Assassin's Creed 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AC was always a very popular series, it's just that the first figure never sold well and Hot Toys had abandoned the line. Connor would be incredible though! Hopefully, AC 3 will make Hot Toys take interest in this franchise again.

He didn't sell well? I wasn't collecting when he was out, but I'm surprised that he didn't sell well...you usually cant get him for less than $300 on Ebay nowadays :dunno

He didn't sell well? I wasn't collecting when he was out, but I'm surprised that he didn't sell well...you usually cant get him for less than $300 on Ebay nowadays :dunno

Yup. Hot Toys said something along the lines that if their AC 2 Ezio was popular, they'd make more figures. But since they didn't, I can only guess that it wasn't "flying off the shelves" when it was first released. The figure has gotten expensive on Ebay - but that can be said about practically every Hot Toys figure that increases in value after a few years.

They may have said that and meant "only making RE &MGS figures at this time." They probably already have someone working on a Connor figure while we speak. Hot Toys is all about the $$$, and right now Assassin's Creed is a $$ maker.

It took a long time for the AC2 figure to sell out everywhere and Hot Toys have limited resources. Lately they've shifted pretty much everything to Batman and Avengers because those are the licenses that equal $$, much more so than AC.

....I would like to be wrong though and hope you're right :)

Why would the Ezio trilogy set be a PS3 Exclusive? Not that it matters since I have all the games, but they play SO much better on the Xbox.

It would actually be better to play it on the PC :lol. The current consoles have gotten extremely dated in terms of graphics.

We're talking play-ability and controls, not graphics. I couldn't even imagine playing AC games on the PC with a mouse and keyboard. F that.

We're talking play-ability and controls, not graphics. I couldn't even imagine playing AC games on the PC with a mouse and keyboard. F that.

It's very playable if you have a controller. You can even connect a X-Box 360 controller to a Windows 7 PC. The only real advantage that the consoles have are achievements/trophies and larger online communities for multiplayer.

It's very playable if you have a controller. You can even connect a X-Box 360 controller to a Windows 7 PC. The only real advantage that the consoles have are achievements/trophies and larger online communities for multiplayer.

Pretty decent advantages with the AC games, though.

Look, I'm not anti-PC gaming at all. To be sure some games are better experienced on PC. And of course graphics will always be more cutting edge. But some games are also more "console games" by nature and design. And AC is absolutely that, IMHO.

Buy 700$ PC to play with controller.

rutdtd.jpg

Wow, some of the replies here. A computer does a lot more than just play games. I'm sure that you guys know that already since you're using one to access the forum :lol :cuckoo:.

While a new PC is initially more expensive than a console, the cost is actually much cheaper in the long run - since PC games are always on sale for a fraction of the price of those on the consoles.

But in the end it's up to you on which you prefer. Personally, I'm peeved at the way that consoles have fallen drastically behind PCs in terms of graphics and playability (eg. no freezing at all while playing Fallout 3 and Skyrim). Added to the fact that neither Sony nor Microsoft have even announced a single next-gen system after 7 years.

Anyway, didn't mean to derail the thread - I'll continue this discussion for next year's E3 :rotfl

Last edited:
Wow, some of he replies here. A computer does a lot more than just play games. I'm sure that you guys know that already since you're using one to access the forum :lol :cuckoo:.

While a new PC is initially more expensive than a console, the cost is actually much cheaper in the long run - since PC games are always on sale for a fraction of the price of those on the consoles.

But in the end it's up to you on which you prefer. Personally, I'm peeved at the way that consoles have fallen drastically behind PCs in terms of graphics and playability (eg. no freezing at all while playing Fallout 3 and Skyrim). Added to the fact that neither Sony nor Microsoft have even announced a single next-gen system after 7 years.

Anyway, didn't mean to derail the thread - I'll continue this discussion for next year's E3 :rotfl

I don't bother arguing PC vs Xbox.
I love using my super light ultrabook for all computer needs. Its perfect for all Ms Office/internet stuff but woudl be useless for games.
Video games I like to be in a beanbag staring across the room at a giant TV with a controller in my hands.
To each their own :)

In regard to no annoucements, Microsoft and Sony are being quiet because they don't want to kill all sales dead of the current gen system. Its pretty well known that end of 2013 is the launch for the next gen systems and from everything leaking out it looks like its going to be a ridiculous leap forward in tech.

5K? Woh. Perhaps this person should have waited a few months before selling theirs :lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Assassins-...61LQN1rpPhmEgRWnYJeSKFk=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Some info on the statue.

tiao8282 said:
Hi guys,

I also own this figurine. It is indeed pretty rare although I have seen couple in the past few months on ebay. So from what I have heard, it is a very rare item (as rare as the AC press kits) and it is definitely a must own if you are a die hard AC fan. This being said, it has never been sold to the public. According to some AC collector site, this figurine was targeted for the Spain market (and given as pre-order bonus) like ours AC1 Collector figurine that came with the game (standing) but the in the middle of the distribution, editors decided to drop that figurine released due to the stand and eventually the "square box" it came with it. It wasn’t the right proportion and they went for the one we all know (Altair standing in the collector edition). A lot of people are wondering how many were made but some forum are advancing the number 100. I have personally no idea about that number but all I know is that it might be close to 100 or less. This figurine has been given away to AC competition winners and Ubisoft employees to thank them for their great work. Other than that and ebay this figurine is VERY rare! Last two one I saw went for 720 euros and 500 euros respectively. The price will vary depending on the condition and if the figurine comes with the original box.

Hope this help

$%28KGrHqN,!pcE8WsBfnqBBPVp822keg~~60_12.JPG

altair-statue-shown-suring-art-gallery.jpg

I read the XBox version will come in 2 separate discs. One for the singleplayer game, the other for the multiplayer game. That's a pretty sensible way to split it, instead of splitting the campaign between discs.

Although, I guess if you installed both discs on your hard drive, it wouldn't matter if the campaign was split between 2 discs.

Back