Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (April 27, 2018)

Except these aren't like TV shows where you see people every week. Years have gone by in these people's lives. They are in completely new places in them.

Isn't that what I said? That it's an impossible task to show every day of their lives? It didn't seem to me that any character at all was in a different place in their lives. They were all right where we left them on their own individual paths from the previous movies. Cap & Tony still aren't talking. Cap is still a do gooder, Stark is still an egotistical narcissistic ass that won't admit what he did in CW was wrong and Cap was right. Widow & Falcon are still following Cap. The Government still considers Cap & his pals fugitives and criminals. Rhodey is still General Ross lackey as he is a military man, whether he agrees or not. Bucky was awoken only after his request that he was "healed" as seen at the end of BP. Drax still wants to kill Thanos. Quill & Gamorra are still doing their relationship dance. Groot is now a teenager. Rocket is still Rocket. Nebula wants to kill Thanos. Peter is still an inexperienced kid in high school trying to figure things out. Vision & Wanda are still trying to figure out their feelings for each other & how/if it can work. Strange & Wong are still the protectors of our dimension. It's all there. what your asking for would mean another Iron Man movie, Cap movie, Spider-Man movie, Strange movie, GOTG movie, a Scarlet Witch & Vision movie, Black Panther movie with Bucky, all ending on the same day that IW starts. Thor Ragnarok is the closest movie that feels like a direct lead in, cause it was. There may be some holes here and there, but nothing of significance to me. I didn't need to see Tony & Pepper's romance blossoming to the point of marriage and having a baby.

Age of Ultron, Civil War, and Avengers had plenty to of times when the action slowed down to let the rharacters breathe a bit. 80% of the 1st Avengers (still considered the best one), the farm and party scene in AOU, nice Tony and Cap moments in Civil War, ect. Actually I was surprised how well those films managed to give everyone time to shine while still delivering the action.

Yes because there was a fraction of the characters that are in IW. And your listing group moments, not individual moments. Meanwhile at the same time people complain that the villain Ultron (like most Marvel movie Villains up until IW with Thanos) wasn't developed enough at the expense of the heroes characterizations. IW is Thanos' movie. He was the star.

This is more like having the big battle episodes of Game of Thrones being the only episode of the season, and then saying the characters, how they got to the battlefield, or how they feel about this particular battle doesn't really matter.

But its not. There were 8 - 10 hours of episodes over a few days leading to that, just like 17 movies leading to this. And you can't do that in movies. Some time needs to pass. Again, that's what I said. Ignoring every episode of the season and just watching the 2 part finale. IW is the 2 part finale of 10 years of storytelling, but we haven't seen part 2 yet. The next Phase 4 will be and feel completely different as said by Feige.

I will add I respect people finding flaws and not liking IW. And I enjoy reading their comments as to why, even if I disagree. Just like in TLJ with all the people who can overlook those flaws, which to me are glaring and jarring and much worse than anything possibly in IW. IW didn't ruin or change anything set up over the past 10 years.

I enjoyed it, and it's fine to me that some do not. Unlike the TLJ thread where the "lovers" defended it to death and chose to throw insults, I will not do that to those that disliked IW. But maybe try to explain why I liked it and how I could easily overlook it's flaws.

And like JAWS said, we still haven't seen part 2. Better to wait till the conclusion as to say whether IW was a hit or a miss. AS of now, I thoroughly enjoyed Part 1. That could change if Part 2 drops the ball. Just like SW. I liked TFA, but TLJ has diminished my enjoyment to the point I choose to no longer want to watch it again. Perhaps EP9 will change that, but only time will tell.

No more rants from me... I loved IW and am looking forward to seeing it again. :yess:

Unlike the TLJ thread where the "lovers" defended it to death and chose to throw insults...

This reminds me, I can't wait to read Khev's thoughts on this. He'll either defend it to death and blatantly ignore any obvious criticisms like TLJ or he'll be the party-pooper like he was in the BP thread. :lol

"Muhhh action!" :panic:

My first viewing Thurs night was with a predominately white crowd it was just an ok excitement level of participation nothing bad but not awesome like it should’ve been for a first showing with supposedly hardcore MCU geeks.

Second viewing lastnight was now with a half white and half black and latino crowd and the half black latino side elevated that screening into an incredible audience experience that matched the excitement level on the screen damn it was awesome.

I’m going to start avoiding all white screenings you whiteys are too conservative for my geek tastes I mean don’t get me wrong you’re great for forum discussions but super weak at showing your love for these characters in a live group setting.

You are what Trump refers to as “Low Energy!” lol

Yup this was my opening night crowd :lol

95A961AD-3B9E-4603-AFF0-8C4C0955B4BF.jpeg

My first viewing Thurs night was with a predominately white crowd it was just an ok excitement level of participation nothing bad but not awesome like it should’ve been for a first showing with supposedly hardcore MCU geeks.

Second viewing lastnight was now with a half white and half black and latino crowd and the half black latino side elevated that screening into an incredible audience experience that matched the excitement level on the screen damn it was awesome.

I’m going to start avoiding all white screenings you whiteys are too conservative for my geek tastes I mean don’t get me wrong you’re great for forum discussions but super weak at showing your love for these characters in a live group setting.

I loathe theatre crowds. Fans or not.

just might as well avoid white people while you are at it

the last jedi brainwash is fully complete on jye at a 100% level

Does this film have any memorable or potential iconic moments? Are there any quotable lines? I've only seen it once, so it's all a blur right now for me.

just might as well avoid white people while you are at it

the last jedi brainwash is fully complete on jye at a 100% level

Umm that makes no sense not one black or latino turned out for TLJ. :lol

Nonetheless i’m impressed with your 0-60 triggered speed :lol

Last edited:

Speaking of which, did anyone else notice that...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Damn Chakor I thought I was bad but you even know which Chitauri is which now that’s impressive....impressively insane that is.

Damn Chakor I thought I was bad but you even know which Chitauri is which now that’s impressive....impressively insane that is.

Spoiler Spoiler:

can someone post a spoiler and tell me if Wong survived the snap? thanks!

Back