Avengers VS X-Men

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
This event is a great place to start if you're remotely familiar with Phoenix, actually. Nothing is too out of whack in the Marvel U: Steve Rogers is Cap, Osborn doesn't control the U.S, Asgard isn't floating 2 feet above earth, ect. Only thing you might find curious is Wolverine on the other side, in which you'd have to pick up Schism to know why :)

Well there's a handful that you could pick up in collected trades.

- Avengers Disassembled
- House Of M
- X-Men: Messiah Complex
- X-Men: 2nd Coming
- X-Men: Schism
- Avengers: X-Sactioned

The 1st four on that list explains as to why the whole mutant populace is in the situation it is now & Schism tackles as to how the current line-up of the X-Men is at the moment. Lastly X-Sactioned is a prelude to the coming event. Hope that helps.

sweet thanks for the recommendation guys :rock

Looks like it gonna be Iron Man VS Magneto on the 1st issue.

avengers-vs-x-men-versus-20120326114350276-000.jpg

^ unless iron man becomes "plastic man" he's in for an ass whoopin' :lol

I am sure Iron Man will have some type of ceramic/plastic/etc type of armor and weapons...but even if he was 100% nonmetal, I don't think he would stand a rat's ass of a chance against Magneto. Magneto has the power to tweak the electromagnetic grid, can easily lift over 30,000 tons of metal, can control subatomic magnetic fields, and his shield can withstand several nuclear weapons. Unless Marvel really 'cheats', this should be an easy win for Magneto.

I think this series is going to bring me out of comic-book retirement. :lol

As much as I'd like the X-Men to win, it wouldn't really matter as long as the story is well done. Just my opinion.

Seems like the Thing will be going against Namor at the same time as IM VS Mags.
avx005-600.jpg

avx001-600.jpg

Bad enough that Namor is one tough badass but fighting him underwater is just suicide. :lol

jesus christ, how many covers do they have to do just for one issue of this thing? $$$$$$$$$

X-Men FTW!

As a group, they have better stories throughout the years. The Avengers were really bad-ass metahumans grouped together. No team in comic-dom is better than the X-Men. :)

Just read issue 0. Pretty cool I guess.

The lcs had three covers. The regular for $3.99, one with Phoenix for like $40, and another that looked like it would have been a wrap around for $15.

Got the wrap-around for $3.99. Not sure how much I'll get into this event as far as tangent books go. With Fear Itself, I only got the main books (thank god). Since this sucker is a good 12 (13) issues long, I think I'll stick to the main event again.

Just finished #0. Looks like Scarlet Witch is gonna enter the fray down the road. Wouldn't it be funny if the Phoenix Force isn't even coming to earth for Hope but a different host?

Back