Asmus Toys - Thranduil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling that those of us that ordered through ee and bbts late in the game aren't going to get him....if somehow he does ship I'll be pleasantly surprised, if he he doesn't, well, that's what I kind of expected anyway.

I have a feeling that those of us that ordered through ee and bbts late in the game aren't going to get him....if somehow he does ship I'll be pleasantly surprised, if he he doesn't, well, that's what I kind of expected anyway.

IMO based on what BBTS told me when my Thranduil was delayed (but I knew folks who had ordered from ASMUS were getting their figs) - BBTS said that stuff used to ship from Asia right away; now the shipping companies wait to pack the shipping containers full before actually moving anything. BBTS may or may not be notified by a company and/or may not receive any notification until after they have stuff e.g. BBTS/other companies are not in control.

Not trying to be super-optimistic for anyone as Thranduil was supposed to be a limited production; but on the other hand if BBTS and other companies are insisting it is still on its way there may be some hope:dunno. I ordered Thranduil in fall 2016 and got him this year in April I think...it took months. I know I e-mailed BBTS and they explained about the shipping and how they are not told anything. They shipped Thranduil as soon as they got him.

IMO based on what BBTS told me when my Thranduil was delayed (but I knew folks who had ordered from ASMUS were getting their figs) - BBTS said that stuff used to ship from Asia right away; now the shipping companies wait to pack the shipping containers full before actually moving anything. BBTS may or may not be notified by a company and/or may not receive any notification until after they have stuff e.g. BBTS/other companies are not in control.

Not trying to be super-optimistic for anyone as Thranduil was supposed to be a limited production; but on the other hand if BBTS and other companies are insisting it is still on its way there may be some hope:dunno. I ordered Thranduil in fall 2016 and got him this year in April I think...it took months. I know I e-mailed BBTS and they explained about the shipping and how they are not told anything. They shipped Thranduil as soon as they got him.

This is true but,
It doesn't make any logical sense.
So you telling me,
I got my Legolas and still but the shipping company haven't got their shipping tank full for Thranduil lol.
It is like a joke to me.
Thranduil was made and shipped way before legolas
Asmus said they shipped it all,
BBTD AND EE ARE NOT honest
Lies lies

Asmus,
You need to give us an explanation on what's going on here with these Preorders?
We have not received what was preorder before Legolas

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but I had an order with BBTS one time for the ACI Roman General (Gladiator) figure. It came in 8 months after the release. I kept e-mailing them about it, and they couldn't give me any definite info, but they did get it eventually.

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but I had an order with BBTS one time for the ACI Roman General (Gladiator) figure. It came in 8 months after the release. I kept e-mailing them about it, and they couldn't give me any definite info, but they did get it eventually.

Thanks RJ, I'm just on a wait and see basis. If it happens to ship somehow I'll be happy, if it never does, well it's my fault for sleeping on the figure when I had the chance to order him from the beginning

This is true but,
It doesn't make any logical sense.
So you telling me,
I got my Legolas and still but the shipping company haven't got their shipping tank full for Thranduil lol.
It is like a joke to me.
Thranduil was made and shipped way before legolas
Asmus said they shipped it all,
BBTD AND EE ARE NOT honest
Lies lies

Shipping can be weird if you track stuff across the U.S., even. ASMUS shipping all they had is one thing. A shipping company (and there may be more than one as UPS has been passing stuff to USPS lately) - can make sure their cargo plane or ship is totally full before leaving. Esp. with high fuel prices. Cargo vessels aren't just carrying a bunch of 1/6 figures. They pack a ship or plane and then move. Plus the cargo container probably sits until it's full. And cargo ships especially can't just do whatever they want, there are shipping lanes and assigned docks and weather delays and someone has to unload the stuff.

Then the stuff has to clear customs and get divided out to whoever it's going to. Then the stuff probably goes to a hub, and then to a merchant. Don't think BBTS or EE have any control over all that, or are kept in the loop. So yeah, if the "last batch" of Thranduil went out after Legolas, you would have got Legolas first.

Just like some folks get their Sideshow figs before others and SSC told me quote "stuff comes in batches".

Again, not bein' overly optimistic. IMO if it's the end of a production run stuff can be sketchy and shipping documents messed up. But if BBTS and EE are insisting they are getting more Thranduil, they probably expect to unless they finally hear something else.

Well, I think I know how I got this when others haven't yet. Mine was definitely a return. BBTS always double boxes their items. This wasn't in a Asmus shipper box and the figure box was damaged. It looks like whoever opened the Asmus shipper used a knife and sliced it. If this wasn't so hard to get I'd return it. I'll have to check it out later and make sure everything is there.

Bummed.

Well, I think I know how I got this when others haven't yet. Mine was definitely a return. BBTS always double boxes their items. This wasn't in a Asmus shipper box and the figure box was damaged. It looks like whoever opened the Asmus shipper used a knife and sliced it. If this wasn't so hard to get I'd return it. I'll have to check it out later and make sure everything is there.

Bummed.
I would definitely confronting this and see if they would give you a partial discount, baring in mind that the figure is okay and keepable.

Entertainment Earth emailed again.

Item #, Quantity, Name, Status
-------------------------------------------------------------------
DC169145, 1.00, The Hobbit Thranduil 1:6 Scale Action Figure, Estimated Release Date is November 2017

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Bummed.

That's less than ideal, but all things considered, as long as the figure is complete & undamaged, I'd keep it. It's seeming less and less likely that outstanding orders will ever be filled, so you may be better off than the others waiting on BBTS and EE. I was lucky to find one this summer for $250 shipped from France; with an Edition size of only 600, they're pretty scarce.

20171104_160908.jpg20171104_160856.jpg20171104_160931.jpg20171104_160845.jpg
So I love this figure but as you can see I'm in the process of replacing some things...he is getting rehaired....he will be getting a custom cape....and changing how the feathers look on the back...but the changes I have been able to make so far are the swords....I didn't like the size...didn't like how not straight they were after closers inspection...hated the fit....these are actually letter openers hahaha...the fit is not perfect but MUCH BETTER...I love the length and the shine and how smooth they look...they look elvish in quality if that makes sense....what do you all think

Back