Attn: Custom Artists!! Newbs, ask Questions here!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone give me some tips on sculpting the actual skin texture of a human face?

I'm sculpting this creature from Dr Who (an Axon), and although it is a "smooth" design there is nevertheless the inherent texture of the skin, the slight goosebumps etc.

claws04.jpg

Possibly achieving this sort of texturing is too ambitious for me, but I just wondered if anyone had any tips?

Hi freakz can anyone give me some advice on recasting 1/6 heads?

This is not for profit but for some custom projects of my own.

Basically I want to recast a itallion stallion head I have as I have a few projects I want to use it for but do not want to pay out for 3 original heads.

I have a Sauron statue with the horns (the taller ones) broken off or split. Wires show through in places, a factory defect I believe. I am looking for someone who could professionally repair it. It seems a shame to toss it as the rest of the statue is mint, but it bothers me every time I see it. If anyone out there can seriously help me with this or point me in the right direction, just let me know how and how much. Thanks. :ogat

I had the same problem when my wife thought it would be fun to sit her cell phone on saurons helmet. It fell to the floor and 3 of the spike brok off at different lengths.
I bought some aves apoxie sculpt and resculpted the spikes. After it hardend I used sand paper to smooth the apoxie sculpt down until I could not feel a bump from the spike to the sculpt.

The paint is a 1:1 mix of black and charcoal grey and it is a perfect match. Then I used games workshops "chainmail" silver to add the dings in the spikes.

I can no longer tell were the spikes broke on the helmet.

Hi to all I'am Flavio from Florence I have a problem with my custom future project,I have already bought hot toys neo matrix famous type figure and the bust of neo from gentle giant,I am not happy for the quality of the neo's head sculpt and paint from toys and I want to switch it with the gentle giant's head,but I don't know:dunno how can I cut and make the neck hole in the resin bust without damage it ,must I make a recast of the bust or....???, can someone help me in my purpose ?
many thanks to all :clap

Is there an easy way to swap the arms of a Truetype with another TT's arms. I'm looking to swap some Perseus arms onto another body. Or better yet, is there an easy way to swap out the chest/back/upper torso from one to another. I'd really like to have a normal short neck TT neck with the Perseus arms and if I can keep the muslce legs too that would be great.

Is there an easy way to swap the arms of a Truetype with another TT's arms. I'm looking to swap some Perseus arms onto another body. Or better yet, is there an easy way to swap out the chest/back/upper torso from one to another. I'd really like to have a normal short neck TT neck with the Perseus arms and if I can keep the muslce legs too that would be great.

You'd have to take it apart and look. I've swapped TTA arms to an older TT and all I had to do was sand down the "discs" that fit into the slots inside the TT torso.

Is there anyone that can recommend a solution for sealing paintwork on rubber arms so it dos'nt flake off when you move the arms around?

I was thinking off adding liquid latex to the paint, would this work to give it some flexability and stop it cracking?

Hi People,

Can someone tell me (a beginning customizer) how a repaint job on a Hottoys Predator is best finished/sealed??

Should you apply a layer of flat clear on the repainted figure?
I am going to use Testors model master acrylic paint.

Thanks guys:peace

Ok Here we Go I am a NEWBIE !!!

I just Bought a SS Jason 4 head and some other parts off ebay.I am going to need a Body and Have been looking around ,I know I will need one with the Neck that goes up and has a Ball joint.That is what the Other SS Jasons I have look like they use.I have Never Done a 1/6 figure before and I am unsure of the Different Body types that will match up so Please Help this Newbie:gah:.

I will need a 1/6 Jason Part 4 mask too anybody know where to get those ???and Clothes ,Oh God what have I got myself into :thud::panic: Thanks for the help

Hi People,

Can someone tell me (a beginning customizer) how a repaint job on a Hottoys Predator is best finished/sealed??

Should you apply a layer of flat clear on the repainted figure?
I am going to use Testors model master acrylic paint.

Thanks guys:peace

Testor's Dullcoat is the best overall sealer. You also have to get the thinner to go with it. But don't use it to thin the sealer, just to clean the brushes.

can anybody help me and tell me whats the best coloer to use on teeth to get the real enamal effect,because a stright white looks to bright and unreal....Thanks

can anybody help me and tell me whats the best coloer to use on teeth to get the real enamal effect,because a stright white looks to bright and unreal....Thanks

Well depends how beat up you want the teeth to look?

Smokers have yellowy teeth and most people have some discolouration so you can try adding a watered down yellow or black over the white.

I added watered down black on my terminator and it came out ok for it, but if you want a more human look I would use a cream or off white.

And maybe use a clear gloss or sealant to give them a veneer, hope this helps:)

Back