• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ATTENTION: Again possible scammer among us

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luis138

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here in this hopeless f*king hole we call L.A.
I must warn everyone of a possible scammer among us.

I had this item for sale:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57042&highlight=screamin'

A member contacted me and told me that he had the Anakin box and if I was willing to trade. I said yes so we agreed to the box plus $40 cash from him. First he told me he would send the $40 with the box, after about three weeks of telling me he would send it he finally did. There was no $40 inside, he contacted me and told him to give him my Paypal info so that he could send the $40.

He did. We had agreed that I would not send anything until I receive his part of the trade as he is new in this forum.

I did take two weeks as well since the box arrived when I was leaving to Comic-Con and when I came back I found some family affairs that took my whole time, as some of you know. I contacted him and told him sorry for the delay, it has been shipped.

Here is where the scam comes in, about a week later, next thing I heard about this trade was an e-mail from Paypal stating that he had opened a dispute specifying that the item was not what I had described and he wanted a $30 refund, not the whole $40 he had sent. As I was reading that e-mail I received a second one stating that he had escalated it to a claim. Within 2 minutes, didn't even give me a chance to finish reading the first e-mail. Thankfully Paypal took my side and didn't issue a refund.

I have contacted him on three occasions asking him what is going on, what kind of scam is he trying to pull. He never bothered responding, always ignored my e-mails. I think that if indeed the item would had been different that what we agreed he would had contacted me demanding an explanation.

Now, the bad part is that I don't remember his user name. Honestly I don't remember if I deleted his PM, since we are only allowed 100 or if he contacted me only via e-mail.

I don't know if the mods have access to deleted messages and could probably find it there and get his user name. In any case, is name is Justin Holmes from PA. Obviously I have more information about him but that is all I am posting here.

There are always two sides to every story so I invite him to expose his side here and state why he never contacted me if indeed he felt that he didn't receive what he was supposed to receive. I just think that he tried to keep the model and get his money back.

I have done deals with several members here and they all know I am honest. These kind of experiences leave a bad taste in one's mouth. First I get scammed by Bronxbeast, now this

Hopefully people reading this will keep an eye open and avoid getting scammed.

Thank you everyone,

Luis

I save all my PM's to my computer as a record for sale transactions. It's easy to do, just checkbox them and download as .csv file. You should try it.

Your situation sounds complicated.

I save all my PM's to my computer as a record for sale transactions. It's easy to do, just checkbox them and download as .csv file. You should try it.

Your situation sounds complicated.

I will definitely start doing that now. I learned my lesson. The situation is over though, Paypal didn't give him any refund. I am just warning people.

Luis

Hope things work out---Your post had me go back and make sure a package I sent out arrived. I looked to my feedback section to find the buyers name--I too try to delete messages after the event is over--I will have to start saving them.

Hope things work out---Your post had me go back and make sure a package I sent out arrived. I looked to my feedback section to find the buyers name--I too try to delete messages after the event is over--I will have to start saving them.

Yeah, the bad thing is the the communication was done mostly in e-mail. I am mostly positive that I deleted his first PM because I remember looking at his profile.

I have all of his e-mails but not the PM with his user name.

Luis

Thanks for the heads up Luis. Glad he didn't recieve his refund. I hate how some people just have to be shady.

You're welcome. Like I said, if he feels that he didn't receive what we agreed on the correct thing would had been to contact me. The fact that he didn't, is ignoring my e-mails and escalated his dispute to a claim within 2 minutes makes me realize he just wanted to pull a fast one.

Luis

Back