Bad Trader Alert - Joker's Wild (Happy Ending?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casual_Collector

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Rather than clutter up some poor guy's sale thread with our little discussion, I'll start a new thread in a place where I can actually, well, start a new thread.
On OneSixthWarriors (OSW), we had a trade recently go wrong between a guy named Joker's Wild and unknownhero88 (Dave). Near the end of August, Joker's Wild circumvented posting restrictions for the Open Market and contacted Dave directly, offering to trade his HT Ghost Rider for Dave's HT DX Jack Sparrow, to which Dave agreed.
Dave sent out the Jack Sparrow with delivery confirmation and it arrived at Joker's Wild's address. Dave got nothing. Despite repeated attempts to contact Joker's Wild to ask him to complete the trade, he would either reply to say that he hadn't gotten the figure or he would ignore the PM.
Staff got involved, contacted Joker's Wild, got ignored, so Joker's Wild got banned from OSW.
On October 24 on SSF, a user named Joker's Wild offered to sell his HT DX Jack Sparrow for $225 shipped in THIS THREAD.
I have HT DX Jack Sparrow. I can do $225 shipped.
When the issue was pressed, he subsequently deleted the original post and claimed we had the wrong guy. I do note, however, that the Joker's Wild here is from somewhere near Chicago, IL and ours was from Saint Charles, IL.
Make of this what you will. Anyway, offering this up so we don't mess up that guy's sale thread anymore than we already have.

Last edited:
Re: Bad Trader Alert - Joker's Wild

I deleted the wrong post! I meant to delete a post i was typing on my phone. Deleting it would do nothing for me since you quoted my offer! It is very ironic that you say we are both in Illinois! I give you that! But using the same name on 2 sites to supposedly rob people is just idiotic! I have been screwed before buying from people as well and wouldn't want that happening to others!

I deleted the wrong post! I meant to delete a post i was typing on my phone. Deleting it would do nothing for me since you quoted my offer! It is very ironic that you say we are both in Illinois! I give you that! But using the same name on 2 sites to supposedly rob people is just idiotic! I have been screwed before buying from people as well and wouldn't want that happening to others!

Friend, earlier you asked me:

I don't mind some other site you're saying I belong to contacting SSF! It is unfair to judge by my username! Don't you think someone would be smarter than to use the same name?

I think it's safe to say that you just answered your own question.

The join date also strangely coincides. So now it's the item, username, location and join date. All coincidence? Hmmmm. :lecture

Joker's Wild has no commerce privileges here and it goes against forum rules to try and sell an item when privileges have not been granted.

:dunnoI don't know if its ironic as is is a coincidence and i'm not sure how many you need to accumulate to be guilty but its not looking in your favor especially since you have the same name, are from the same state and are offering up a figure you may have possibly got for free.

Yeah... i said we were both from Illinois, cause one of your posts states that the other one is as well. I am acknowledging the coincidence. I would not be making a big deal or responding if I were guilty! I am here arguing my case! Only wrong doing is offering a figure to someone when I have not been given permission to. That I admit and just found that out as being wrong. I thought only creating the For sale thread wasn't allowed. I hate that you all can judge on mere coincidence.

Definitely sounds fishy. . .

Dave sent out the Jack Sparrow with delivery confirmation and it arrived at Joker's Wild's address. Dave got nothing.
Bummer, but I hope unknownhero88 learned his lesson. I would never send something without getting my end of the trade first when we're talking someone without loads of positive commerce feedback.

I saw it with me own eyes!!!!!

Don't you wear glasses?

Yeah... i said we were both from Illinois, cause one of your posts states that the other one is as well. I am acknowledging the coincidence. I would not be making a big deal or responding if I were guilty! I am here arguing my case! Only wrong doing is offering a figure to someone when I have not been given permission to. That I admit and just found that out as being wrong. I thought only creating the For sale thread wasn't allowed. I hate that you all can judge on mere coincidence.

It's more than you just being from the same state though. Username, join date, and item all coincide. If it's true, you picked the wrong community to pull this crap with. If it isn't, it has to be a lottery winning coincidence.

I have also contacted SSF to do something about this cause you guys are just judging on suspicion! I haven't ignored anything here! And I won't! Let them decide!

I appreciate the heads up.

If its not you, sorry, but 1 person being disallowed to sell in the forum isn't a big deal if it makes everyone else feel more secure.

Its not like you're being thrown in prison.

Go sell it on ebay.

If it is you, grow up.

The matter is being investigated and I think we can close this thread now until we have some updates.

Update. Joker's Wild has been banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back