Avengers VS X-Men

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
I work at a comic book store in Toronto and we had to choose our side so we went with the X-Men. Seems like this should be an interesting series, but so far everything I have read has been very 'meh', especially the 2nd issue. Too much happening in a small amount of time and a little ridiculous. As everyone has already mentioned, that fight underwater... come on.

Plus they had that "young" Apocalypse enrolled at Wolvie's school.
I just read up on it on wikia. The "young" Apocalypse (Genesis) at Wolvie's school is a clone created by Fatomex. I hope that it is just a matter of time before the genes inside the clone revert back to the bad a$$ that is true Apocalypse.

Last edited:
I just read up on it on wikia. The "young" Apocalypse (Genesis) at Wolvie's school is a clone created by Fatomex. I hope that it is just a matter of time before the genes inside the clone revert back to the bad a$$ that is true Apocalypse.

Here's a "what if" scenario, what if the clone does emerge as a good version & then the original Apocalypse shows up then ensuing battle occurs. Ends with original killing the good clone, ta-dah!

Future X-Men storyline, your welcome Marvel. :wink1:

The apocalypse X-force stuff is great. Definitely Recommend reading it.

:lecture

Yea.....
Spoiler Spoiler:
fighting namor in the water was actually pretty hilarious....they would absolutely get butchered :lol
As everyone has already mentioned, that fight underwater... come on.
Looking at posts on other comic-related forums, the overwhelming consensus is that the Namor fight underwater should have lasted 1-2 seconds tops. I honestly don't think Thing or Luke Cage would even touch him before being knocked a few miles into the atmosphere. Underwater, Namor's has knocked out the Hulk and his strength is virtually unlimited.

Result should have been: Thing launched into the atmosphere with the first punch and Luke Cage's unbreakable skin filled with broken bones right when he started talking back.

Namor in the water = Avengers never set foot on the beach.

Last edited:
I want to see Banner Hulk get in on the action. I've never liked Ross Hulk, and I didn't spot the original on the helicarrier. He was on the cover of a variant for the second issue fighting Emma, but something tells me he's not going to show up because he's not on an avengers team when this event takes place. Hope I'm wrong.

I understand why Cyclops and the X-Men feel the need to fight and defend themselves. But, I'm with Captain America and the Avengers.

Just finished AvX vs. #1 and Uncanny X-Men:

Spoiler Spoiler:

If next week's books aren't better, I am not buying anymore.

Last edited:
Just finished AvX vs. #1 and Uncanny X-Men:

Spoiler Spoiler:

If next week's books aren't better, I am not buying anymore.

Wait, what? The Uncanny that hit today had all of that???

My shop got UPS owned.

Wtf?!?? Glad I didnt buy any of the issues. I can't believe the outcome of the fights! :slap
Spoiler Spoiler:

Wait, what? The Uncanny that hit today had all of that???

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Just read Uncanny and AvX Vs.

Uncanny was alright. AvX Vs is complete silliness. Kinda fun though.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Avengers for me
I dont think anyone is going to win the battle
Although its fun to read I dont like the new style of art

The very first page of AvX VS. #1 it states that the books are not cannon nor part of continuity.

The full quote:

Q: So this is part of a big event book that is the centerpiece of the Marvel Universe, with continuity connectivity to all corners of the super hero world?

A: NOPE! This book is about AWESOME BRAWLING! You want PLOT? LOOK ELSEWHERE, CHUM. You want a KNOCK-DOWN, DRAG-OUT WHUPPIN'? WE GOT YOU COVERED.

I'm not sure why they're cheapening their book like that. Marvel has done ten times crazier things that ARE cannon. :slap

Fun reads, though :)

it thin they mean that AvX VS is just the fighting. if you wanted to know why they are fighting then you have to read the other comics. at least that how i interpreted:dunno

then why are they bringing back the phoenix during the thing. that'll be part of continuity won't it?

The regular books (AvX, X-Men, Avengers, etc) are part of continuity/cannon; the AvX VS books are not.

From the first page of VS.
Q: So this is part of a big event book that is the centerpiece of the Marvel Universe, with continuity connectivity to all corners of the super hero world?

A: NOPE! This book is about AWESOME BRAWLING! You want PLOT? LOOK ELSEWHERE, CHUM. You want a KNOCK-DOWN, DRAG-OUT WHUPPIN'? WE GOT YOU COVERED.

Back