AT-RT Maquette from Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like them too. Even though their head sculpts haven't impressed me that much over time. I'm also not a fan of mini busts. I like full body statues, mainly 1/4.

I like them too. Even though their head sculpts haven't impressed me that much over time. I'm also not a fan of mini busts. I like full body statues, mainly 1/4.

Yeah that's part of the problem, lately they've focused heavily on busts and i couldn't care less.

Yea. Still, I watched their booth tour from a while back. The one with Maul (spider body). Rarely have I been that captivated. GG correctly (someone said this) captures the true essence of Star Wars. So it's always exciting to see a walk through. Even though the accuracy or likeness is off.

Yea. Still, I watched their booth tour from a while back. The one with Maul (spider body). Rarely have I been that captivated. GG correctly (someone said this) captures the true essence of Star Wars. So it's always exciting to see a walk through. Even though the accuracy or likeness is off.

I agree, the spider Maul looked great. He's just not my kind of Maul and Mythos was on the way so I skipped it.

Dewback and Sandtrooper, Scout on Speederbike, ESB kneeling Darth Vader are among the best Gentle Giant statues and among the best SW statues of all lines, not just GG. I have all their Imperial statues, and even some busts, and while many of their products can be simply FANTASTIC, some others can be a spectacular fail.

Very true. Those are some excellent pieces, Sergiu.

Many look to Sideshow's Mythos line for cool and 'different' pieces. In fact, there are a lot to be found in GG's catalogue. The Scout Trooper on Speederbike is a good example. It has some Mythos qualities.

The Scout on Speederbike is a very elegant statue, kneeling Vader with an edition of 5000still holds the presence (and price). And the GG Dewback is a very impressive heavy piece, the small Sandtrooper on top of it is quite accurate too.

And those are all older pieces from GG, back when they were putting out some good product and had it together. I used to have the Sandtrooper on Dewback, until I dropped it and broke it. :( There isn't much these days that really impresses me with GG anymore and their delays are downright laughable. I used to collect GG, some of their original busts are awesome. I think the first bust I ever bought from them was the Biker Scout. I also enjoyed their animated maquettes, but I fell away from the line after lack of product, delays, and price increases. I gave up on them altogether when they discontinued the Indiana Jones line.

Dewback and Sandtrooper, Scout on Speederbike, ESB kneeling Darth Vader are among the best Gentle Giant statues and among the best SW statues of all lines, not just GG. I have all their Imperial statues, and even some busts, and while many of their products can be simply FANTASTIC, some others can be a spectacular fail.

Totally agree. I have Kneeling Vader and he's my favorite Vader. I also have the 2 Guards.
I really wanted the Scout with Bike but as i recall he's 1:7 isn't he? I'm not a 1:4 whore by any means but that's just too small for me. Same with the Bobba and carbonite, love the piece but 1:7... :/

Last edited:
Totally agree. I have Kneeling Vader and he's my favorite Vader. I also have the 2 Guards.
I really wanted the Scour with Bike but as i recall he's 1:7 isn't he? I'm not a 1:4 whore by any means but that's just too small for me. Same with the Bobba and carbonite, love the piece but 1:7... :/

I know what you mean. I think I'm a 1/4 whore, though. :)

IMG_1008_zpsa5f842ec.jpg

IMG_1014_zps1ef35e94.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Though compared to the old Scout trooper on speederbike statue, with all those cool tiny details on the bike itself, you can really tell this was made from CGI

Back