Australian Shipping Costs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LintHart

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've posted this in another thread without any success so i'm going to try again.

So like so many here, i'm freaking out about potential shipping costs to australia so i have a question for those who have been through the pain before.

if a HT 12" - 14" figure costs an average of $90 to ship, how much does 2 or 3 cost to ship?

I've ordered Iron Man MKII ex, Predator Ex and Dutch Ex and i'm hoping they all arrive within 30 days of each other so i can have them shipped together so i'm just wondering
if shipping becomes more reasonable when ordering multiple items as opposed to a single figure.

im hoping shipping is more like $150-160 for 3 figures rather than $270 it will cost individually.

i'm hoping someone who has had multiples shipped can give me some insight.
thanks guys.

Linton

yeah shipping to oz is a ^^^^^!

From my expereince it has always been cheaper to buy newly released items here by contacting sellers like figures direct or popcultcha when u hear about the release of an item and get a price - companies always sell cheaper when they know you are going to buy an item they are importing and their shipping is so much less than ours.
for example i got indy PF for $400 AU inclusive of postage here in Aust when buying it from the US would have cost me almost $580.

I have also found it cheaper to buy from overseas on ebay when older items come up (even with the shipping) as they sell for so much less than here - i got ash PF for $300 AU inclusive of shipping on ebay from the US.

As far as muliply shipping goes all companies say it's cheaper for muliple items - what is SS policy? u should read that first or contact them directly to ask before buying in future.

Anyways good luck with the items - and in the end u forget about the price after a while and just look at the statues and so 'how cool are they'.

Yeah i usually get all my HT from Joe here on the forums which costs me heaps less than buying from the shops here because he has wickedly cheap shipping rates but i've never had a SSC EX before so i'm just trying to find out if its worth it from people who've done large shipments

Yeah, shipping costs suck, but that's the burden we bear. Having multiple items shipped, at once, is the way to go.

You say you're only really interested in the exclusives. Depending on what your interests are I guess multiple items is possible, for me, I've usually found the exclusive I want is the only one I have wanted. Sideshow will only hold your shipment a couple of weeks, to combine an item you have on order, that happens to be arriving in the warehouse in that time frame. On those occasions I have bought another regular item, just to try and make it cost effective. Fed ex is more expensive, but Sideshow has a choice of a second option, so email them to ensure your order will be shipped by the cheaper method.

Yeah, Its now affecting my collecting terribly... With the AUD only buying .66 US cents is hard to justify a lot of my orders...

I really hope Sideshow can offer a BBTS style "Pile my loot" service...

Yeah i usually get all my HT from Joe here on the forums which costs me heaps less than buying from the shops here because he has wickedly cheap shipping rates but i've never had a SSC EX before so i'm just trying to find out if its worth it from people who've done large shipments

I am looking at getting a few HTs - who is Joe and how do i buy from him???

Joe goes by the handle of Mista305 and he has a few threads in the dealers section under commerce. Send him a PM (type mista305 in the box) and introduce yourself and what you're after and he'll send you prices and shipping costs. He doesn't require cash upfront for preorders or charge cancellation fees. Accepts Paypal.

He's very responsive with replying as soon as he can.

Just got shipping cost on the Predator on Horse Statue.

$139.99 USD:horror

I will have to bite the bullet on this as i want this for my collection:gun

geez that is pricey!!!!! So ur adding like another $180 to the price that needs to be converted too! What ever happened to the Aussie dollar - it was so good there (for a few seconds)!

My waitlist for the Namor exclusive comiquette converted, and I added it up, and the shipping would have come to around $150USD. So, I cancelled. It's not worth it for him. I want it, but he's not worth $150 shipping.

I'll find one on e-bay for cheaper.

The internaional shipping costs is getting scarier by the day. With this kind of costs for air freight, no wonder people worldwide are using less and less of air service.

And an International Air Transport Association (IATA) report a couple of days ago complained that international air freight volume has dropped by 26% in Dec 08 and IATA urged more use of air cargo service. With rates like these, who would dare to use air freight?

I've contacted sideshow twice now about shipping costs for the samaritan 1:1 to Australia and both times have had no reply? Has anyone had this problem or got a tip for me as to how i can get a shipping quote for an 'in stock' item??

I've contacted sideshow twice now about shipping costs for the samaritan 1:1 to Australia and both times have had no reply? Has anyone had this problem or got a tip for me as to how i can get a shipping quote for an 'in stock' item??

Yes. They've only replied to 2 of my e-mails out about 50! WTF SS? Yeah, ignore your international customers. :rolleyes:

Do they have a flexi-pay system?

No, not that I'm aware of, but you maybe able to do an initial deposit and then a month late pay in full. Worth an email either way.

Daliman: If its something thats in stock and around the place at the moment, then your likely to get better shipping deals from some of the US dealers, unless its a website exclusive. Maybe give Adam a email https://store.darkshadowcollectibles.com/ and see if he can get it, he has good prices on shipping to Australia, I know, I've purchased from him myself.

As for general Air shipping, you'd think with fuel prices dropping so much lately, it would be getting cheaper, but I guess not. Tho at the same time, our sinking dollar isn't helping, so, all in all, do yourself a favour and put the money into your mortgage, will save you in the long run.

looks like all over seas folk get F'd in the A with shipping costs then :monkey4:monkey4 you americans dont know how good you got it :monkey2

I know :lol
And they complain when they have to pay $50 for a PF. We have to pay $50 for a ^^^^in 1/6 figure.

Once again. FedEx can suck my balls.

Back