Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want, but there too many items that I want more. But I might get if more money becomes available.

It looks good, I'll get but after I see some in hand pics (hopefully no QC issues). About the shoulder thing, I don't know, but maybe it will look different when the ammo pack removed! It doesn't bother me anyway.

As with every statue/bust/diorama that Sideshow release, its all about personal opinions. I think for all fans of Iron Man this is a great chance to own a full scale bust from the latest armour used in the Avengers. For those, like myself, who missed out on the original Mark III 1:1 Scale Bust and the Battle Damaged Version, this new Mark VII Bust will be welcomed with open arms. Do i prefer it more than the Mark III Bust? Well, although the Mark III does look special, the Mark VII just looks more upgraded in terms of appearance compared to the Mark III.

Just like the War Machine 1:1 Bust, it has the added bonus of the arc reactor and has a sense of bulkiness to it when viewing the bust from the side which i kinda like too. This is also another positive for me as i believe both the Mark VII and War Machine Busts will go very well together. Yes, it would have been fantastic to have the shoulders attached but Sideshow had decided to leave them out - i dont think it really takes anything away from the bust overall in my opinion. It is what it is....

As for the base, very strange that Sideshow decided to make it look incredibly weathered compared to the Mark III and War Machine releases. Just wondering if they chose to do this due to the problems of peeling paint from the base on the Mark III bust? At least this way a completely weathered base would make it more difficult to tell if the same thing happened again? I'm not too fussed about it, personally it would have been better to continue with the same colour theme as the others - at least they keeped the same design i suppose so that those who have all the existing Iron Man and War Machine busts will all look great together!

With that said, i would gladly have paid the extra $$$$ to see the Mark IV Legendary Scale Bust released instead as a 1:1 Bust - now that would be QUALITY! :banana

Last edited:
Decided to pass on this in the end, not a fan of the entire area below the head :lol

Think I'll stick to the Mark VI LSB if anything...

Just noticed this!

I wonder why they didn't show a picture of the bust with the ammo packs removed? I'd really like to see how that looks.

The only thing that bothers me here is that when there are no shadows present, like in that very first photo, his head looks too long and actually appears to be somewhat detached from his chest armor, like it's not all part of the same suit/armor.

I wonder if people will be selling their original Mark III bust for this. I wouldn't mind picking up one for me since I missed out on the first release. This one looks great, but to me, it doesn't look as realistic as the first 2. Can't put my finger on why, I think it has something to do with the color.

sideshowironmanbust.jpg

400190_press01-001.jpg

I like the mark III bust much better. It looks more natural.

Can't wait to get this in! I just got the war machine 1:1 and Im ready to have the mar VII to match!

***tip for some of you guys with bust or statues that light up***

I got my war machine last week and I loved it but wanted to figure out how to not have to turn the light on to show people etc.

I found this: https://www.sensorplug.com/

With this it basically makes the bust motion sensor like some of the newer statues that have that function.

It works amazing and I really can't wait to have the mark VII hooked up to it so they can both light up at the same time when I enter the room!

Don't quite understand the criticism of the lack of shoulders?

The original Mark III, battle damage, II, etc didn't have shoulders either?

The ammo pack makes him a little bulky, ok, but they are removable.

The Arc Reactor is just a lit up LED circle but so was the one on War Machine . . .

I have the 1:2 scale maquette and it's incredible, one of my favorite pieces but to be sure the arc reactor is simple and cheap looking there but doesn't diminish from the overall impression of the piece.

I owned the Mark III and had to send it back for a full refund when my first one's paint cracked and disintegrated at the base. My replacement was a return from another customer and had a chip on the shoulder.

I owned and displayed mine for about 6 months. Was it great? Yes but it was far from perfect. The base was hollow, the bust top heavy, the paint job so-so with imperfections even before the fiasco with the peeling paint. The lack of an arc reactor was very disappointing and was rightly criticized at the time.

Now we have a clean slate with a Mark VII Avengers with an arc reactor and hopefully better paint apps and better quality control.

I wonder if people will be selling their original Mark III bust for this. I wouldn't mind picking up one for me since I missed out on the first release. This one looks great, but to me, it doesn't look as realistic as the first 2. Can't put my finger on why, I think it has something to do with the color.

sideshowironmanbust.jpg

400190_press01-001.jpg

the Mark III is a sleeker looking armor, and head is slightly different in shape. The chest plate just looks off when it's added to this. It just doesn't flow like the WM bust.

I think the MKIII ____s all over this. It's too boxy like the WM bust except it is like an Iron Man moomoo and it needs shoulders.

Back