Attack of the show and xplay both canceled

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess all good things come to an end. Granted, X-play has garnered plenty of criticism regarding its quality but everyone still loved it until Adam left.

X-play will always have a special place in my memory. To be honest I'm kinda sad. Fortunately those moments past quickly. Now back to the Ada vs Batman debate.

when your core demographic gets it's fix from the internet instead of tv, it's only a matter of time.

Yup and it's not just the demo that G4 attracts. Network tv is getting slaughtered in the 18-34 demo across the board.

Internet is killing tv like tv killed radio back in the day.

E! network drove the channel into the ground when they bought them out. The internet really had nothing to do with it. There was a time when G4 had very high ratings on multiple shows like Cheat,Electric playground,Cinematech,Xplay,Attack of the Show,Pulse and also an early morning show I cannot remember that focused on new gadgets and latest tech and also an extensive E3 programming block every year it came around..
Once E! took over they fired all the old G4 producers and programmers and also all the hosts for the great shows.

R.I.P G4/TechTV...you will be missed.

as long as Ninja Warrior is intact, they can cancel all shows for all i care.

I always thought it was ironic that this channel never made the switch to HD. Even when DirecTV carried it it was only available in Standard Def. I agree that the failure of the channel to come to terms with DirecTV was a death blow.

I watched AOTS this week. John Barrowman was hosting again all week. He was the best guest host they had since Kevin left.
For me, Olivia was the heart of the show, and Kevin was like just sideshow Bob, but he was still miles better than Candace Bailey who really still just doesn't fit in.

Last edited:
Olivia was the best, Kevin was 2nd. Adam was meh. Morgan Webb was annoying, but the shows had a place on my DVR until Dtv lost the channel. I will miss Around the net and Epic Fail, and all of the funny moments between Kevin and Olivia. Very Sad that such a great show had to be driven into the ground by the networks fighting for control of them.

I was on Attack of the Show once...or at least my video was. It was pretty cool. I wish I could find the episode. :(

Back