Avengers - The Infinity War a.k.a The Hot Toys Reckoning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Money shot for Team Cap

391c4zpz3y001.png

Hum,
The costumes are rinse and repeat of the previous movies. Thankfully except for the black order we might be able to skip this movie all together

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Now might be the time to buy a Vision figure. Theyre probably killing him off....

Yeah, I thought of that. I like Vision. Tho I wonder if the trailer is a misdirect e.g. Vision is attacked but Wanda is able to save him. The Russos have said she was the most powerful in Civil War and just growing into her powers. She might have the ability to fight off Corvius Glave. We never see the Mind Stone pried loose. E.g. the hotel room is after the attack in the film.

Hum,
The costumes are rinse and repeat of the previous movies. Thankfully except for the black order we might be able to skip this movie all together

But, I think the design lines are iconic for the characters in the comic art. The details will change but the character silhouette stays. And for me it's also whether I like the character in a given film.

I do think a lot of the best looks will be in IW2.

Hum,

My thoughts exactly, just variations, most of them really dull, nothing really calling to me. Might get a couple black order and be done with it. It'll a nice rest for the ol' wallet for a change.

Yeah, I thought of that. I like Vision. Tho I wonder if the trailer is a misdirect e.g. Vision is attacked but Wanda is able to save him. The Russos have said she was the most powerful in Civil War and just growing into her powers. She might have the ability to fight off Corvius Glave. We never see the Mind Stone pried loose. E.g. the hotel room is after the attack in the film.

The hotel room is actually more likely to be before the attack - in Wanda's close up in the trailer, she isn't showing any facial damage, cuts, etc, like she is in different shots in the trailer during the fight.

Figures wise, my plan remains the same: Bucky, Steve, Wanda. Clint if he has a new costume, otherwise I might hold out for
Spoiler Spoiler:

Money shot for Team Cap

391c4zpz3y001.png

lol "money shot" as in Cha-ching for Hot Toys!

But actually, for me I think I might only be interested in Bucky since I missed out on both the WS version and didn't feel the CW had enough gear.

Cap is a maybe, but only after I see the movie and a pro-type that wins me over.

I'll pick up a solo Black Panther figure (I'm assuming they will make one)

I'm still happy with my WS Black Widow

The rest look pretty close to the same of what I already have. Which I kinda like for the sake of continuity between films.

I may want some of the figures based on versions of characters not in this shot though... we'll see.

Link's not working.

As for Vision, one of the Lego sets seemingly spoils what happens to him.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well, my original plan hasn't changed after the trailer. :) Still getting Cap, Bucky and Nat, Nebula and Teenage Groot if they make them ... only now I want Okoye too. XD

I'll need to sell some figures or ... I dunno ... I might have a space problem too. XD

I can't really tell if War Machine's armor looks any different than it did in Civil War... The helmet looks the same. I'm sure it would sell well if they re-release Mark 3 under the Infinity War banner since I see a lot of people missed out... I gotta be honest, even if there are just minor changes, i'm still going to get it if HT makes it. :lol

I also may literally weep if they kill Rhodey...

I can't really tell if War Machine's armor looks any different than it did in Civil War... The helmet looks the same. I'm sure it would sell well if they re-release Mark 3 under the Infinity War banner since I see a lot of people missed out... I gotta be honest, even if there are just minor changes, i'm still going to get it if HT makes it. :lol

I also may literally weep if they kill Rhodey...

I like it when they don't change the costume every movie (except for Tony where it's consistent with his character to constantly upgrade.) Some upgrades for War Machine will make sense though given that Rhodey likely needs the exoskeleton of the suit to walk; but I suppose such an upgrade isn't necessarily outwardly visible.

I don't think they will kill Rhodey. 1. It's to close to his near fatal fall in his last appearance. 2. I think if they kill off anyone it will to be a more central character.

I can't stop watching the trailer... I made a list of characters I would get figures of from this movie (if they get made). I'm gonna need to crunch the numbers to make this work.:lol

All In:
Nomad Cap
Spider-Man
Blond Natasha
Thor (Multiple versions perhaps?)
Iron Man (Mk. 51?)
War Machine
Nebula
Drax (If proportions are better)
Bucky
T'Challa (In Wakandan garb, not panther suit)
Tony Stark (Tech hoodie with new arc reactor)
Loki (Assuming HT doesn't make one of him in his Black/Green gear from Ragnarok, I can't stand the blueish green and yellow outfit)

Probably:
Clint
Hulkbuster Mk.2
Mr. Doctor (His outfit didn't change much, so maybe they won't make another one. I should probably just get the solo movie figure while I still can. I'm holding out for the gloves)
Cull Obsidian (Need more villains, but he big)
Proxima Midnight
Ebony Maw
Corvus Glaive
Bruce Banner (It's about time he gets an update)
Falcon (I passed on the CW version because I figured his suit would get another upgrade for IW. It seems I was mistaken. I'd still like him in my collection.)

Maybe:
Ant-Man (I'm pretty satisfied with his Civil War design, but the new one does look nice too)
Thanos (I'm not to keen on the un-armored look, but he may armor up later. I'll cross that bridge when we come to it.)
Star-Lord (If it looks noticably different than Vol.2 star munch, then I will probably want it.)
Black Panther (looks the same as the solo movie suit, but time will tell)
Wong (would they make one of him? I'd probably want it if the likeness is good)
Teen Groot (i'd get him, but not if he comes with rocket. his look didn't change from vol.2)

Long Shot:
Mantis (Just not that interested in the character)
Wanda (I really only want one figure of her, and the Age of Ultron New Avengers version is fine, but if it looks real good I may reconsider)
Vision (I'm not interested in a human version of vision, and his basic outfit looks nearly the same still. I'm happy with the AoU version unless there's something remarkable about the IW version)

Probably Not:
Hulk (I have too many already)
Gamora (the first one is enough for me)

Did I leave anyone out? I didn't include any other wakandans because I want to see Black Panther before I make that decision.

Last edited:
Back