"Bad Science Teacher": The Chemist customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's complete!!! TONS more pics in my collection thread. Link in my sig below.

BrBaDio35_zpsb4eff5a9.jpg~original

BrBaDio39_zps2fee3570.jpg~original

BrBaDio08_zps5886bdc8.jpg~original

BrBaDio31_zps3afbc262.jpg~original

BrBaDio10_zps1e897a8b.jpg~original

Oh Boy ! I thought I was going to be happy with just the " say my name " Fig .

rXJE28K.jpg

broke the glass into smaller piece today
they are as large as a coin when purchased

Here are both of my Walt's.

Darren is currently repainting the Proteus Walt for me. It's a nice paint job and no disrespect meant, but Darren really is a superior painter. I am glad I chose to send him the Proteus head in the end, as now I can see the considerable difference.

Left: Proteus Right: Darren Carnall

Left: Darren Carnall Right: Proteus​

Last edited:
I was going to ask on Facebook when I saw this posted... so the "before" is the Proteus head? Gotta say it's pretty lackluster considering the price tag. Not terrible, except for the crazy dark facial hair... that's pretty poorly done.

I was going to ask on Facebook when I saw this posted... so the "before" is the Proteus head? Gotta say it's pretty lackluster considering the price tag. Not terrible, except for the crazy dark facial hair... that's pretty poorly done.

The one with the darker goatee is Darrens
Nevermind I see Aaron labeled them now

Last edited:
The pics of Proteus paint work doesn't match at all with what's on their site...They painted Walt way too tan and the top of his head is pale?

Yes, that's right. Proteus is the 'before' head. I don't think it's bad either, but it's definitely inferior to Darren's incredible paint job. I guess paint jobs are subjective and this is my opinion of course. What angers me slightly is the money I spent getting that sculpt from Proteus. I was forced to take the paint job rather than just buying the unpainted sculpt which would have always been my preference. If we consider recasting being so morally reprehensible then I see this no differently. This has cost me a **** ton more than it should have but hey ho!

Yes, that's right. Proteus is the 'before' head. I don't think it's bad either, but it's definitely inferior to Darren's incredible paint job. I guess paint jobs are subjective and this is my opinion of course. What angers me slightly is the money I spent getting that sculpt from Proteus. I was forced to take the paint job rather than just buying the unpainted sculpt which would have always been my preference. If we consider recasting being so morally reprehensible then I see this no differently. This has cost me a **** ton more than it should have but hey ho!

Looks like ill be getting mine from Proteus repainted as well

The one with the darker goatee is Darrens
Nevermind I see Aaron labeled them now

:lol :lol

It confused me on a couple as the heads kept changing sides with the angles... at one point I was thinking I preferred how the hair looked on the Proteus, but then it turned out Darren had swapped sides on me :lol

I assume when your order the head from Proteus you get what you get, as-in no update on the paint job or ability to reject or ask for a tweak?

Yeah, that makes sense... it's a shame though to be essentially pre-ordering a mass production quality head, yet paying top-shelf (or close to it) customizing prices for it.

And then to drop even more on a 2nd paint job is pretty crazy :lol

Back