AVENGERS: assemble now or assemble later?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I would do:
- Nowdays I have one Mark III (HT) and one pre-order Mark IV in coming. Maybe I'll sell the III.
-I think that buy another Iron man, Mark VI, is a waste of money, cause on avengers it will change.
-I will not buy any Thor or Captain America HT now, is obvious that they will change, so I'm going to wait for the avenger's movie.

I'm talking about Hot Toys :rotfl

I would wait. It sounds like that's what your leaning toward to or at least til the movies come out so you can see the costumes in context. I think that once you see it in the actual movie it can change your opinion on them (good or bad).

I've been contemplating this as well. I am wondering if I should order the HT Thor and upcoming Captain America or wait until the Avengers movie comes out and then order all characters?

If you're on the fence, wait until the movies are out.
I'm sure you'll have a much better idea by then.

I'm not sure, but I think the Thor figure may be released at the same time as the movie.

well as far as waiting to see if the costumes will be different, then you may have to wait for the second avengers movie....they're filming in april and have just finished filming on both captain america and thor, so i don't expect that they're going to change the costumes a great deal, definitely not thor as his costume is pretty much close to the original design as i imagine we'll get, captain america will possibly get a bit of a spruce up, but i don't imagine he'll look dissimilar to the version we've seen...iron man will probably get a slightly newer look as he goes through costumes like no one's business in the movies (hulkbuster armour anyone?) also while there have been different directors on each film, marvel have been keeping a close eye on keeping a continuity throughout the films, so the point i'm trying to make in a long winded fashion is that i don't see there being a difference in the costumes from theire solo films to the avengers.

grinningsmile I disagree. I am positive they will change the costumes. Remember this is a separate movie. They are not trying to make it Iron man 3 or CA or Thor sequels. Plus the production crew is different. Different artists in makeup and costume. I just cant see everyone keeping it as is. I really think we will see new spins on Thor and Iron man and of course Cap who we havent even seen his modern look yet. They might keep the basic elements but surely some details will be different.

I would get it now first, just in case HT doesn't even make the Avengers version or the new versions actually doesn't look good. I would get them now and like others have said, sell them if a better version come out. You'll still make your money back if not more by that time since Hot Toys figures seems to jump in value quite a bit.

i honestly don't see them changing thor very much to be honest, i guess captain america might get a slight update, although i don't think it'll be wildly different from the version we've seen so far....and as for iron man, like i said before if there's gonna be a new armour in the avengers it'll be the hulkbuster armour.....as it's all but been confirmed that he's the reason the group get together in the first place. And as for different artists etc working on the production, marvel films have been using the same group of production artists and crew since iron man and the incredible hulk, the only major differences are the directors and the dp's, and if i remember correctly kevin feige said that he wanted to have a continuity running through all the marvel films from now on...hence why certain characters are crossing over into other movies. To be fair though...if you're a marvel fan, and you can afford them, pretty much all the high end collectible stuff is awesome....so buy what you like....it's all down to personal preference in the end anyway....if you don't buy the ones out now and wait...and then the newer versions aren't to your liking, then you might have to pay a premium to pick the older pieces up.

I'm thinking the HT Avengers line could involve making characters they haven't done yet, with the exception of Iron Man. My guess is Nick Fury, Hawkeye, the Hulk and an Iron Man Mark VII would take up the first spots in the line. Its possible an updated Cap and Thor may not show until Cap 2 and Thor 2. I'm not expecting the Cap and Thor costumes in the Avengers to be a whole lot different but I could be wrong. I'm thinking the Avengers Thor costume will probably be close to being exactly the same as what we have seen.

Why the heck would you think they wouldnt change Captain America's costume in the Avengers? This is a WWII outfit of course he will be updated. If they dont they need a new director.

The only reason I would think Caps outfit would be close to the same is Nick Fury might think that if he is going to be effective as the symbol from history people remember he ought to look somewhat the same. I'm also wondering if recycling customs will save some on the film's budget to make it more epic in other areas.

This movie has a huge budget. They arent going to skimp on something as important as the characters look. They also said they didnt want it to be a sequel to any of the previous films, meaning it will be original in a lot of ways.

I really hope their costumes are different than what they wore in their respective movies even just a little would be good. I think it would be worse if they didn't change. The director would get a lot more negative press about that, I would think.

Even after they change the costume in the Avengers movie, they will change it again in the next sequel in Cap2/Thor2/Ironman3/ Avengers2, and update it yet again in the next one in Cap3 / Avengers 3 etc, etc...

You will never get the most updated version for more than 2 years until we're hit with the next sequel and a new version comes along , they will just keep updating the suits until the whole movie franchise is dead and gets a reboot or whatever. That's part of how Marvel gets people to buy their new merchandise in the first place. So if you like the latest version now, get it and don't worry much about it being replaced, because that's inevitable.

plus, holding out on an HT release that you like is almost always a bad idea. If you don't get it during the release, you're probably not going to be paying retail for it if you change your mind later.

Last edited:
Even after they change the costume in the Avengers movie, they will change it again in the next sequel in Cap2/Thor2/Ironman3/ Avengers2, and update it yet again in the next one in Cap3 / Avengers 3 etc, etc...

You will never get the most updated version for more than 2 years until we're hit with the next sequel and a new version comes along , they will just keep updating the suits until the whole movie franchise is dead and gets a reboot or whatever. That's part of how Marvel gets people to buy their new merchandise in the first place. So if you like the latest version now, get it and don't worry much about it being replaced, because that's inevitable.

plus, holding out on an HT release that you like is almost always a bad idea. If you don't get it during the release, you're probably not going to be paying retail for it if you change your mind later.
:lecture Sounds right to me.

Yes thats exactly right. Its a marketing point for Marvel and Im sure the production team wants a different feel for each movie. Some might be subtle changes but I think some will be a lot different. I hope the Hulk is. I just think the two movies really fell short of what I wanted to see.

Did someone say Avengers Assemble!!!????

CollectionJune2010025.jpg

Back