AVP-R Predalien Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, ive watched the writers commentary for Predator 2 by the Thomas' and the directors also by Stephen Hopkins. The Writers commentary mentioned they wanted to make the predator as humanoid as possible to make it look more real

So I'm really, really excited for the design and for the Hot Toys figures and to a lesser extent I'm excited for the film (trying to keep expectations low) but I figured out what kinda bothers me about the design.

It looks like an alien designed by Stan Winston -- which is great, don't get me wrong. But man I would have loved for it to look more like a Predator designed by Giger.

Holy smokes! How did I miss this thread? Thats first image is wacked! :google So whats the deal then, did some Alien and Predator get their freaks on! :D

Good find Jamal!

Holy smokes! How did I miss this thread? Thats first image is wacked! :google So whats the deal then, did some Alien and Predator get their freaks on! :D

Good find Jamal!

Dunno bro!, but all i can think is that its the Chestburster from the AVP movie on the Predator ship

I agree. The Predator has the best design in this movie.
I'm not too keen on the aliens at all. :monkey2

I know that they're showing this baby off to work up the marketing and attention for the movie but I wish they weren't!!! I think they should've showed it VERY sparingly...perhaps in a dark shot or something just to get people's attention and grow even more interest so people would wonder what it looked like.

It looks awesome!And this is NO different than when Cameron designed the Alien Queen...he took the Alien design and made his own vision of it...as are the film designers here. Of course the Aliens will never have that Giger look and people will do their own flavor of it throughout but I like these new designs and especially this PredAlien.

It's kind of ironic though,cause instead of wanting to see more shots of the PredAlien...I'm like you and want to see some more clearer shots of the Wolf Predator.

As I just pointed out on another thread, in the trailer the predalien is getting it's head skewered by the wolf, among other things. I get the feeling it didn't inherit the predator's intellect...PS

It looks awesome!And this is NO different than when Cameron designed the Alien Queen...he took the Alien design and made his own vision of it...as are the film designers here. Of course the Aliens will never have that Giger look and people will do their own flavor of it throughout but I like these new designs and especially this PredAlien.
I don't object to it because it's "new and different"... I think my problem with it is it doesn't flow very well. One of the things that appealed to me about Giger's original design (which was, let's face it, inspired by a *****) was how sinuous and sleek the xenomorphs looked, a trait largely carried over to the queen's long head shape despite her added bulk.

The Predalien is just too stocky. I think I would have liked the design better if the head had retained a long, sleek shape that transitioned to the "dreadlocks".

(Also, isn't it a little silly that "*****" (the medical name for male genitalia) is swear-word filtered?)

Last edited:
That is... silly... (I actually find the censorship more offensive than silly) maybe phallus works.

Am I the only one loving the wait the Predator is missing his left upper tooth/fang??? Like it was cut off in a battle, just makes him look real nasty!

I have the feeling this guy will be a nutso!

And the Predalien deservses a P!TU Style :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock out!

It wasn't cut off...it was burned off (Alien blood). There's a large burn scar going up the left side of his face. He's missing some dreads as well.

It wasn't cut off...it was burned off (Alien blood). There's a large burn scar going up the left side of his face. He's missing some dreads as well.

I didn't know that... I hope that's not in the movie, because, I was trying to remain relativily spoiler free on it. I do like the design though! Hope HT does this like justice!

I think his right eye is damaged, too. The NECA figure's is red.

Back