Avengers The Kang Dynasty - May 2, 2025

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah-ha! I wondered why your proper avatar didn't appear. My native "o" isn't good enough for you.
What am I, some kind of pleb that uses the same letters arranged in the same exact combinations as everyone else? Tsk, tsk, tsk...

BowedLinedKangaroo-max-1mb.gif

I remember when Age of Ultron, Civil War, and Infinity War were announced years in advance and it was all so exciting.

I'm almost embarrassed for Feige at this point that he thinks that there's a shred of hype or anticipation over the idea of the current line-up facing Kang in 2025, lol.

This becomes a bit of a math problem, IMHO.

Limited Room Left To Take Their Character Somewhere (Also they are mostly straight white males in the MCU) -

Thor - Chris Hemsworth
Loki - Tom Hiddleston
Doctor Strange - Benedict Cumberbatch (I'd assess him as miscast more than anything...)
Spider-Man - Tom Holland
Hawkeye #1 - Jeremy Renner

Performers Incapable Of Elevating The Material -

Captain America - Anthony Mackie
Winter Soldier / Bucky - Sebastian Stan
Captain Marvel - Brie Larson
Hulk - Mark Ruffalo
Ant-Man - Paul Rudd
Wasp - Evangeline Lilly
Black Panther - Letitia Wright
War Machine - Don Cheadle
Shang-Chi - Simu Liu
Monica Rambeau - Teyonah Parris
Cassie Lang - Kathryn Newton

Good Actors But Odds Of Being Featured Are Low -

Wong - Benedict Wong
Ms Marvel - Iman Vellani
She-Hulk - Tatiana Maslany
Hawkeye - Hailee Steinfeld

There are only so many minutes of screen time and the film will be almost forced to feature Anthony Mackie, Simu Liu and Letitia Wright for "heading" their individual franchises. If you bring back Thor, you risk Hemsworth demanding his IRL daughter "Love" to be another feature player.

IMHO, that forces Florence Pugh to be the main hope to save the film. She'll fill the ESG slot mostly. She has enough cache and critical acclaim to get featured. Her character, Yelena, still has a lot of room for development. Pugh can elevated the material given to her. She's a legitimately good actress.

I hate to say this, but Feige needs to treat like the 80's Transformers movie where nearly all the legacy Autobots were massacred in the first 20 minutes. There's a lot of bloat now in the MCU. A lot of characters that just aren't working out and aren't helping the entire slate move forward.

I can see why Whedon was frustrated with Age Of Ultron. So many checkboxes needed to get ticked off, there wasn't much room left for him to actually make a fully formed film that would stand completely on it's own.

What's the consensus on when the MCU started it's decline? Is it after Far From Home?

edit: Endgame, Far From Home '19 > Covid '20 > Wandavision, Falcon & Winter Soldier '21. I think I've just answered my own question. :lol

Last edited:
The MCU declined after Avengers Endgame. It's literally in the title. Simply poetic.... :lol

I wonder if behind the scenes it was a private joke with the Russo's and how they chose the title for the film. They new it would all come crashing down after their grand finale. They either killed off (Cap, Iron Man, Black Widow) or destroyed (Thor & Hulk) the legacy characters, Disney/Feige was still waring with Sony over future Spider-Man rights/use, all the creatives were gone or leaving, and they had to be in the know about all the future DEI choices going on internally with future projects and where Hollywood in general was headed.

There was literally no one left to pick up the pieces or anyone able to influence or change all the bad choices they were moving forward with. Or any strong actors/characters to lead the franchise.

The MCU & the destruction of Star Wars should be included in future teachings in college level business classes about what NOT to do to destroy IP's by alienating their core fan base and supporters for decades, and losing billions of dollars... :slap

The MCU declined after Avengers Endgame..... They new it would all come crashing down after their grand finale.

I'd wager a much larger problem is Disney Plus.

Every project now is almost forced to create two or three backdoor pilots ( Echo, Agatha, etc) and support some much larger overall story arc ( i.e. Kang) You just can't pump out this much new material, this quickly, and keep up the general quality.

I'd wager a much larger problem is Disney Plus.

Every project now is almost forced to create two or three backdoor pilots ( Echo, Agatha, etc) and support some much larger overall story arc ( i.e. Kang) You just can't pump out this much new material, this quickly, and keep up the general quality.
You could pump out that much and have high quality, just so long as you have it properly planned out and focus on good writing. Disney-Marvel know not what good planning and writing are.

What's the consensus on when the MCU started it's decline? Is it after Far From Home?

edit: Endgame, Far From Home '19 > Covid '20 > Wandavision, Falcon & Winter Soldier '21. I think I've just answered my own question. :lol
IMO the decline started with IW. The Russos have said one of their biggest regrets was not having more time. Add to that, the supposed "collaborative" approach that had other directors involved resulting in an uneven film. Still, there was enough epicness and performances. Then there's when the real crack showed up with the messaging and disrespect of Captain Marvel, whose writers claim to fame was a cartoon snowball or some %#$.

Then there was End Game which was all Russos and their writers, but suffered from rehash and the Russos making it a love letter to the Avengers as one critic put it. Also from messaging e.g. girl power.

IMO films suffer from studio interference, putting messaging over story, and Hollywood's move to hire cheaper, inexperienced writers. Also trying to save money with bad CGI.

There's still gems like Loki, but there's YTubers saying the same - quality writing and directing. A rumor is Mackie's CA is being reshot because it tested badly. With the TFAWS showrunner in charge, not surprised if it's true.

Back