Attention Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I signed on (and sent money) for the House head sculpt commission, Chris really didn't have that many sculpts on the go. I had seen his DK work and felt that he was talented and reliable so I jumped aboard. Then we waited and eventually saw a finished sculpt. Then we waited some more and saw the House head posted for sale on eBay. And I thought "WTF. He is selling them on eBay and I don't have mine yet? Oh well, it shouldn't be long." Now I am starting to think I should have bid on the one I saw on eBay. I might have it by now. I'm not even waiting for a painted sculpt. Just stick the head and cane in the mail and I'll be happy. But now he is not even replying to us. Should I just kiss my money good-bye and get one of Serang's doctor of medicines or what?
Mike

I don't see the point involving Kuato when he has nothing to do with these projects. And I'm not worried about CHowes at all. I can wait.

Actually, Kuato was originally involved in most, if not all these projects, as he was to be the painter for any painted versions of these heads. If I'm not mistaken, Kuato recently dropped out of painting any of C. Howes sculpts, so I thought he might be able to shed some light on the situation. That's all.

I've spoken with Chris a number of times through e-mail and pm and he was always quick to respond to any questions I had about sculpting. I'm also a part of a couple of these commissions and think it's really strange that Chris hasn't popped up at all. I'm really starting to wonder if something HUGE happened personally and hope that isn't what's holding things up.

I'm really starting to wonder if something HUGE happened personally and hope that isn't what's holding things up.

That's the feeling I have also - I don't know Chris from Alice, but he didn't strike me as the type to take the money and run. I hope everything is okay.

Chris is well alive and I never doubted that we would run away with money - I was just like many others frustrated by the lack of communication and disappointed by the way these projects are handled - anyway, thgis is an extract from an e-mail received TODAY from Chris...

"I can't tell you how
frustrating it's been trying to use my own darn email lately. The
Russian Spammers used my email addresses as their return address on
the SPAM they sent out. So I'm getting literally thousands of emails
returned to me from accounts mostly across Europe. For things like
"Lonely Russian Girls" and cheap watches and impotence drugs. A lot I
can't tell because they are written in cyrillic alphabet! I hate the
idea, but I may have to abandon my domain name and email address for a
new one if it keeps up.

Anyway, Start looking for the painted head late next week. Not sure
about shipping time to Luxembourg from the USA? Enjoy!"

its awesome to hear hes replying to some emails. I wonder why he hasn't been on this board for a while ?.

Yeah. Russian email spammers have nothing to do with your PM box here. Why don't you just create a free email account and post it on these boards Mr. Howes?

So Chris is alive. He is not unable to receive emails, or send them. His account here is still up and running. At this point he is just dodging. It's bull^^^^, and it grows increasingly more frustrating.

It sucks that it came to it being a thread but something had to be done. I am a fan of Chris' work but the wait is killer and when he doesn't respond after he has our money is bound to have this happen.

I will still do comission with him cause he's very talented but I hope he gets his stuff straightened out because there's alot of unhappy people.

Russians...I hate those guys.

ivan_drago.51164333.jpg

It sucks that it came to it being a thread but something had to be done. I am a fan of Chris' work but the wait is killer and when he doesn't respond after he has our money is bound to have this happen.

I will still do comission with him cause he's very talented but I hope he gets his stuff straightened out because there's alot of unhappy people.

this is pretty much how I feel now too.

"We must find this Krystopher character, I had him sculpt a custom head forr me and now he vanish" "We find and krush him"

putin-vladimirs600x600.jpg

I have to be honest. I kind of sensed something like this would happen to even before I ordered too. I guess I'm an idiot. :huh:lol

Ywah, that's why I held off or went elsewhere for House, Star Trek and the like,.

Has he sent out any of the Bald Summer Glau HS? Were they even done and ready to ship out, or did he just do an example HS and was going to do the others before he sent any out?

I wish I knew but I don't. I'm getting the battle damaged head and he hasn't even started doing that one yet and the comission started last sept. going on a friggin year. :banghead

I've paid for a Summer Glau, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. I get the 'email' problem, but is Chris' internet down as well? I've got stuff from Chris in the past and it was excellent.

Chris...? Chris...? :confused: I know you're out there, buddy! Come talk to us! :peace

Chris Howes has a reputation but that same reputation can be broken too. It's unfair for anyone to tell off people who are just concerned over what the paid for. I'm at ease because I paid for one headsculpt and one cane but I'm sure there are many of you who ordered plenty more.

Look at Josh or Les for example

Exactly. This situation is getting ridiculous. There's no reason for it. Look at Les' situation - he had no Internet access at one point and ended up going to the library to update his customers, or have phone calls with one, who would come here and let everyone else know the status ONTOP of all the other crazy stuff that was/is going on in his life.

but this situation with chris is different he never really responded prior to the two weeks before he stopped logging in. Losing computer access has nothing to do with anything. The guy just responded when he felt like it. I hate to be a rotten apple but the guy shouldn't have taken so much money if he couldn't handle the work load. I mean at the very least drop by and tell us he's working on it. Complete ignorance is what sparks up situation like this. I remember in his HOUSE thread plenty of people were asking for an update chart/list of people who paid and he just completely ignored us.

Back on May of 08, way before all these commissions started I ordered and paid (almost $500) for the 3 Star Trek statues he had for sale on his website. These were supposedly already sculpted and all he had to do was clean up the masters and mold and cast them.

Well here it is over a year later and to date I have only received 1 of the statues and that took over 6 months to get.

When he was communicating he told me every excuse under the sun:

-He had a bad case of the flu
-They were hit by a hurricane
-His mother or mother in law needed some type of surgery
-Russian Spammers

He has also lied to me on at least 2 occasions saying that they were shipped, of course nothing ever arrived nor did he have any type of tracking information.

All requests for a refund were ignored and now all communications has ceased.

The only time he communicated with me was when I contacted the authorities in Ohio and they paid him a visit. But to date I still have not received the items.

Keep in mind these were ordered before he started doing all the commissions and were supposed to be already sculpted.

Don't know about the rest of you but for me it it time to call a spade a spade and I will do what I have to do to either get what I paid for or get my money back.

From my own personal experience with him I would never recommend his services to anyone for anything...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back