Bad Habits of Hot Toys.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MechMan

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hot Toys is a great company and by far my favorite thing to collect. But they do have some problems.To you what are some of the things Hot Toys does that annoys you:gah: or you wish they would change? I wish they would stop just making figures from movie licenses and branch out to more video game characters and other comics and literature besides Marvel and DC.

Also Making the Iron Mans battle damaged whether we want it or not. Sometimes I want a perfect fig with no scratches or anything and also that brings me to my next issue,quality control. The hand light neither work on my Mark IV or War Machine. If the hand lights do not function on my Mark VII and Black Mark IV that I recently ordered I am giving up on the Iron Man line.

Hmm... nup, can't think of a thing that annoys me about Hot Toys.

One thing I've found is that their parts seem to be less universal then a few years ago. Unique foot pegs, different size necks, body sizes vary from figure to figure. I understand they tailor every figure seperatley, but its a nightmare for kitbashing, as you can never rely on things fitting together.

But I doubt they care about that anyway :dunno

I hate Hot Toys, thats why I have soooo many!! I wish HT would just go bankrupt already so I wouldn't have to buy their crap product anymore, I feel forced at gunpoint with every release, GOD!!!

They should stop announcing things to build anticipation & expectation only to do nothing with said license.

Varying their characters would be ideal, i.e more original characters instead of the same ones over and over

There's many others but i don't involve myself with them much any more. Kinda pointless these days to when there's so little characters i haven't got already and so many left on the back burner yet to be put up for order

Last edited:
Painting of head sculpts that started this year. It's just awful and out of nowhere.

Painting of head sculpts that started this year. It's just awful and out of nowhere.

K, that maybe. And also that every figure has to be more expensive than the last in its equivalent size/accessory list...just because.

Just the licence thing...announcements and nothing.

That, and only making one figure out the licence.

I just wish the price would stablize for a bit. Instead of increasing seemly from figure to figure.

The thing that bothers me about Hot Toys is the people who collect Hot Toys. Many self entitled, pompous, know it all but, butt munches :wink1:

The thing that bothers me about Hot Toys is the people who collect Hot Toys. Many self entitled, pompous, know it all but, butt munches :wink1:

Man you truly hit the nail on the head. And that ****ing nail went all the way in Miyagi style. And we aren't talking a brad or finish nail. This was a 8 penny framing nail. Bam!

Close thread.

Not enough Iron Man if you ask me. That's my main problem with them. Hard to believe we never got a Race Track Suit Tony or a Armored Whiplash or a Mark III 2.0

:monkey3

Seriously though, their customer service is pretty bad, could improve on that.

Don't know that we need another thread trashing Hot toys.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back