AVP:R Inside the Monster Shop Book "What you DIDN'T know..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The skinned predators are BS though, it's obviously hunting culture not instinct so why would the predalien do it? I heard he ripps out spines to, again same point (not to mention the dreads). Well, it came from those two hacks (Strauses) so no surprise there.
Actually, the skinned Predators bit was because the guys over at Fox wanted the Predalien to be more 'Predator-like' and to actually use Pred weaponry, the Strauses didn't like that so they managed to talk them out of that thought, but as an agreement, they made the skinned Predators to shut Fox up.

And the designs came from ADI, not the brothers.

There is actually a bit of this "Predalien doing the Pred bit" that you can (sorta) see in the film.

In the restaurant, when the pregnant girl comes back into the kitchen, the Predalien can be seen pulling the spine out of the cook.

This has be confirmed by Colin Strause.

I actually like this whole bit and hope they include the skinned Preds on the DVD. :D

There is actually a bit of this "Predalien doing the Pred bit" that you can (sorta) see in the film.

In the restaurant, when the pregnant girl comes back into the kitchen, the Predalien can be seen pulling the spine out of the cook.

I actually like this whole bit and hope they include the skinned Preds on the DVD. :D

I think they are going to. Read somewhere of an "Unrated" edition on release day...so there must be a tad more gore too. Not sure what's worse than popping heads. :lol

As do i dude, i liked that idea of skinning Preds give them a taste of their own medicine :p

Yeah i also liked that, i think the creature should be shown as a calculating hunter also with the need to hunt trophies. I think it had alot of Alien and not enough Predator likeness

Inside of Wolf Predator's mask:

View attachment 4824

DAMM!!!!!! if only sideshow's 1:1 scale wolf helmet is like diz on the inside.. i regret getting mine when i see diz.. soooo sad!!!!!:monkey2 :monkey2

nevertheless the book is a must have for avp fans... i'll be getting mine soon....

I just picked the book up !
A must have for all avp-r fans.
thanks for letting my know about the book.

DSC05910.jpg

DSC05911.jpg

OMG !! Cant help notice how tall the actor is. HOLY %#@$!&*

DSC05920.jpg

DSC05919.jpg

Last edited:

Actually I read that this won't be included on the DVD release. There are going to be some cool additions though. Evidently "The forthcoming DVD will have around 6-8 minutes of new footage, with more gore, and much more character development".

how much character development can you have with 6-8 minutes?:monkey1

Not a whole helluva allot...I wouldn't think! In reading that article I linked above if they cut 30 minutes for budget reasons (and it shows they did) from that movie, why not re edit it back in fro the DVD release? It would definitely make it a better movie than the final cut...plus explain some things people were wondering about like.... the Predator mothership and the Scout ship detaching, with the Scout ship crashing on earth. They'll prolly save that for later editions and milk this for all it's worth!

Back