Bad Blood Predator statue - 1:5 scale - now on sale!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bad Blood Pred

I want it. If they say massive I got about 28 inches of height space I need to fill. Hope this one measures up.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNl1WcYnsoo[/ame]

Lots of sizing and distribution information in the first few minutes. I guess Narin originally produced this one himself for a limited run in '09, but Sideshow's picking it up. The nice thing about the piece is that it was intended to be custom painted -- however you wanted and, depending on who you commissioned (or if you did it yourself), better than a factory could. I'm really curious to see how SSC handles these since we've already been spoiled by Joe's takes on it. Plus I doubt their attempts will be cast in solid resin. Original price for these raw unpainted kits was in the mid-to-high $300's.

I guess the next one is the Death Warrior? :dunno

Last edited:

Come to think of it, there are some great licensed Narin pieces based on the films that are quite cool. Wonder if Sideshow will ever put those out as well.

Come to think of it, there are some great licensed Narin pieces based on the films that are quite cool. Wonder if Sideshow will ever put those out as well.

If that's the case, I will be saying :wave to my bank account!

Anyways, I hope that this doesn't veer out in the $300+ category cuz when Sideshow uses the word 'massive', you've to be a bit wary of them.

Cheers,
Neo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNl1WcYnsoo

Lots of sizing and distribution information in the first few minutes. I guess Narin originally produced this one himself for a limited run in '09, but Sideshow's picking it up. The nice thing about the piece is that it was intended to be custom painted -- however you wanted and, depending on who you commissioned (or if you did it yourself), better than a factory could. I'm really curious to see how SSC handles these since we've already been spoiled by Joe's takes on it. Plus I doubt their attempts will be cast in solid resin. Original price for these raw unpainted kits was in the mid-to-high $300's.

I guess the next one is the Death Warrior? :dunno

Yea makes you wonder if they have access to more of his sculpts now or what deal they exactly worked out.

factory paints will never as good as commission piece.

we are talking about mass produce in china factorys :exactly:

Maybe We'll get an encounter kit produced by Sideshow in the future??

blog_theencounter_03.jpg

hers my bad blood, i love the base on this kit, it looks like celtic predator got destroyed. :clap

5d5qv5.jpg

Maybe We'll get an encounter kit produced by Sideshow in the future??

blog_theencounter_03.jpg
I immediately thought about this..

It's cool that they are now selling Narin stuff, but I think it's funny because like... I could never buy any of these from SS after years of seeing profesionally painted versions.... :lol

If they have bought this one, I definitively see Sideshow doing the The Encounter. Good news.

Just hope that they would fix that ugly base, the only con on that awesome diorama.

Last edited:

Seems like there's a lot of potential here, but I'll reserve judgement until the reveal on the 15th and ultimately... the asking price.

the details on these Narins predators are amazing, lots of tiny details, theres no way factory can do this justice, just look at past SS predator diorama or statues, the paints are just horrible.

and for shipping, expectin lots of damages on the dreads/smaller parts unless you personally pack it well.

good luck with that.

Aw Man! It looks like Narin finally broke through! Im so happy for this guy, hes been making badass Preds for years! About time he finally gets known to a wider audience! His work always amazes! Cant wait to see the SS take on it

Narin has quite a cult following with his preds. It kinda seems odd now to think Sideshow hasn't been distributing finished versions of his work until now. Good call on Sideshow for doing this though. Lets see how China does at replicating the paint work.

Back