy Ending?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bad Trader Alert - Joker's Wild

Just an update:
The cops have spoken with Joker's Wild and he's tentatively agreed to pay Dave $250 to replace the Jack Sparrow. He claimed to police that he shipped the Ghost Rider sans tracking and that it just never arrived. I'm going to try to help Dave arrange payment, but it looks like this may have a happy ending.
is a liar until the end... BTW
:yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::lol:wink1:

91388d1330010480-real-massage-las-vegas-happy-ending.jpg

I'm really glad things worked out for the guy who got scammed. It's also a good cautionary tale about buying online. As a rule of thumb, I've always preferred to buy from someone with high feedback score on ebay, less chance that they would scam you, especially a big ticket item... *smh*

I have never traded through forums and now I'm even more reluctant to :( Good thing that at least in his case he was from the same country, same state so he was able to press charges, but what if the buyer was from overseas? scary thought....

it takes only one asshat to ruin it for everyone.

I'm really glad things worked out for the guy who got scammed. It's also a good cautionary tale about buying online. As a rule of thumb, I've always preferred to buy from someone with high feedback score on ebay, less chance that they would scam you, especially a big ticket item... *smh*

I have never traded through forums and now I'm even more reluctant to :( Good thing that at least in his case he was from the same country, same state so he was able to press charges, but what if the buyer was from overseas? scary thought....

it takes only one asshat to ruin it for everyone.

no mate no same country ,one come from uk and the other come from us ;)

no mate no same country ,one come from uk and the other come from us ;)

Wow! that's great news! I thought Dave was able to get the cops involved because he was from the US as well. This is a really positive step. You were really awesome, and what you did was super badass baiting that a$$ monkey and getting him to reveal himself :hi5:

I'm new to SSC and I'm sorry to ask, but what are commerce privileges? I know I said, I would be reluctant to buy figures on a forum before, but this story has somewhat restored my faith in humanity :)

I've only had one bad experience so far, but I got it back through Paypal Resolution. It might have it flaws, but it's still the 1st defense against being cheated online.

Last edited:
Dave may end up needing to pursue this in small claims court. The guy's threatening to sue SSF for that one post with his ID in it as well. Huh.

Those posts have been deleted. It is against forum rules to post personal information or PMs.

Why is the person who "got scammed" not doing anything here? Seems like two other people are doing all the work and even tried to scam him back.

Why is the person who "got scammed" not doing anything here? Seems like two other people are doing all the work and even tried to scam him back.

because there is a lot of mistrust around, at the contrary I did show you the evidence if you want, you can...:yess:

Dave may end up needing to pursue this in small claims court. The guy's threatening to sue SSF for that one post with his ID in it as well. Huh.

The cheek of that guy! Do you think Dave would be able to nail this guy with criminal charges? As for his ID details, so what? I think he's just bluffing. He'd be hard pressed to find any sympathizers anywhere for being a thief who was dumb enough to hand over his ID on a silver platter.

He's trying to save himself a world of hurt and embarrassment for being outed as a thief and maybe hopes that a threat of legal charges would make this go away and would make anyone think that he can get back at SSF or anyone here. Fat chance. We know who you are now.

because there is a lot of mistrust around, at the contrary I did show you the evidence if you want, you can...:yess:

It would be nice to hear from Dave too, but I think you did everyone here a huge favor. As for whatever his face, he should be handed to the authorities and taught a lesson beyond banning his sorry a$$ here.

The guy who got scammed contacted the local cops and he's trying to negotiate with the guy on the side. I think some elaboration is needed, so here's a few reasons why I'm helping here at all:
1) I was a member of SSF when this started (Dave's membership is still processing) and I saw a collector in trouble, so I opted to help him out. I took point on taking this to the mods. It was simply a matter of being in the right place at the right time.
2) Dave's in the UK, this guy's in the U.S. I got asked by Dave to make some local calls to the guy to expedite things on the negotiation front. THOSE did not go well.
3) One of my best friends on OSW turned out to be a scammer when he got banned, so I tend to go all "Wrath of Khan" on these folks if given the chance.

The cheek of that guy! Do you think Dave would be able to nail this guy with criminal charges? I did see the guys ID details were still on, but so what? I think he's just bluffing. He'd be hard pressed to find any sympathizers anywhere for being a thief who was dumb enough to hand over his ID on a silver platter.

He's trying to save face and maybe hopes that a threat of legal charges would make this go away and would make anyone think that he can get back at SSF.
I think he's bluffing as well. Cops are leery about criminal charges, but they did recommend small claims court. That'll be the next avenue assuming things don't work out with the negotiations, but I'm not entirely sure how that'll work given that one of the guys is in England.
Any lawyers in the house?

How do we sort out legit people here from those who aren't? I do have a small wish list of sold out figures I'd like to buy someday, but I don't wanna lose my shirt to scalpers on ebay.

The guy who got scammed contacted the local cops and he's trying to negotiate with the guy on the side. I think some elaboration is needed, so here's a few reasons why I'm helping here at all:
1) I was a member of SSF when this started (Dave's membership is still processing) and I saw a collector in trouble, so I opted to help him out. I took point on taking this to the mods. It was simply a matter of being in the right place at the right time.
2) Dave's in the UK, this guy's in the U.S. I got asked by Dave to make some local calls to the guy to expedite things on the negotiation front. THOSE did not go well.
3) One of my best friends on OSW turned out to be a scammer when he got banned, so I tend to go all "Wrath of Khan" on these folks if given the chance.

I think he's bluffing as well. Cops are leery about criminal charges, but they did recommend small claims court. That'll be the next avenue assuming things don't work out with the negotiations, but I'm not entirely sure how that'll work given that one of the guys is in England.
Any lawyers in the house?

Oh he definitely is, I think he'd be laughed out of any precinct or courthouse if he tries to sue anyone here as "that guy who got caught with his pants down trying stealing toys." (not that I think figures are toys, but you get my drift right? ;))

I have my doubts Dave'd want to spend even more of his time and money trying to go through the legal system.

How did he pay for it? Was it through paypal? If the transaction is less than 60 days old upto now, he has to file for a Dispute with them. from my experience, once it's set in motion, Dave's bank will contest the transaction with d0uch3face's bank and will charge back the amount disputed through his card. but do it ASAP. It takes about 180 days til you see your money, but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back