"Bad Science Teacher": The Chemist customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thoughts exactly :lol

Might start a interest list so we can approach a sculptor and caster to see if we can have something made.

Don't bother. I've tried to get a caster/sculptor/printer for my Gus glasses and nobody can do clear glasses with any consistancy. I'm to the point where I'll probably just try it out myself and see how that goes. :dunno

Don't bother. I've tried to get a caster/sculptor/printer for my Gus glasses and nobody can do clear glasses with any consistancy. I'm to the point where I'll probably just try it out myself and see how that goes. :dunno

They don't necessarily need to be clear. Sure some clear lenses would be nice, but in the absence of anything else, a nice pair of frames would be better than nothing.

Does anyone have a pic of Trev's Walt head unpainted, wanted to know what it looked like to tell the difference between the original sculpt and recasters.

Does anyone have a pic of Trev's Walt head unpainted, wanted to know what it looked like to tell the difference between the original sculpt and recasters.

Here's a picture I took of mine, when I first got it, before it was painted.
560552_360355710712786_1078322226_n.jpg

Yeah I got all three versions from Trev. Two are fully painted. One figure is fully done, just waiting on my chem suit from Moe for the other one and then I need to sort out buying the shirt, pants and socks from Moe for the final one.

Shapeways would be the perfect place too print the glasses, well if they have clear material and if we had a model.

WGP/WST told me that they haven't had any luck printing 1:6 glasses due to them being so fragile by being so thin.

They don't necessarily need to be clear. Sure some clear lenses would be nice, but in the absence of anything else, a nice pair of frames would be better than nothing.

That usually looks just wrong, even at this scale. Big Bang can get away with it, but we can't.

Biggest give away is that an original is grey and a recast isn't (its usually white). The recaster on ebay is using Trevor's original pics of his grey casting, so don't fall for the pics. When in doubt, always ask for a new, current pic from a seller.

Back