Attakus complete Jabba the Hutt scene !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the one by Sideshow looks more realistic and movie accurate,he's more slimy .The one by Attakus looks like the digitalized version of the character.he looks almost cartoonish..And I have seen him many times in person..Its really a nice and imposing statue, but The one by Sideshow is just more realistic.Even the old maquette by illusive looks more real than the attakus one.IMHO.

YOU decide...

attakus.jpg

jabba03oe7.jpg

I have to agree with Shai here. The Attakus Jabba does remind me of the ANH version a bit. Kind of like what Jabba would look like between ANH and ROTJ.

Last edited:
I like the SS version much better. I also like the price much better so it's win/win for me.

I'l refrain on giving my opinion on which is better since it's irrelevant and just compliment you on a great looking setup.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I'l refrain on giving my opinion on which is better since it's irrelevant and just compliment you on a great looking setup.

True. Sorry Milo. I guess the point of this thread was not to compare, but just to enjoy the Attakus Jabba set-up. I have enjoyed seeing it all together. Thanks for sharing your pix.

Wor-Gar said:
True. Sorry Milo. I guess the point of this thread was not to compare, but just to enjoy the Attakus Jabba set-up. I have enjoyed seeing it all together. Thanks for sharing your pix.

Thank you, that was indeed the point of this thread

Darth Milo said:
Thank you, that was indeed the point of this thread

I didn't realzie that until I started reading more LOL. I didn't even realize the first photos were of YOUR stuff. It is a nice set up. I think the Bib and Gamorrean Guard are awesome. My biggest problem is with Jabba himself as he looks like the digital version instead of the ROTJ puppet.

Nice set up Milo.

I think Attakus has many pieces that are tops.

I prefer the Vader I to any other Vader by either Sideshow or Gentle Giant.

Similaryly, the Stormtroopers, Imperial guards, and creature statues are fantastic.

Their human likeness are problematic.

For this set to be complete, do you also not need the Han in Carbonite and also Oola as well? Also buy the RotJ Luke to stand in front and THEN I think you'll be finished.

I don't remember if R2D2 was ever part of the throne room scene. Only when C3P0 and R2 were initially presented to Jabba right?

Les couleur et les gouts... you know the rest. You can't compare apples to pears. The Attakus set rocks. The SSC set rocks also. Some can afford the Attakus set, but will never have it. Some are happy to own the SSC set and wouldn't want to touch the Attakus set in a million years. That's just the way it is. I say, let's be happy that the best scene from RotJ has been captured in vinyl and polystone! Hmmm... the best scene? Oh, no! The fight between Luke and Darth, in presence of the Emperor... THAT is the best scene from RotJ. Or is it the Speeder bike pursuit on Endor??

Agreed! I totally forgot about that piece. As for R2 and 3PO, the best way to have them displayed in that scene, IMO, is to have them both facing Jabba (Gift? What gift?). Jedi Luke, on the other hand, would go well with Boba to reproduce the "Skiff" scene.

dfchang said:
For this set to be complete, do you also not need the Han in Carbonite and also Oola as well? Also buy the RotJ Luke to stand in front and THEN I think you'll be finished.

I don't remember if R2D2 was ever part of the throne room scene. Only when C3P0 and R2 were initially presented to Jabba right?

Anyway, nice set-up Milo. I'm one who also doesn't care at all for Attakus human representations in statue form, nor do I think they captured Bib as good as SS did, but I will praise an impressive display; and, your display definitely fits in the "most impressive" catagory. :) Can we see wider pics also?

I also think the Sideshow version is more screen accurate. For sure.

Regardless, great set up!

Back