Attakus Grievous: A few sweet shots

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

The SS piece just looks more menacing since Grievous is attacking. The Attakus piece looks more like he could be in a defensive pose possibly. So, that's why the SS version stands out more to me and if I had to get 1...it'd be the SS.

re

I'm gonna stick with the SS one. For one thing it gives me a few months breathing space to pay for it...plus I want to focus on the Tatooine characters, the first newbie being the Tusken Raider. Can't wait to see it fully painted.

Problem is the price. They always say you get what you pay for, but Sideshow makes incredible statues and their prices on some pieces are about 1/2 of what Attakus charges.

You know Mike...I was thinking the same thing...until I thought about the Predator Maquette. lol

The Terminator Endo at retail of $550 or so...I thought that was high and hopefully as high as the 1/4 would go...then at SDCC they announce the 1/4 Predator and although I love it and have it on order...I'm not sure I want to pay $1000 for a 1/4 piece. That is really getting up there in price especially for a 1/4 piece when the initial 1/4 pieces started around $250 when they started making them. I know it has to do with other factors, but come 'on...do I really want to spend $1000 on a statue/figure? I may have to rethink my decisions on some of this stuff as it's starting to average a second house payment per month essentially. :lol

On the Predator Maquette I really think it was SWS that determined the price more then SS. I hope so anyway, we will see with the next 1/4 scale release that SS produces where the prices go. It's my thinking that they will go back down to what the rest have been.

Jesse

SWS = Stan Winston Studios

The Predator price is an anomaly I'm sure, and they are even trying to distinguish it from the Premium Format by calling it a maquette instead. The traditional PFs will be in the same range - look at Doom - announced at the same time as Predator, probably the most complex and largest PF they've none (aside from Predator) and he's only $300.

Protozaius said:
If you were to get the non-exclusive Sideshow Grevious, wouldn't that piece be a single medium without the cape? :dunno

Something about the pose I don't like... I dunno maybe with only two lightsabers Grevious looks a little too... human? Besides Attackus has decided to sculpt Grevious in a pose that was not seen in the movie. I think Sideshow captured the dynamic of Grevious... and you can take off the cape if you want him to be screen accurate.

And having seen Sideshow's Grevious at SDCC... I just don't think that the character can be done any better.

and it's BIG! :thud :thud :thud

Although i was really disappointed by the General Grievous character in the movie, I belive his design (or should i say 'its design'?) is marvelous. That's why i ordered the figure (Sideshow exclusive edition). I remember coming across a discussion about the single media/mixed media issue of this figure (Attakus approach vs the Sideshow approach)... I'm a big fan of Attakus and I prefer their interpretations of the Star Wars characters over the SS versions. Also i'm not to keen on the use of textile on polystone figures. Even though the Attakus Grievous is not finished yet, and a real comparison cannot be made, I must say that i prefer the Sideshow version at this point. It's just so much more expressive and dynamic. And there is another advantage the SS version has: I can always remove the cape, if i grow tired of it. Try that on the Attakus version! Still, I'm looking forward to the final version of the Attakus Grievous.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Although i was really disappointed by the General Grievous character in the movie, I belive his design (or should i say 'its design'?) is marvelous. That's why i ordered the figure (Sideshow exclusive edition). I remember coming across a discussion about the single media/mixed media issue of this figure (Attakus approach vs the Sideshow approach)... I'm a big fan of Attakus and I prefer their interpretations of the Star Wars characters over the SS versions. Also i'm not to keen on the use of textile on polystone figures. Even though the Attakus Grievous is not finished yet, and a real comparison cannot be made, I must say that i prefer the Sideshow version at this point. It's just so much more expressive and dynamic. And there is another advantage the SS version has: I can always remove the cape, if i grow tired of it. Try that on the Attakus version! Still, I'm looking forward to the final version of the Attakus Grievous.
Lets just Buy Them all...............My Wife is not near............... :D

Here is a teaser pic of the Attakus Grievous, my own opinion, both SS 1/4 figs and Attakus are in a league of their own. Both great quality. Being such a fan of both companies, I shall have the two. Attakus looks like they are doing a good job of the paint thats for sure. I for one, like the many out there was very disappointed with Grievous from the movie, he just rocked in the books and cartoons. However I did read in an article that Lucas didnt want the same brutal ruthless monster in the movie, he did not want to draw the attention away from the other bad boy, (Anakin) Darth Vader. :vader Hence we got the less weaker Grievous who many thought to be suffering from TB with the coughing. LOL Some didnt know what happened between him and Mace Windu. It sucks, but makes sense why Lucas did it. In the end no matter which is chosen, in the words of the General himself, " You must realize, you are all DOOMED!" :p

gricolor.jpg

Last edited:
TheWitchKing said:
Here is a teaser pic of the Attakus Grievous, my own opinion, both SS 1/4 figs and Attakus are in a league of their own. Both great quality. Being such a fan of both companies, I shall have the two. Attakus looks like they are doing a good job of the paint thats for sure. I for one, like the many out there was very disappointed with Grievous from the movie, he just rocked in the books and cartoons. However I did read in an article that Lucas didnt want the same brutal ruthless monster in the movie, he did not want to draw the attention away from the other bad boy, (Anakin) Darth Vader. :vader Hence we got the less weaker Grievous who many thought to be suffering from TB with the coughing. LOL Some didnt know what happened between him and Mace Windu. It sucks, but makes sense why Lucas did it. In the end no matter which is chosen, in the words of the General himself, " You must realize, you are all DOOMED!" :p

gricolor.jpg
DOT NOT COPY................ :D

Here's the full shot. Damn that is impressive! Not Sideshow Grievous impressive, but impressive nonetheless. Kudos to Attakus for making a fine looking piece, and congrats to those who are getting it.

TheWitchKing said:
:lol

Gaz into Star Wars Attakus, Rodlonghi bought the Attakus Shrek. Attakus will rule once more! Glad you two gave in. You cant resist the darkside! :p

Time to throw away the " It's retarded, to each his own! " slogan for good. :yay

True Danny, but I'm keeping my GG SW collection. This Grievous is looking very nice but I prefer a 1/6 collection to match my LOTR collection.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what GG does with a 1/6 Grievous. Considering the dynamic poses of their previous offerings, I know they'll produce something great that's more affordable than Sideshows "Definitive" Grievous and the impressive Attakus Grievous.

Back